1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GTC-65 Austin Healey 3000 vs Jaguar E-Type Coupe @ Mid Ohio - Thu 8th Aug, 2013

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Rupe Wilson, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
    Class: GTC65 Austin Healey 3000 vs Jaguar E-Type Coupe # 820
    Track: VLM Mid Ohio non-chicaned ( download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
    Race start time: GMT 19.30 (13 laps)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
    Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
    Race start time: GMT 20.20 (13 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read
    Note 2: Only default liveries please
    Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
    Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 =Austin / Race2 = Jaguar Even number vice versa.
    Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
    1. Rupe Wilson Austin / Jaguar #820
    2. Paul Bennett Jaguar #820 / Austin
    3. Hans Sneep Austin / Jaguar #820
    4. antonio Tavares Jaguar #820 / Austin
    5. Steven Walker Austin / Jaguar #820
    6. Warren Schembri Jaguar#820 / Austin
    7. Driver Austin / Jaguar #820
    8. Driver Jaguar#820 / Austin
    9. DriverAustin / Jaguar #820
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  2. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Time to use some of the league cars from Season 10 ... :)
    We will be using this track for the events.

3. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

Yes please Rupe

4. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

Signing up

5. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Server Is Up

6. Here's a good opportunity to get familiar with 2 cars rarely driven. Count me in pls, Rupe.

7. Steven Walker

Steven Walker
    Slowly getting better!

Hi guys. Sign me up please Rupe :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

hello stranger welcome back :)

9. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

If you need someone to drive around as if they have banana peels on their tyres, then I'm your man!!

Sign me up please Rube! :)

10. Tony Wiltshire

Tony Wiltshire
    "I'd rather be Sim-racing" said Noddy

If, for some reason, I leave my P&G race early I'll try to make Race 2

11. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

second session has started

12. Steven Walker

Steven Walker
    Slowly getting better!

Well... What can I say!. I haven't been able to participate for a few weeks and I end up with two 1st places. Is this some kind of conspiracy? :O_o: It was actually immensely satisfiyng to have left you all for dead on the second race and had The Rupe on my ass exhaust for half of the first race that made today, my birthday, a fantastically enjoyable evening. I must do this more often... :thumbsup:. Hehehe!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tony Wiltshire

Tony Wiltshire
    "I'd rather be Sim-racing" said Noddy

Glad I could join for the 2nd race but I had been plagued with Internet connection probs for most of the evening (I'd discoed out of my P&G race earlier). Sorry to Hans for the hit under braking at turn 2, totally my bad.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

I like this track :)

Jag was ok with Hans for a while at the back, but lost the back end down shift in the wrong place game over.
    The Healey was a nicer drive, I did bump a Jag on race 2 pile up sorry not sure who that was but no were to go at the time. with 2 laps to go my game crashed out when Steven was just lapping me WTF:confused:, got back on to finish race :rolleyes:

Rupe told me it was an Nvida card issue and put it right for me :notworthy:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

Had the Jag for the first race and had only driven it with the keyboard earlier in the day so I was not feeling very comfortable/confident in being a part of the race but I somehow managed to keep at least two wheels of the car on the track for the entire race, no spins/crashes or anything like that. First time that I have done that for a full race

Race 2 was more of the same. Only practiced earlier in the day with the keyboard. Went ok. Was 2nd for a few laps but Antonio passed my by. Was 3rd for a few laps more before Rupe passed me by and from that moment onwards it was all downhill. Back to the usual of spinning/crashing and what not.

Congrats to Steve for a winning double on his birthday!! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Another great night of fun, i know i keep saying this but its true
    I was at the top in the practice so time to start form the rear again
    learn some more race craft.
    Race 1 was great fun getting through the pack in the Healey, i had driven this car i the previous league so i was in my element. (dont worry guys your cars will be coming)
    had fun overtaking the pack and catching up to Steve, It was his Birthday so it was no time to be rude and force a pass, not that i had many chances.
    They were there but held of i thought id rather keep pushing learning were to try and not to, you could see opening but i knew the door would close as he went to the apex i was faster in a couple of places on the track were i could overtake if the he run wide but he was holding good lines by slowing enough to make sure, id back of and have another run at him but always a car length to far to make it safe so we crossed the line in close convoy.
    Race 2:
    top of the pack in practice again so did not qualify again,
    after the second corner incident with a few cars and waiting for them all to get going catching Steve as out of the question he had a 20 second lead by this point and was not stopping (there was no need fro him to, he had done nothing wrong). So my goal was to catch the guys in front and see how far i could get.
    As i caught up the pack a few guys run wide in corners leaving the door open so i got some easy passes, this track is hard to pass on if you hold your lines. I could see Antonio also getting to the front of the pack so that was my goal try and catch him up and give him a race.
    As you may see from the vid below it was quite a battle.
    Remember it takes 2 to have a battle, both drivers have to race fair and clean and there is that bit of trust also, Antonio knows me by now as i know him. We don't dive-bomb each other if we do make contact we back off and try again, Club racing at its best, both having great fun both wanting it to last longer..
    here is a vid of the second race...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 3