1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GT5 Seasonal Events

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Olly Chadwick, Mar 20, 2012.

1. While playing for the first time in ages the other day, I noticed that the 1 lap 650pp Nordschleife challenge was rather too easy :( I found it was comfortable to complete in my completely standard A4 DTM (Mattias Ekstrom's one) and even managed to get 1st with a standard F40. (Suppose all those hours spent on the Suzuka challenge in GT5 Prologue weren't wasted)
    It does make me think about the accuracy of PP.
    But anyway to my question, What cars have you found can cope with this 'Challenge'?

2. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock
    I'M BACK... Again :)

For me a BMW mclaren Race car, with PP it is a hit and miss system sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. A possible reason it was easy is because of the below standard pace of the ai

3. Exactly. The PP system is indeed a pretty poor and inaccurate way of comparing cars, but the poor AI is the main problem in offline events. They have enough trouble driving fast on normal tracks, let alone Nords.

4. I feel shamed of my self because I used the audi r10 and found it not easy but also not hard

5. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

The r10 is dead slow and handles really badly which may be the reason for finding it difficult, getting it to turn is one thing while giving it everything when going round nords is another

6. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

Just noticed a new seasonal event, a b-spec challenge. 3 lapss around the nurburgring nordschleife. 600pp GT500 cars with 260,000cr if you win along with a lvl 23 car ticket... well worth a shot i think

Edit: won 2 million :), for 1st you win 1 million as my login bonus was 200% 1 million got doubled :) the level 23 car ticket was a bounus.. mazda 787b :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

That's a good one, i haven't completed that seasonal event,m but it is a good car. Although i hope i don't get that one, i couldn't resist and i had to buy it some time ago :D

8. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

I've noticed that seasonal events know have a performance point bonus, the lower the pp of your car the more credits you win, also consider your login bounus as you could be finding a pot of gold at the end of every race.

9. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

in the other day i was completing those seasonal events and i've dobled the prizes with the daily bonus and the performace bonus

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

How is everyone doing with the performance points bonus

11. I've been using the Alfa DTM on the Supercar events, and it's almost quadrupled my earnings for a win :confused:

12. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

yesterday i did the first race of the supercar series with a standart super gt nsx, i didn't notice how much the bonus was, but it must have been big, because the car had 590 pp and the limit was 620

13. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

with the supercar festival you can a low pp race car and you will win loads

14. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

A new batch of seasonal events are available featuring Honda Civics' max of 415pp, any civics' that you guys recommend?

15. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

i haven't tried it yet, but maybe the race modified civic

16. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

I've been doing B-Spec endro's all day, later tonight I will see what the Race Modified Civic is like and I'll let you know. From past experience with Civics it could the Premium Type R 08, but if I remember correctly stock it's 415pp. But the Race Modified Civic is around 350, so there is a lot more room for extras :)

17. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

Tune it to 415pp and you'll be winning some easy credits :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

Anyone still getting some easy credits??

19. My biggest problem in the seasonal events is the nurb challenge with the lambo's tbh.
    Best I could do so far was 3rd place.

20. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

The Lambo seasonal is the only one I haven't tried, might give it a shot, what car have you been using?