GTC-TC-76 : VW Scirocco GR2 Series Round 2 @Nurburgring GP - Tue 11th June 2013

Scirocco-series.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 VW Scirocco GR2 ( Download ) +Update ( Download ) + (liveries) You will be given a link to the download on signing up for the event
Track: Nurburgring GP Default track 5.148km

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 12 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.05 (10 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.15 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 12 laps )

Note 1: Only use the special skins that have been had made for this event please.
Note 2: If you sign up on the night please state which skin number you would like to use
#53 #176 #720 #109 #969 #550 #384 #105 #936 Skins can be viewed HERE
Note 3: Signed up members will get priority over the driver slots.
Note 4: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 5: We run a SuperPole Qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action.. After you have done your qually lap please exit to the pits, Do Not Complete Your In Lap. Do not return to the track or drive in the pit lane after this.
Note 6: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways.Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly. AndThe kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..
Note 7: Points to be awarded for completion of the race 1st place gets 30 points right down to 1 point for 30th place
We have 2 races per event so a double win can get you 60 points for the event. There are no points awarded for fastest lap or pole position. But you must finish the race to claim your points.
Note 8: Pit speed limiters are to be used in the pits whilst on the server at all times on RaceDay

Note 9:If you have no sound in your game you need this HERE

How to install the Series Cars HERE

Server password: click here

Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson #68
  2. Simon Bacon #92
  3. Rene van Zijp #65
  4. Jacob Boonstra #70
  5. Andreas Löffler #936
  6. Antonio Tavares #964
  7. Roland Warmenhoven #71
  8. Tim Ling #427
  9. Guus Verver #86
  10. Dave Flower #69
  11. Warren Schembri #23
  12. Bjorn Spierenburg #13
  13. Jack Smith #33
  14. Brian Harlow #53
  15. Neil Gault #27
  16. Markus Hakamo #969
  17. Matt Keith #7
  18. Jorge Ferreira #109
  19. Carlos A Ortiz #720
  20. Krzysztof Babij #81
  21. Anthony Levene #909
  22. Knut Omdal Tveito #44
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
  30. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Didn't want to comment on this until after thoroughly reviewing the replays. Which I just for did the last hour.

Personally, I fail to see any relationship between driver conduct and points. For me, I don't care about points in clubracing but obviously a majority of the racers does. So after bringing them in last week only to take them away now because of some individuals sub-par driving makes no sense to me.

However, since I'm not staff nor planning to become staff, my opinions on this are completely irrelevant.
So if the GTL staff members think this is a way to improve things, I'm perfectly fine with that.
I just hope after the 24h-calm-down-and-review-again rule they still feel the same way as to some this decision seems quite disappointing.

Which brings me to the point I want to make:
After randomly scrolling back and forth through the field in real-time in both replays, I can only say that the number of offenders I found was surprisingly low, way less than I expected based on the comments above.:O_o:
I did see the occasional chicane-cut and a few Turn 1 dives (including one of mine - Sorry Antonio, it was unintentional-honestly!:redface: ) but I found only one driver who alternated multiple offenses with nice clean driving. [EDIT] I must admit I didn't count driving outside the white lines, which there was plenty, especially in turn 4 :redface: [/EDIT]

Maybe I just missed all the really bad bits, but IMO, and at least around me, things really weren't that bad. I'll admit that my passes on both Antonio and Dave in R1 won't be contending in the Overtake of the Year-award but I still feel they were legit. [EDIT] At least one wasn't. I'm sorry Dave, won't happen again. [/EDIT]
(Should anyone disagree, please let me know). In fact I had some really good fights in both races, most notably in race 2 with Krzysztof who despite being much quicker kept it very safe and very clean while on my tail for half a race. I was so busy defending I half-missed quite a few corners but still he never attempted anything remotely dodgy to get in front of me. Hats off to him for that.:notworthy:

So while some may have been caught in more than one incident or have been wronged in either race, IMO it's not like both races were a complete disaster. I'm confident that to the vast majority of drivers it was quite an enjoyable couple of races. After all this IS the GTL Club. Not <insert random sim name here>.

So Thank You Rupe, for bringing us another fine event; too bad you obviously didn't enjoy it as much as I did.:(
And thanks to all gentleman racers on track with me. You know you are a majority. And you always will be.:thumbsup:

And to Matt Keith and others: like Dave said, there's no such thing as 'not good enough' and lack of pace should never be a reason to quit. There is 'not mature enough' driving, but that holds no relation to on-track pace. At all.
So please just join the races or come on TeamSpeak any day, pretty much every regular guy here will be willing to help you out with anything as much as they can.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back