GTC-65 Austin Healey 3000 vs Jaguar E-Type Coupe @ Mid Ohio - Thu 8th Aug, 2013

flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC65 Austin Healey 3000 vs Jaguar E-Type Coupe # 820
Track: VLM Mid Ohio non-chicaned ( download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 (13 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read
Note 2: Only default liveries please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 =Austin / Race2 = Jaguar Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson Austin / Jaguar #820
  2. Paul Bennett Jaguar #820 / Austin
  3. Hans Sneep Austin / Jaguar #820
  4. antonio Tavares Jaguar #820 / Austin
  5. Steven Walker Austin / Jaguar #820
  6. Warren Schembri Jaguar#820 / Austin
  7. Driver Austin / Jaguar #820
  8. Driver Jaguar#820 / Austin
  9. DriverAustin / Jaguar #820
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Well... What can I say!. I haven't been able to participate for a few weeks and I end up with two 1st places. Is this some kind of conspiracy? :O_o: It was actually immensely satisfiyng to have left you all for dead on the second race and had The Rupe on my ass exhaust for half of the first race that made today, my birthday, a fantastically enjoyable evening. I must do this more often... :thumbsup:. Hehehe!

I like this track :)

Jag was ok with Hans for a while at the back, but lost the back end down shift in the wrong place game over.
The Healey was a nicer drive, I did bump a Jag on race 2 pile up sorry not sure who that was but no were to go at the time. with 2 laps to go my game crashed out when Steven was just lapping me WTF:confused:, got back on to finish race :rolleyes:

Rupe told me it was an Nvida card issue and put it right for me :notworthy:

Had the Jag for the first race and had only driven it with the keyboard earlier in the day so I was not feeling very comfortable/confident in being a part of the race but I somehow managed to keep at least two wheels of the car on the track for the entire race, no spins/crashes or anything like that. First time that I have done that for a full race

Race 2 was more of the same. Only practiced earlier in the day with the keyboard. Went ok. Was 2nd for a few laps but Antonio passed my by. Was 3rd for a few laps more before Rupe passed me by and from that moment onwards it was all downhill. Back to the usual of spinning/crashing and what not.

Congrats to Steve for a winning double on his birthday!! :thumbsup:

Another great night of fun, i know i keep saying this but its true
I was at the top in the practice so time to start form the rear again
learn some more race craft.
Race 1 was great fun getting through the pack in the Healey, i had driven this car i the previous league so i was in my element. (dont worry guys your cars will be coming)
had fun overtaking the pack and catching up to Steve, It was his Birthday so it was no time to be rude and force a pass, not that i had many chances.
They were there but held of i thought id rather keep pushing learning were to try and not to, you could see opening but i knew the door would close as he went to the apex i was faster in a couple of places on the track were i could overtake if the he run wide but he was holding good lines by slowing enough to make sure, id back of and have another run at him but always a car length to far to make it safe so we crossed the line in close convoy.
Race 2:
top of the pack in practice again so did not qualify again,
after the second corner incident with a few cars and waiting for them all to get going catching Steve as out of the question he had a 20 second lead by this point and was not stopping (there was no need fro him to, he had done nothing wrong). So my goal was to catch the guys in front and see how far i could get.
As i caught up the pack a few guys run wide in corners leaving the door open so i got some easy passes, this track is hard to pass on if you hold your lines. I could see Antonio also getting to the front of the pack so that was my goal try and catch him up and give him a race.
As you may see from the vid below it was quite a battle.
Remember it takes 2 to have a battle, both drivers have to race fair and clean and there is that bit of trust also, Antonio knows me by now as i know him. We don't dive-bomb each other if we do make contact we back off and try again, Club racing at its best, both having great fun both wanting it to last longer..
here is a vid of the second race...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back