GTC-TC-76: Alfa Romeo GTA Junior gr2 @ Dijon-Prenois - Thu 30th May 2013

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 Alfa Romeo GTA Junior gr2 ( Download ) +sounds ( Download )
Track: Dijon short & Dijon Gp Default tracks

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 14 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 14 laps )

Note 1: Race 1 we will use the short track and for Race 2 the GP track
Note 2: only the skins that come with the mod please, and lets try and use all the liveries for a colourful grid.
Note 3: Unpack the mod and you will find a folder named TC-76 inside this folder there is a folder Alfa Romeo GTA Junior gr2 and put this folder into your GTC-TC-76 folder
Note 4: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 5: We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..
Note 6: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways.Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly. AndThe kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Paul Bennett
  3. Brian Harlow #100
  4. Hiroshi Awazu
  5. Hans Sneep
  6. Antonio Tavares
  7. Eck Simpson
  8. Paulo Borges
  9. Steven Walker #48
  10. Adrian Zwoliński
  11. Mike McGeer
  12. Alexander Knoll
  13. Bjorn Spierenburg #176
  14. Roland Warmenhoven
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Rupe, a couple of liters make a surprising big difference, especially in super pole qualification.

Yesterday with the Simcas, in practice with 9 liters (race fuel), my first 2 laps were made in high 29's. With 3 liters, I was able to lap around low 29. That is a - 0,5 secs (at least) difference. That with a 6kg difference, if you estimate 1 liter of fuel = +- 1kg. :thumbsup:

The problem comes when you go to starting grid with fuel for 1super pole lap only...like me in 2nd race...:whistling:

Steven Walker

Sorry Steven I was away from PC @Dijon and when I saw your comment you had already left..
To get a lap time in the second below you were lapping tonight, I'd recommend the following:
1 - use only 3rd, 4th and 5th gears for fast laps. The corner I marked is in 3rd gear (2nd cuts too much speed and it's harder to control wheel spin on exit)

dijonshort.jpg

2 - The exit with maximum speed from last corner is crucial; all the speed you carry there will be amplified in the long straight ahead. Turning the wheel too much will scrub speed. As soon as I reach my turn in point, I point the car with a small lift and a quick and crisp movement of the wheel (almost like in a cart) and concentrate in hugging the inside in a controlled drift with almost any steering input until I'm able to track out with full throttle again, straightening the wheels as much and as soon as I can.

Hello Adrian Zwoliński Mike McGeer and welcome to the club

we have a little help section with some little gems in there. Found HERE
we all use XD to keep an eye on the tyres and fuel (the in game fuel is not reliable when using mods cars)

If you need anything or unsure about it give us a shout, there is always someone around to help

see you on track:)

A couple of things that sometimes get missed in the first time on track.. As the sim doeas not allow us to do this through the game we do this ouselves.
Note 5: We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap.
Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap,
leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..
After you have done your fast lap you can press escape to go directly to the pits you dont have to complete the inlap.

You will find there are allot of us on T/speak for the event .. Useful info on setup is talked about..
typing in chat is allowed in practice as long as its race related
typing in chat during the qually is not allowed,
T/speak talking in qually , we try to keep quiet.
whilst in the race keep communication to a minimum, race related stuff is ok..

Thanks again for yet another cracking event! Had a blast despite some incidents! :D

Race 1:
Got a great setup from Steven which improved my laptime during practice by almost 2 seconds! Qualified in on 6th, just under 2 sec slower than the pole sitter, this must have been my best qually in my "career" so far! Too bad I couldn't capitalise on it :p
Made a poor poor start and found myself 9th entering the first corner, then madness started happening in front of me and while trying to avoid a spinning car I went way too wide and found myself sitting last once I was back on track. ><
Fought my way up a couple of places only to make stupid mistakes and fall back again, several times. I can't recall where I finished the race but overall I had fun despite my mistakes.

Race 2:
Less practice on this version of the track which lead to me being much slower compared to the fast guys here. Qualified 8th and had a similar start, didn't drop that many places though and turn one seemed very clean from where I was sitting. As in Race 1 I did some stupid mistakes here and there, fell back, fought my way up just to fall back again. Had a minor incident with Hans Sneep where I got a good run on him on the start/finish straight, pulled up on his right side to take the inside on turn one, I probably came in too fast for him to see me going there because (it seemed to me like) he turned in on me. Don't blame him though I put myself in his blind spot and fast. Finished the race in 7th, so an improvement on both my qually and Race 1, but mostly due to others having DNFs or so (think I had two or three cars running behind me still).

I know, Club races ain't about winning, it's about FUN, and BOY did I have FUN! A lot of the fun however comes from the feeling of actually having improved as a driver. Even though I'm still making stupid mistakes at times, I can feel myself picking better lines, being more consistent, and when incidents happen it's usually a spin off the track from which I can recover and return to racing, as opposed to a total wreck which was the norm earlier. :p

Again, thank you GTL Club, you guys make this sim worth racing! :)

Have to agree with Kjell here, this was another evening very well spent!
And I have to agree the setups Steven makes usually are very stable, and for me: stable=good. Thanks Steven!
A word of warning to you all though: don't trust his fuel figures:p:roflmao:

Race one, I had a terrible start, bogged down to almost stalling; must have slowed down at least half the guys behind, and the other half got past me there :redface:
Didn't matter though as I had plenty of fun. Had a great scrap with Bjorn lasting about half the race, there was very little diff., if any, in our laptimes at that point:thumbsup:

For Race 2, having used all te practice time I had, I managed a really really smooth lap with no mistakes that got me P2 on the grid behind Antonio.
And another, very sophisticated approach to starting this time worked well (being: Just floor your right foot all the way and release clutch s-l-o-w-l-y) and I got to T1 in 1st..
So without traffic around I managed to stay focused for once and not screw up for the whole race, and I won!! YES! YES! YES!:confused: That compensated quite good for the lack of on-track action, I'll just leave that for another time.

So, as usual, BIG thanks to Rupe for this event, and of course thanks to all of you for racing. See + Hear you gents next time!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%