GT5 GT5 Racing Club - Event Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, RD club racing events for GT5 is coming very soon. I’ve pinged some ideas I have off the site admins, and am expecting moderator privs over the GT5 forums very soon.

So here is what I had in mind.

In order to host private servers for licensed members only, my thoughts were to use the “My Lounge” event hosting through the community menu in GT Life. I’m not 100% certain, but I suspect the maximum number of drivers to be between 12-15 cars (based on the bandwidth of the host).

For the event settings we would use Grid start, and Grid order as Fastest First for race 1, then Reversed from Previous Race Results for race 2. Boost set to off obviously. Penalty set to none. Maximum length for race finish delay. Grip reduction and Mechanical Damage set to Real and Heavy. All aids will be turned off in Regulation settings.

[FONT=&quot]Club Racing Event Options.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So here are a few options I had in mind for club racing events.

Vehicle Selection: VW Golf V GTI '05, from Recommended Garage.
Track Selections: City Street Tracks. Such as Cote D'azur, Rome, London, etc.
Tire Restrictions: Up to Sport Soft.
Race Length: Target race length to be approx 20 minutes in length, adjust race laps to suite.
Race format: 2 x 20min races. Race 1 Grid to be based on "Fastest First", Race 2 Grid to be based on "Reversed from Prevous Race Results".
Practice/Qual: 20 Minutes.

**This would be the easiest option to set up, as it requires no purchase of a vehicle from participants and would require minimal effort to manage and setup restrictions.

Vehicle Selection: Japanese Production Cars, Premium cars only from New Dealership.
Restrictions: Limit HP to around 400HP, Minimum Weight to around 1300KG. (Still need to investigate further)
Track Selections: Tsukuba Circuit, Fuji Speedway, Grand Valley Speedway, Suzuka Circuit, Tokyo R246, etc.
Tire Restrictions: Up to Sport Soft.
Race Length: Target race length to be approx 20 minutes in length, adjust race laps to suite.
Race format: 2 x 20min races. Race 1 Grid to be based on "Fastest First", Race 2 Grid to be based on "Reversed from Prevous Race Results"

**Since there is no way to actually restrict car selection by country or premium type, this would need to be a bit of an honor system. The host could easily tell by looking at the Grid in the Lounge lobby to make sure people are conforming to the rules though. I think this would be a fun little series, it would open up peoples garage to cars that don't cost much to get into and would also open up the upgrades tuning options a little.

Vehicle Selection: Nascar, Premium cars only from New Dealership.
Restrictions: Nascar Only.
Track Selections: Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Oval), High Speed Ring, Daytona (Oval), Daytona International Speedway, etc.
Tire Restrictions: Up to Racing Soft.
Race Length: Target Race Length to be approx 30-40 minutes in length.
Race Format: 1 x 30-40min Race. With mandatory Pit Stop (4 tires), if Pit Lane is available on track selection. Grid to be based on "Fastest First"

**This raises the entry bar a little higher, Nascar purchase cost is 500k from dealerships.

Vehicle Selection: Super GT
Restrictions: (Still need to investigate, cars look very equal)
Track Selections: Tsukuba Circuit, Fuji Speedway, Grand Valley Speedway, Suzuka Circuit, Tokyo R246, etc.
Tire Restrictions: Up to Racing Soft.
Race Length: Target Race Length to be approx 30-40 minutes in length.
Race Format: 1 x 30-40min Race. Grid to be based on "Fastest First"

**The entry bar on this one is higher than Nascar. Cars from the New Dealerships cost just under 1 Million Credits. Again, cars are very equal at stock. Could be a blast![/FONT]

Really the possibilities are endless though. Muscle Car, Prototypes, Formula 1, Vintage, etc.

To get thing started though, I'd probably start small with the VW Golf and the Japanese Production Cars idea, then expand to the more advanced / expensive cars as popularity increased.

[FONT=&quot]Feedback / Discussion[/FONT]

What are your thoughts guys, and what do you want to see for club racing events?

To organize the events, we’ll use the same sign-up procedure as in the other sims.

I’m located in Canada, so will be racing the US based events. But I don’t see any reason why I couldn’t post events for you EU guys, then we’ll just have to select someone from the signup list to be the host that has a good connection.

Unfortunately the replay system is very limited, so I’m not sure how we’ll handle infractions and rankings also won’t come into play. I guess we’ll handle problems as they arise. Actually this whole thing will be a bit of a WIP.

I think GT5 has a lot of potential to be a really fun sim for club racing, so let’s give it a good shot!

I don't see why not, I know Saul Boucher is keen to do some events but if you'd like to post a night to meet up and have a few races go ahead.

Great, thanks a lot for the answer. :) I should have the time to set up an event or two soon. I'm wondering if I should wait for the next patch though, due to the current bug that disables the DFGTs ability to change settings mid-race. Its caused by playing on an online server with restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back