GTC-TC- 76 Pontiac Firebird @Motodrom Schottenring - Sun 6th Oct 2013

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: 2 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL

Class: GTC-TC-76 Pontiac Firebird ( Download )
Track: Motodrom Schottenring ( Download + GDB-fix)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Race 1: Pontiac Firebird Trans AM
Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (10 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Race 2: Pontiac Firebird HC
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 (10 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read these rules.
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Race 1 Pontiac Firebird Trans AM Race 2 Pontiac Firebird HC
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time
(1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap No In Lap, Press Escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!
Note 6: There are 2 things to download for the track, 1st is the track, the 2nd is a GDB fix for the track to sort out the timing, just drop it into the Schottenring folder and let it overwrite the file. :)

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Antonio Tavavres
  3. Mike Bishop
  4. Yves Larose
  5. Ken Hunter
  6. Roland Warmenhoven
  7. Hans Sneep
  8. Steven Walker
  9. Krzysztof Babij
  10. Warren Dawes
  11. Lars Johansson
  12. Dave Flower
  13. Hiroshi Awazu
  14. Knut Omdal Tveito
  15. Kjell Eilertsen
  16. Milos Litavec
  17. Jacob Boonstra
  18. Philip Brown
  19. Davy Vandevenne
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
while your waiting check out our latest download
Big Ron 69 Boss302 Mustang 1.2
found HERE

The Boss302 Mustang will be the beginning of a series of Trans-Am cars, which will be available for GT Legends
And tonight we will be racing the second one released in the pack

A match made in heaven :inlove:

Last edited:
I LOVE THIS CAR! So much FUN!
That said, I wanna apologize to @Jacob Boonstra for taking him out on the first lap first corner in the second race. I won't make any excuses but wanna explain what happened;
For race one I noticed my sound was messed up, I heard other cars far away from me very loud but my own car was really low. Fixed this for race one, but for race two I restarted the game and that reset the options so on race two I couldn't hear my own car among all the others. That got me very much out of focus and I completely missed the braking point for the corner in the midst of everyone else.
Completely my bad, sorry!

Yep, once again this car proved to be heaps of fun to drive. The HC was certainly much livelier, and probably more to my liking. :inlove:

Race 1: The guys in front were a little slow off the line (I think Yves may have held Rupe up slightly), so I had to back off and was immediately swamped from both sides. Then I got my ears boxed a bit in turn 1 due to flow on of someone having a late braking dive into the pack. So, when things settled, I was P6 and following Roland, but he had a bit of a whoopsie as he hit the gas too hard exiting one of the tight turns. I then watched Davy slide into Antonio trying a late brake dive, which put me up one more and hot on Antonio's tail. I spent the rest of the race there, keeping Antonio honest and "interested". I felt I could have pushed a bit harder, but didn't want to risk hitting Antonio who was keeping his arms wide. It was only on the last lap or so when I saw Knut had made his way through the field that I thought about whether to try passing Antonio, but instead I played it safe and kept telling Antonio (under my breath), "C'mon mate, Knut is coming fast".
Grats to Yves, Rupe, and Antonio for the podium.

Race 2: Veeery different in this one, lots more concentration needed to keep this beast clean.
Started ok this time and managed to slightly jump Yves off the line, and then he outbraked himself a bit at turn 1, giving me the opportunity to have a run in the lead for a couple of laps. I decided to try to make Yves work a bit harder for while by keeping things tight, but I noticed that Steve was hanging on to both of us while Yves and I battled. Just as I was thinking it was time to let Yves loose and concentrate on my own race, Yves dived inside on the last turn, and did the job anyway. From then on, I just enjoyed hurling the beast around this nice track and having a ball. :)

Grats Yves for the second win, and well done Steve for 3rd.

Thanks for organising Rupe, another well suited track for a very nice mod. :thumbsup:

Great turn out tonight guys, I had real good fun in these cars... i think i got my mojo back but i must admit im suffering now... time to take it easy again for a few days..

Ok i know we have specific times that we start but i would like to ask all drivers please be in the room before we go to qually...
if you join whilst in qually it can cause a lag issue as drivers are on there superpole lap.
reason you are about to start a race you have not even driven a lap ont he track with your fellow racers, going into the first turn is asking for trouble .. lets face it its hard at the best of times but when you haven't even turned a wheel its not fair to your fellow racers.

if you have already been in the room in practice and lag out in qually you may rejoin.

Please remember this ........
if your to late for the first race there is the option for race 2....
Pleas all bare this in mind....

If you not in the room before qually starts you have missed your chance to race in that session...

Last edited:
I guess its a sign of the times when one can remember the excitment of seeing the new '76 Firebird in the show room of the local Pontiac dealer, back in 1976! Its now a classic, but these are not anything like my father's Pontiac...

Race 1, still trying to turn some consitent times under 2:00, I qualied near the back of the grid, which was a good thing as I am still pretty inexperienced with these in race conditions. I managed to avoid any serious mishaps through turn 1, just a slight nudge to Dave after I let off the braking too soon.;) At the next hairpin, got turned around, which put me to the back of the pack. This gave me a chance to ease into the action as eventually caught up with a goup that provided some good racing.

Race 2. Like most, found the HC " more lively", but managed much better quaili. Got away well, following Mike and Antonio. Eventually Rupe started pressuring us also. Was able to hold him off by following my line, but eventually he slid by me in the big slow left hander coming down off the hill. :giggle: By this time my tires where starting to go off, so just focused on finishing.
Congrates to Yves on the double win, ( deja vu ) and to Warren, Antonio, and Steve on their podiums. Also thanks to Rupe for the excellent event, and congrates for your good showing on your return to GTL racing! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Before this event my track record with this track was.. well, far from great.. And unfortunately this event was not very different.:whistling:
At first all was well.. I had great fun in P1, kept the car on track in Q1 and managed a pretty good lap, in 8th I believe.:)

Race 1 start was great, managed to avoid the T1 inside diver:mad: and got as far up as 5th for a few laps, until as Warren said I had a whoopsie exiting a corner and had to let him go.
However I, remarkably enough, could sort of keep up with him and Antonio battling it out, with Kjell close behind, so no room for mistakes.

Suddenly Kjell was gone however, and it was Knut behind me!? I then did another whoopsie and had to let him by (like he wouldn't have passed me anyways:laugh:). Still, so far so good.
Then on the long straight towards S/F Knut had a big lag moment, I crashed into the back of his car and bounced off.. into the pitlane!!:confused: Not only that, but it happened so fast that I got a Stop'n Go for speeding in the pitlane!!!:roflmao::laugh:

Oh well, since the car was still fine, I could continue but with taking the SnG penalty the next lap, I finished 2nd last..:O_o:
Well at least I finished, and kept my feet dry this time. So that is an improvement! (for those of you who missed that, check HERE)
No worries Knut, if was great fun until that moment! And my not making R2 was probably for the better, as without proper practice I would have been a danger to others in that car.:cautious:

Thanks Rupe, great to have you back, grats to the podium finishers and thanks all for racing!:thumbsup:

"Rupe Wilson,"
your going to miss a cracker :( Lars
And it looks like the 1969 Boss302 Mustang could match the Firebird TA initial teat brings them real close on performance and lap times on a few tracks.....

V8 muscle cup ...:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::inlove:[/quote]

So lets race again then soon! Did some testing yesterday (Firebird) and the car is real fun and the sound is great!:inlove:

Last edited:
Had a great time last night. I was really looking forward to throwing these beauties around that lovely track and, apart from race 1 I wasn't disappointed. In all honesty I thought that, of the 2 variants the HC would be the hardest one to keep on the track but it turned out to be the opposite way around.:O_o:

Race 1 started well but first race nerves got the better of me and I overcooked it a little coming out of the last 180 at the top of the hill and went into a tree damaging my steering or suspension. For the rest of the race I had my hands full trying to just keep it on the track and finished in last place.:cry:

Race 2 was a much better showing from me. I somehow managed to qualify in 3rd spot and got a decent get away from the line which kept me in close company with Yves and Warren into and out of turn one. :cool: From then on it was just a matter of trying to keep it on track again while keeping warren in sight. It actually turned out to be a little easier than I thought as they were both battling hard and slowing each other down. It didn't take long for one of them to get the upper hand and start opening a gap on the other but suprisingly I was still gradually catching warren.:D Unfortunately the inevitable happened and I made a slight mistake and went a little wide in the last 180 again but was able to recover quite quickly. Too late, the damage had already been done and warren was out of sight but I was still in 3rd place so I just kept it clean for the remaining laps and held the place to the end.:roflmao:

These cars were awesome to drive and I am very much looking forward to the next time we use them. Congratulations to the winners and very well done to everyone else, especially the ones that finished the races.:whistling::roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back