GTC-TC-76 BMW2002tii @ Kyalami / Oesterreichring - Thu 16th May 2013

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 BMW2002tii ( Download )
Track: Kyalami 70 (Download) / Oesterreichring 70 (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 14 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 14 laps )

Note 1: Race 1 we will use theKyalami 70 circuit
Race 2 we will use the Oesterreichring 70 circuit
Note 2: We are using the BMW2002tii model that is car
#5,#31,#51,# 58,#72,#77,#91,#105,#112,#202,#203,#207
Note 3: only the skins that come with the mod please, and lets try and use all the liveries for a colourful grid.
Note 4: Unpack the mod into your main GT Legends folder
Note 5: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 6: We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..
Note 6: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways.Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly. AndThe kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson #105
  2. Paul Bennett #72
  3. Senad Subasic #51
  4. Antonio Tavares
  5. Sakis Politis #91
  6. Knut Omdal Tveito #58
  7. Antonio Tavares #31
  8. Steven Walkerr
  9. Hans Sneep #112
  10. Brian Harlow
  11. Alex Prescott
  12. Marcin Piatkiewicz #5
  13. Brian Wallace
  14. Eck Simpson
  15. Roland Warmenhoven ?
  16. Rene van Zijp
  17. Ross McGregor
  18. Hiroshi Awazu
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

The Austrian track is one of the most crazy tracks I have ever raced!
And the ''naughty'' BMW makes it even more exciting! I don't mind if I ''hug'' a wall after a low altitude flight and ruin my car, I just want to be able to say ''I was there racing with other crazy drivers''... The air of the event is so rock 'n roll... So 70s (when men raced coffins with wheels flat out instead of teenagers inside carbon shells). :p

I found out that Knut's tip regarding the Toyota works well here when one starts with the Kyalami setup: stiffening the dampers works wonders on the stability of the car. I went from front/rear 2 on bump and 3 in rebound from Kyalami setup to front/rear 3 bump and 4 rebound, and the car felt much better, especially when cornering over elevation changes. I noticed that especially in turn 1 and in the U turn ahead that leads to the interior straight. The car was bouncing too much, and I guess that produces poor camber angles that make the car very unstable. Stiffening the bumpers keeps the car from bouncing too much, and easier to keep under control.

Please could you sign me up for this too. It'll be my first race. Ever. So... appologies in advance for any accidents ;(
Wouldn't mind car #203 if that's ok. No idea about setups and stuff but have to start somewhere :)

Welcome Alex! My third race here so I'm quite new as well. As mentioned above Steven already posted an online setup which is quite stable. We can meet earlier than the practice session for a few laps so you will have an idea of the car and tracks. I will gladly help in any way.;)

Alex Prescott, Hello mate you found us then,:)

I dont know how much you know about GTL, but here is a link to our help and tips section lots of handy stuff in there ... Click ME
We all use XD as a motec device real handy little tool ( So you don't run out of fuel)
Just shout if you need a hand..
We run a superpole qually
in a 10 minutes session you are asked to set a time that is 1 out lap and a flying lap and then return to the pits, you get one chance at this only :). Try and leave a gap between the car in front so if the unexpected happens your lap wont be spoilt by having to compensate for another driver.. We all made mistakes out there,,,:redface: See you on track later.. :)

Unless you likes going sideways round every bend. We are talking about Knut here,
a exception to the rule it ever i saw one.:roflmao::notworthy:

Rupe, have you tried hardening the rear bar? I also noticed yesterday that the car is very responsive to that: I hardened the rear bar 2 clicks up and the car went sideways at the minimum steering input; exiting any corner was with the steering wheel in opposite lock...

But stiffening the dampers worked really wheel by preventing big vertical oscillations on the car that were causing poor camber angles and very hard to control drifts, due to the lack of traction, that resulted in scrubbing too much speed, and speed and momentum through corners, once lost, are difficult to recover, especially in high speed tracks such as Austria.

I'll upload my setup in case you or someone else want to try it; if you prefer a little more "sideways", try increasing the rear bar one or two clicks. ;)

I found out that Knut's tip regarding the Toyota works well here when one starts with the Kyalami setup: stiffening the dampers works wonders on the stability of the car. I went from front/rear 2 on bump and 3 in rebound from Kyalami setup to front/rear 3 bump and 4 rebound, and the car felt much better, especially when cornering over elevation changes. I noticed that especially in turn 1 and in the U turn ahead that leads to the interior straight. The car was bouncing too much, and I guess that produces poor camber angles that make the car very unstable. Stiffening the bumpers keeps the car from bouncing too much, and easier to keep under control.

Agree with this on the dampers I'm using 4 front / 5 rear gives you more a stable drive :)
smell ya later :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years