GTC-TC-76 VW GOLF @ Autodroma Saponaro Rev -Thu 20th Dec

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 - VW Golf ( Download )
Track: Autodromo Saponaro Reverse V1.0 (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap 1 attempt only)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 11 )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap 1 attempt only)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 ( 11 )

Note 1:Default Skins that come with the WV Golf mod only.
Note 2: We are using the reverse course due to a posibble jump unsettling the cars on the front straight, if you forget to lift before the sweeping right hander. The GR1 vw golf gives a little lift but the GR2 is more of a tail kick.
Note 3: Race 1 we will use the GR1 VW Golf
Note 4: Race 2 we will use the GR2 VW Golf
Note 5:We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stefan Woudenberg
  2. Roland Warmenhoven
  3. Dave Stephenson
  4. Stuart Thomson
  5. Hans Sneep
  6. Carlos Diaz
  7. Philip Brown
  8. Bob Hutchins
  9. Jack Smith
  10. Alberto Tescara
  11. Maciej Dolinski
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

:) Good fun tonight.
I was much more competitive in the first race. In race 1, I made a silly error on the big downhiller and bumped Stu (sorry) from behind. I was in second spot before bump and last or second to last after the bump. I stalled the car twice here while trying to restart but I never moved once I got her going and people worked around me. :thumbsup: Philp was quite pleased with his effort to avoid me. I hope my method was ok because I felt they could see me from well off and I didn't want to escape out so close to Christmas.
In race 2 I went off track twice due to "mayan" own fault so I was not very close to the leaders and their pace was a bit superior to mind this time but I had a good time working against some of the others who also had troubles.

Thanks to all organizers..Stu, Knut and the new guy..ah what's his name .. Rupe. Cheers to all drivers. Merry Christmas, happy holidays.

Well it looks like we may have escaped the end of the .... holy $%@^% what is that hugh fireball coming down from the ...aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Great fun tonight! :) :thumbsup:

To my surprise: I snatched pole.... TWICE!!!! :) My first serious and legal pole positions for GTL and I feel proud. :D And those laps were even with small mistakes. :)
For both race I had way too much wheelspin although I was slow and gentle on the clutch, but lost at least 4 positions per start, so ended on the spot where I normally drive... mid field.. :D
In both races I was too hard on my still cold tyres and span and lost a lot of positions. In both races I was able to catch up again and gain some ground/posiotns, but the guys who were on podium course were way too far in front. Besides the mistakes I made, my best GTL racing night. :)
Thanx for the orginasation and to all who raced. :thumbsup:

And Rupe Wilson:
Don't be so sure of the 2 poles, 2 fastest race laps and 2 wins next week!!! ;) I will give you some competition and hopefully I can ...at least... snatch pole again..... :D

Merry Christmas everyone!

Need a complete brainwash,starting to be an old fart (Quote Warren) !
Thinking we will drive the Scirocco ??:confused: so testing with it an only on Wednesday evening late realized it was not the Scirocco but the VW Golf,not a big different between the driving stile but still a new car to learn,Gr1 is nice to drive but G2 a big difference could not get a round with it,in the practice for R2 not 1 timed lap loosing the rear all the time :poop:

R1 Qu went well p5:),lost some places at the start but that was not a problem,the problem came in lap 5 entering the strait going of an split my car in two on that nice fence:cry:,watch the rest of the race from the pit looking at a nice battle between Stu Bob an Alberto great racing!

So R2,as I say having big trouble with the car,starting Q set the default setup an that went well only thing that not go well was the first corner going of an stuck after the fence lol, start from the back an of course lost the car in the esses , Carlos was waiting for me!! but you did not touch me Carlos ! but happy to have him near to race with :cool: some little mistakes cost a lot of time on those fast tracks,so fin on p 7 an happy with a 1,58 !
O an I love that first corner:thumbsup:
Thanks Rupe an Stuart nice track an car !!

Merry Christmas To All.....

I don't really like the front drives that much for sim racing, (great for snow,) but I should have know the Golf would be fun. especially at this track.

I was very impressed by the competive qualification runs with Stefan coming out on top in both races, well done! My own quali for R1 was less impressive and it only got worse... I made several mistakes early on so by the tiime I had to drive off the track to avoid Jack at the hairpin, it didn't really matter much...:giggle:
So...once it didn;t matter anymore and I was able to slow down and find a rhythm, especially in the esses's that slowly tighten, I started setting some of my best lap times, ah ha!

Held onto this thought for R2 and did much better in quali, helped out by a large number of folks who did not post a time, I started 4th Had a good start into 2nd and then, not spending too much effort fending off Alberto and Bob, I hung onto 4th, eventally closing up on Alberto later in race. Stefan had also caught up by this time and we had an exciting final lap. I closed right up on Alberto on the front straight, then I tried to go low under him into turn one when, for the first time all night, the back end stepped out! I nearly lost it and had to back off , letting Stefan slip by...

Thanks Stuart, Knut and Rupe (hope you are on the mend,) for all you do for GTL and RD, well done to Bob, Stuart and Alberto for the podiwins. This was a nice way to close out the year, although I also hope to be challenging for a spot next Thursday...Merry Christmas all, it was a good night!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back