1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GTA V heavy on memory?

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto V' started by Bram, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Not sure if I need to check if my PC is fully working as I run out of memory playing the first 30 minutes of the story line. Fingers crossed the savegame is still in tact :)

Is there a way to allocate more memory resources to the game?

2. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

Not sure, mine is still installing, 2 hours with those stupid discs :p

Anyways how many GBs have you got?

3. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

That is a very speedy "Herunterladung" my friend :o @Andrew

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. runs perfectly smooth on my end, no memory issues at all :)

6. Matyas Kone

Matyas Kone
    Matyas_k

7. No issues on mine, 16GB of system memory and 4GB of video memory.

8. Bram

Bram

6GB with a Geforce 770 vidcard

9. I wouldn't think that would be an issue however, GTA IV on the PC was well known to be a CPU hog. Not enough information yet on GTA V on PC to know if its the same yet but I suspect the CPU/memory will have at least some impact on performance as it did with GTA IV. Your video card should be fine though.

Are you using an Intel Nehalem CPU?

10. Bram

Bram

Got no idea to be honest :)

11. Older Intel I7 CPU? 2.4GHz range? Its just unusual to see 6GB of system memory unless its triple channel.

12. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Never thought to check RAM usage yesterday, but it's extreme on VRAM! I cannot max it out with my 980 SLI due to lack of VRAM. Saving up for TITAN SLI?

13. Andrew

Andrew

It is finally on my HD. Max vid settings. HD 7970 3gb. All good. Has somebody got a manual for me? Because I have dl it from Rockstar directly, there is no manual ava. Cheers, Andrew

14. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

What? O.o When I max my settings, I use 8100 mb VRAM! O.o

15. Andrew

Andrew

I am using the AMD Monitor program GPU Tweak from AMD itself. In there you can set the GC to *Gaming*. Well, the GC gets a bit hot....90 Celcius, but thats okay. Using 89 % of the vram. also I have installed the new Beta from AMD, espec. made for GTA 5.

16. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

Most AMD cards go in safe mode after 95C. I would recommend better cooling :)
    Mine never reached over 65C in full Battlefield Hardline action maxed out.

• Beer Beer x 1
  17. I don't always buy into that but it depends on the resolution you're playing at. A lot of games will cache as much video memory as you give them to use but doesn't mean they'll actually use that much memory. I believe Call of Duty Advanced Warfare was like that, using a video card with 8GB of memory, it would cache up to 7GB in video memory but the game never actually required that much video memory and ran just the same with 3GB of video memory. Unless you're running the game at 4K resolution with all of the bells and whistles, I just don't know that its using as much video memory as it might seem.

18. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

980 SLI :cautious: that means 2 980 cards :cautious:--and he cant Max it out :coffee: I have a 560 TI
    and a cant max it out either :D

19. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Well. With some tricks I managed to run on max settings and 1080p.
    But with just 30mb VRAM to spare. It's sliightly unstable. So went down on one setting. Everything is good! :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Frank

Frank
    Administrator Staff Premium Member

I can max it out on a single 290X. Anyway, I noticed the game is using around 7 GB of my RAM, so having more than 8GB is defenitly recommended :-P.