GTC-65 @ Zolder - Sat 21st June 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy Marsden

• Andy Marsden

Hey guys!
Another GTL event to have a go at, this time we are keeping to a default track - Zolder!
The weapons of choice for this evenings race will be the cars of the GTC-65 class with the exception of the Ford GT40 to keep the race as close to fair as possible! :D
So sign up one and all for what should be a fantastic event, and as this is on a Saturday lets see some of our North American members taking part! :thumb:

Event details
Game: GT Legends
Date: Saturday 21st June 2008
Server: RaceDepartment.com
Cars: GTC-65 Class: AC Shelby Cobra, Austin Healey 3000, Chevrolet Corvette, Ferrari 275 GTB, Jaguar E-Type, Lotus Elan, Lotus Elite, Mercedes 300SL, Renault Alpine A110, Shelby Daytona Coupe, Shelby GT350, TVR Griffith 400 (In the interest of fairness the Ford GT40 is barred from this event).
Skins: Default only
Circuit: Zolder, Belgium
Password: Here

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 19:30, 30 mins
Qualifying: 20:00, 30 mins
Race: 20:30, 30 lap race

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Pitstops: Optional *** Please note change from original
For hints on how to do a pitstop: here)
In-game start time: 1700

Signups
1 Yoeri Gijsen - Shelby Daytona
2 Simon Bacon - Lotus Elite
3 Gaynall Hudgins
4 Hans Sneep - Lotus Elan
5 Warren Dawes - Lotus Elan
6 Broxman - Lotus Elan
7 Kevin Ascher - Lotus Elan
8 Jerome Benard - Renault Alpine
9 Boss X - Lotus Elan or Austin Healey
10 Tobias Röhner - Mercedes 300 SL

Reserves

Darn. Was really confident for a good result, since I had a 10 second lead by lap 12 after a really tight battle with warren. That was amazing. However, after leading 2 or 3 laps then, my tires were down and I never could recover. Especially first corner got a real problem and I spun several times.
Disappointment left me giving up in the end. :o

i had a great pace and started from pole.
then i could get along quite fast and got a 8 sec. gap.
then my stick shift didnt really work anymore and i often shifted into gear 1 when i wanted to shift into gear 3.
that caused about 5 spins till i gave up.

• Jerome Benard

Thanks all, many errors for me but a good battle to came back every time.

See you next all and invite more people to come because GTL races are very funny.

:)

That was an unusual race, more of a mistake-athon I think :circuitzolder:. It's a tricky track at Zolder but very much fun to drive.

I qualified P2 behind a speedy Kevin, about the best I had expected.
Off the line I was jumped by a surprising Tobias in the E Type, and we had a very big battle for the first few laps, but this allowed Kevin to skip away a bit. I eventually broke away slightly from Tobias, and thought I was holding the gap behind Kevin. Then Kevin went off on the early sweeping left hander, letting me get the lead. After a couple of small boo boo's, Tobias grabbed me again, and he and I swapped places regularly in a terrific scrap for many laps. It was funny, his Jag would be faster in some parts of the track, but my Lotus was quicker in others. Great stuff.
As we were fighting side by side, I hit the gas too hard exiting the final chicane, and she started to slide. As I frantically tried to correct it, I wobbled back and forth up the straight for a bit, until I inevitably slammed it into the wall. :homer: :homer: :ambulance:
Tobias had cleared off now, so I settled down to drive for P2. About mid race I saw the Jag in front and obviously having problems (tyres lol), and as I closed in, Tobias slid off again. letting me through. I was expecting our battle to resume again, but he kept dropping back, so the tyres must have been shot.
The rest of the race was lonely as I pulled away to eventually take the win (I don't get many of these :D )

Another small field, suppose everyone was watching soccer, but hope it was fun for those who raced. Thanks. :thumb:

Great pix, Warren!:thumb: Didn't have the pace of the rest of you, so just ran a steady race, tring to make the tires last. Didn't have to pit, but they were gone at the end.

Can someone upload the reply? Mine is missing a few cars. Kevin, when you caught back up to me a couple of times, you were lagging to me, was even in my car the second time. Don't know if it was you or me. Everyone else was fine to me. Was I lagging to anyone?

Great fun as always! Congrats to the podium, 'till next race!:)

4't on the grid was not that bat for me,stay behind Broxman but not keep up with him ,try to push more but that cost me a few spins,try to get stable race- pace but the tires worn out so I slip Somme more get 2 s/g pen. take them and set me beck a lap but in 5't place. In lap 26 I get s/g 3 well I was 1 lap behind so I think race is over in lap 29 for me and dit take the stop and go big mistake I get a discul. stupid of me so a little disappointment but overall I have anice time. Congrats Warren ( nice pics Thanks)

Se you all on Warwick, Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back