1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured GTA V Modding Community Outraged - Bans for Modding

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto V' started by Ricoow, May 5, 2015.

1. Ricoow

420 Premium Member

GTA V.jpg
    The Grand Theft Auto V modding community, established over the years modding GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas and most recently GTA IV, is outraged by the EULA that Rockstar seems to have. As of May 1st people using any kind of mod are reporting that they are being banned from GTA V.

GTA V players from all over the world have been outraged by Rockstar. Since May 1st players are reporting that they are being banned for using mods, even in the single player part of the game!

It would be more than understandable that Rockstar would ban any user using mods in the online environment. Nobody likes to play with cheaters or hackers in their online experiences, however the bans were applied to players only having modded the story mode of the game. Even the smallest game tweaks such as a Field-of-View (FOV) changer are reason for Rockstar to apply bans.

This outrage follows on another outrage caused by Valve when they started offering pay-mods for The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim through their game-platform Steam. A feature which was rolled back within a week of its release. Gabe Newell, Valve CEO, stated: "Pissing off the internet costs you a million bucks in just a couple of days". It might seem like Rockstar is actually killing their sales as well now in just a couple of days.

Rockstar has not yet responded on the outrage, but the following passage in their EULA seems to be clear as daylight:

You agree not to: [..] reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, display, perform, prepare derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the Software, in whole or in part.
    Their message is clear and they have started acting upon living along the lines of their EULA.

What do you think of the way Rockstar is fighting mods? Is it a shame that we will never see mods as good as in GTA IV? Were you planning on using mods or already using them?
    • Beer Beer x 3
  2. Andrew

Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

After the last patch, GTA 5 doesn't support Mod's anymore.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. I'm not getting GTA V then. Seriously, I was waiting for the price to drop a bit, but I'm gonna pass on it. DiRT Rally is too time consuming anyways;)
    • Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ricoow

420 Premium Member

Unfortunately not :(
    I was really looking forward to nice mods, ICEnhancer as well, maybe a few cars here and there. But all hope is gone :(
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

That's some surprising post-sale information lol. So the only benefit of having this game on the PC is now gone.

Firm kick in the nuts for those that have been patiently waiting for quite a while. Way to go Rockstar :speechless:
    • Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

I do agree with you Bram.

At the same time, when the game is not "split up" into two, one online and one offline. I can understand it.
  7. off topic to start the comment with:

first FIFA, now GTA , whats next..... F1?
  8. Rockstar, you just lost my money.......
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Kurei

Premium Member

I was basically done with GTA V back on PS3, so not a big personal-loss, but obviously no big mods - no funny a$$ mods to watch. (So far the chicken-body hijacks win).

Kinda why I'm glad most sim-racing titles more-or-less support mods, some more than others, but at least it's there and they don't throw hissy-fits. (Except for PD & GT hybrids online)
  10. this clausule is in many games, but yeah giving out bans is bit too much, this will definitely cost them,

it's a shame, LCPD mod was only reason I bought the GTA4 on PC again, after finishing the game on PS3 earlier

don't understand people crying about payware mods for skyrim though,
  11. Wow! I'm glad that my laziness saved me from a ban...
    Wanted to download a mod to run around as a deer (lol?), but decided it was too hard to press download...
    • Haha Haha x 7
  12. Ricoow

420 Premium Member

It is a crying shame, I mean, just look at the fantastic things the modders in GTA IV have achieved.
  13. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

14. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

The last GTA I will buy on PC, traditionally I have purchased it to play on console, then later also purchased the PC version so I could add the mods and mess around with it, I won't bother again.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Frank

Administrator Staff Premium Member

Well, that was a waste of money then. I bought it on xbone and than on pc just for mods :-(.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Thankfully I did not mind purchasing this game. Rockstar's definitely gonna lose more GTA community and fans because of these.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. R* demonstrating how to outdo Valve in the run up to this month's Anti-consumer Award.
    • Haha Haha x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. guess no s2000s this time in GTAV ...
  19. Some facts:
    We have always appreciated the creative efforts of the PC modding community and we still fondly remember the awesome zombie invasion mod and original GTA map mod for GTAIV PC among many other classics. To be clear, the modding policy in our license has not changed and is the same as for GTAIV. Recent updates to GTAV PC had an unintended effect of making unplayable certain single player modifications. This was not intentional, no one has been banned for using single player modifications, and you should not worry about being banned or being relegated to the cheater pool just for using single player PC mods. Our primary focus is on protecting GTA Online against modifications that could give players an unfair advantage, disrupt gameplay, or cause griefing. It also bears mentioning that because game mods are by definition unauthorized, they may be broken by technical updates, cause instability, or affect your game in other unforeseen ways.

• Beer Beer x 2
  20. Joel

#NR6 Premium Member

Mods keep games alive. No mods, well no happy people. Bye bye GTA V
    • Winner Winner x 1