GTC-TC-76 Boss vs Firebird @ Moirana - Sun 20th October 2013

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: 2 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL

Class: GTC-TC-76 Boss302 Mustang ( Download ) vs Pontiac Firebird TA ( Download )
Track: Moirana ( download ) v1.3

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (15 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (15 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES Click them Please Read the rules.
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 =Boss/ Race2 = Firebird TA Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time
(1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap No In Lap, Press Escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson Boss #28 / Firebird #3
  2. Hiroshi Awazu Firebird #88 / Boss #302
  3. Ian Strom Boss #45 / Firebird #87
  4. Antonio Taveres Firebird #200/ Boss #18
  5. Yves Larose Boss #14 / Firebird #2
  6. Paul Bennett Firebird #6 / Boss #1
  7. Kjell Eilertsen Boss #302 / Firebird #196
  8. Allan Ramsbottom Firebird #196 / Boss #102
  9. Dave Flower Boss # 8 / Firebird #6
  10. Christopher Hall-Nelson Firebird #7728 / Boss #99
  11. Ken Hunter Boss # 2 / Firebird #8
  12. Mike Bishop Firebird #36 / Boss # 9
  13. Jack Smith Boss #33 / Firebird #92
  14. Steve Walker Firebird #87 / Boss #33
  15. Roland Warmenhoven Boss #15
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver

Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you cant race with guys you have not seen drive. WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return

Pick your car : RED means the car is already chosen in a race
Blue means it used in both races and not available.

Boss Mustang: #1 #2 #8 #9 #14 #15 #16 #18 #27 #28 #33 #37 #40 #45 #70 #83 #99 #100 #102 #302

Firebird Trans AM : #2 #3 #6 #8 #36 #87 #88 #92 #196 #200 #7728

you can pick a red number if that model is not used in the same race
(Ex Boss #28 can not be picked for the 1st race now, but can be picked for the 2nd race )

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 Cars with different qualities but great fun all the same.
id not get much practice in and was out most of Sunday at my sisters so arrived late to the party
(sorry guys) thanks to Steven he had it all covered.
Times like this you really appreciate another member of staff helping out.
should of done it sooner :)

Started in the Boss which was the more tricky car to drive but its bulletproof, learn to drive this fast and you're going to improve your driving skills no end.
had a slow start still feeling my way round but once i got going minus the odd mistake i was running the same times as the leaders and catching. had some great fun with Mike B in his TA
we went through some corners side by side room given by both drivers felt real good to drive hard with a guy giving all, but with respect for you own position on the track. Good fun Mike :thumbsup::thumbsup:
i got by then slid wide and had to do it all over again as the race went on the guys in the TA had their moments also.
The TA might be a easier car to drive but it also a bit weaker if you hit the barrier it takes it toll with the steering as they found out.
but keep it on track and it will reward you, just slow it enough to get this right and it does seem a little faster than the Boss in places but for the grunt out the corner the boss wins.
Ended up in 3rd by the finish following Yves who had a run from the back after a qually hiccup
good racing Yves the class of the field when he kept it on track.
Well done Anotonio on the win, lovely and smooth driving :thumbsup:

RACE 2 was my turn in the TA there was no catching Yves a full second a lap quicker in practice and in qually. Wow..
I did get second place in the qually as the other guys were now in the Boss and not as quick.
Got the jump into turn 1 in the race and knew it was only time before Yves would get by but i tried to make him work for it. FAILED...
he was soon by and just leaving me lap after lap. i had Kjell behind me in the TA and i was doing the same to him. it was a quiet race really nothing silly just lapping at a safe speed.
byt the time we finished the race there was 14 seconds to Yves in front of me and 15 seconds to the guys in 3rd behind me.

Well done Yves super speed and a good win.

Out the 2 races race 1 was more fun love the battling more than free lapping :)

Next Week LM55 old school, time to get your slide on guys...:D:D

Last edited:
Sorry for not coming back lastnight guys. After having a cig, i couldnt lift my leg enough coming back into the house and fell arse over tit.
Back is put out, hip is on fire and I've got a splitting headache through my spinal cord compression.
Up untill I went for a smoke, it was a really good night. Had some good laughter with you guys, even if it was a bit sick at times ;)

Next time then guys!

Good grief Chris, get better soon!

Race1: The Boss... The Boss and I ain't friends, I'll leave it at that I think....

Race2: The TA, I love this car, I love this track, all set for having a cracking evening!
Qually went really well for me, I improved my personal best time when it mattered by over a second and took 3rd on the grid. I was expecting a few to be faster than me, for instance Rupe and Yves, but that time Yves put it.... I want what he's smoking...
Got off to a decent start but lost a little to the two in front, but since they where duking it out I was actually catching up with them, until Yves got past Rupe and they both got to focus on putting in good laps. From there on it was almost a snoozefest waiting for the guys infront to make a mistake, which ofc didn't happen. I did no bigger mistakes myself either so I finished where I started with a good gap down to 4th.
I could say it was boring, cos in terms of racing it pretty much was, but the car is such a joy to drive and the company on TeamSpeak made it all worthwhile nonetheless.

Thanks again folks, cya at some other virtual venue! :)

Wow Chris. I know they say smoking is bad for your health but I don't think that's quite what they meant. :laugh: And your moobs didn't cushion the blow either? :roflmao: Get well soon mate.

Race 1 was an amazing experience in the Firebird. Racing with a default setup I was able to keep up with Captain Fanatec and the Smooth Operator Antonio for most of the race. even managed a few awesome overtakes with him. Apologies for the few little taps I gave you but we were racing so close and they were unintentional. ;) We swapped places several times over the first 10 laps until Yves came along a spoilt the party. :whistling: Unfortunately on lap 12 I lost the back end on turn 10 by the tiniest amount and couldn't recover it. Ended up in the wall with damaged suspension. I didn't realize this until I tried to get back on track but by then Rupe and Mike had entered turn 10 themselves and I couldn't get out of the way quickly enough. A big sorry to Rupe and especially Mike as I caused you to spin out trying to avoid me :sick:. That's where my race ended sadly. I could have had a podium but it wasn't to be. :rolleyes:

Race 2 was a disaster. I knew that I wasn't going to be any good in the Boss so I decided to start from the back of the grid. Got a reasonable start at the green lights and made up a few places. The Boss and me aren't the best of friends and it wasn't long before the people I had passed started to retake their positions.:redface: I think I finished last but at least I finished this one.:laugh:

Well done everyone that finished and to the podiums. See you next time.

Two very different races for me :

Race 1 - Boss Mustang - 4 wheels outside the lines on my qualy lap so I escaped and started in 8th on the grid... Only to brake too late on about the 4th turn of lap 1 and rather than taking Paul with me I bailed off the track and found the barriers... hard - Race over - but great fun watching the leaders chase poor 'Captain Fanatec' (as he appears to be known now!). Fantastic racing well done to Mike for dealing with the relentless pressure from Rupe and to Alan for holding everyone off until about lap 10 - great spectating so all was not lost for me.

Race 2 - Qualified 5th, managed to start the race with full lock on my steering but didn't cause anyone problems as I fumbled off the start line to get it straight. Some great racing as I regained spots as people went off culminating in a fantastic chase on Antonio with Jack doing the same to me. Crossed the line in 6th, which is pretty good by my standards - but oh the fun in that chase with Antonio making his Boss seem sooo wide and Jack reeling me in.. Will edit this post shortly with a quick video of the chase in the last 2 or 3 laps - first time with Bandicam so be gentle on me !!!

Thanks to all who attended and especially to RD, and @Rupe Wilson and @Steven Walker for doing a great job.

Chase Video
:) @Jack Smith and @Antonio Tavares

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years