GTC-65 Austin Healey 3000 & TC-65 Alfa Romeo Jnr @ Philip Island - Thu 6th February

Steven Walker

Slowly getting better!
flyergtc65.jpg

Server name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL2
Class: GTC-65 Austin Healey 3000 & TC-65 Alfa Romeo Jnr (Download) + Sounds (Download)
Track: Philip Island 2.763m / 4.446km (Download)
Extra Skins: GTC-65 Class (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (12 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (12 laps)
Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Race1 = Alfa. Race2 = Healey.
Note 5:
We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 out-lap + 1 timed lap. NO IN LAP, Please press escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!
Note 6: Remember the Alfa Romeo Junior is installed in the TC-65 folder.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Steve Walker
  2. Hans Sneep
  3. Rupe Wilson
  4. Paul Bennett
  5. Allan Ramsbottom
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are too late for that session.

Please think of your fellow drivers. Get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive. We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.

If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooops. Sorry about missing the date off. I was trying to figure out why when I put the url in for the download links it would forget or de-activate the one I did previously. Weird!:confused: Anyway, a restart of the browser cured it but doing all that made me forget about the date. Thx Rupe for adding it.:thumbsup:
By the way Warren, guessing correctly means you have to attend now. :laugh:

Numbers low today but still a good way to spend some free time. Thanks Steve for the event. WD Roland and Steve. in race 1 I went off track early and never recovered. Hans was hounding my tail in race 2. If the race was a lap or two longer he may have gotten me.

Suffering a little from a cold that was dropped off here last weekend by my granddaughter.

Sorry I couldn't join Steve, I was hoping to, even had everything downloaded and installed.
My CSP pedals decided to chuck a wobbly and not work properly. Hoping like hell that a good clean out gets them going again, fingers crossed.

@Warren Dawes . No worries mate.There's plenty of time, the track is here all month.;)

I really enjoyed both races. Despite the low numbers the racing was close firstly between Roland and myself in race 1. It could have been one of the closest finishes yet if I hadn't drifted a little wide onto the grass on the last bend on the last lap.:cry: Really close racing Roland, thanks.:thumbsup:

Second race was just as much fun but this time between me and Alan. We were nose to tail for most of the race until his tyres gave out near the end. :(

Thanks to everyone who turned up and see you all next time.:)

The track was new to me, but fortunately it was not that hard to learn. And.. I just LOVE the GTL Alfa's:inlove: so I was up to speed fairly quick. Heck, quite to my own surprise I even managed fastest lap in P1 and Pole in Q1:confused: !!

In R1, I had a decent start, closely followed by Steven who took a little more care in the first few turns but after that was on my tail pretty much the whole race. Alan was there too while Rupe was closing in from the back rather quickly:confused: Unfortunately the 2 of them met at some point leaving me and Steven in the lead. We had a blast as he really kept me on my toes and I managed to not screw up.... until lap 10 or so, when I spun accelerating out of a hairpin. Steve then slowed down for me, like the gentleman he is:) so we continued in reverse order, until in the closing stages Steven did more or less the same and positions were reversed again as we cruised:p towards the finish.

Couldn't stay for R2 this time:(, I just hope it was as good as R1 was.

Well done Steven, and Hans for completing the podium:thumbsup:. Thanks all for racing!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back