GT5 GT5 Online Connection Issues

I think it's widely known that PD's GT5 servers have been below par since day one. This has been particularly evident in recent weeks with complaints about connection problems and severe lag springing up all over the net. Other than raising the maximum number of simultaneous connections (ie, the number of players that can play online worldwide at any one time), PD seem to have done almost nothing to resolve these issues. I find this very odd given that GT5's limited singleplayer features mean that online play is essentially the be all and end all of the entire game, particularly for those that have owned it for more than a couple of months.

Anyway, to the point. There may not be anything we can do to fix their servers, but there are a number of 'solutions' out there to help reduce or eliminate any problems on our end. This thread is for storing those solutions in one easy to find thread so that those experiencing issues with RD events can give them a try.

If you have any information on potentially improving online connectivity and performance, please post it here and I will add it to the main list. Also feel free to ask questions about any of the solutions listed.

I noticed you had connection issues last night. My gripe at the moment is remote racing (BTW thanx v much Ross) - takes ages to load and sometimes freezes out altogether. All seems worse since spec 2.0.

The issues are all connected. Bad lobbies? GT5 servers. Slow/inoperative remote racing? GT5 servers. Extended loading times? GT5 servers. The game is constantly communicating with the servers whether you are using online features or not. That's why they need to get it sorted out once and for all... it's affecting everyone that plays the game unless they are disconnected from the internet.

The maintenance period is over. No noticeable improvement in server speed... still getting long periods of black screens, activity log won't load at all, and it still takes an age to load my B-Spec drivers. In other words, they've done absolutely nothing as far as I can tell.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%