GT5 GT5 DLC - Available Now

Polyphony Digital have released details of what the first downloadable content packs for GT5 will contain:

Course Pack (2 tracks, 5 layouts)

This DLC adds the new tracks to Gran Turismo 5. It contains SPA-Francorchamps (with weather effects) and Kart Space I/II (Normal and Reverse for each).
Release date: 18/10/2011
Price: £3.19

Racing Car Pack (15 Cars)

This DLC adds new cars to Gran Turismo 5. Includes the evolution model of the X2010 ultimate racing machine, the Red Bull X2011. There is also a lineup of specially tuned touring cars.
Price: £6.29

Racing Gear Pack (90 items)

This DLC adds outfit items to Gran Turismo 5. Contains helmets and suits of 8 famous WRC and NASCAR drivers, a set of 12helmets and suits. In addition there is the Gran Turismo Official helmet, and new items from Alpinestars and Simpson.
Price: £1.59

Paint Pack (100 colours)

This DLC adds paint items to Gran Turismo 5. From chic subdued tones to bright shining colours, there are 100 new colours according to 10 different themes. Find a unique colour for your favourite cars.
Price: £1.59

Complete Pack

This DLC contains the Racing Car Pack, Racing Gear Pack, Paint Pack, and Course Pack for Gran Turismo 5 with a special price.
For details on each content, please see the introduction page for each.
Price: £9.49

DLC Released - Important Info

The DLC is out now but there are a few things that people should be aware of:

1. You can buy the DLC via the PS Store but you will not get the the option to download immediately. You download it via GT5s new DLC menu. (Some people have accidentally bought it twice thinking the PS Store transaction failed.)

2. The DLC will only work for the account that purchased it. In other words, if you have a family all using the same PS3 on their own accounts, each person will have to buy the DLC individually.

3. You can only get the DLC cars once as they are not available through the dealership. If you apply permanent upgrades to them then you can never go back to stock.

4. As with all paint items, those in the DLC are one time use only.

An update from Kaz on multiple accounts and the car pack:

Kaz Yamauchi said:
Regarding the DLC usage for multiple accounts, we’re planning an another update for GT5 in December. In that update users who purchased cars and tracks from the DLC already can receive a free “family upgrade” in the PS Store which will let all users in the same PS console use the DLC. People who bought the DLC cars will have those cars added to the dealers in the December update. After this December update you can purchase a second car and so on from the dealer.

I have to be honest here... I'm not impressed. A year on and just two new tracks, and few cars, and more worthless pixel crack? Most of the cars are already in the game in some form, and do we really need any more Skylines?! I will probably buy the track pack simply because it contains Spa. The rest... no chance.

DLC - Important Notes

The DLC is out now but there are a few things that people should be aware of:

1. You can buy the DLC via the PS Store but you will not get the the option to download immediately. You download it via GT5s new DLC menu. (Some people have accidentally bought it twice thinking the PS Store transaction failed.)

2. The DLC will only work for the account that purchased it. In other words, if you have a family all using the same PS3 on their own accounts, each person will have to buy the DLC individually.

3. You can only get the DLC cars once as they are not available through the dealership. If you apply permanent upgrades to them then you can never go back to stock.

4. As with all paint items, those in the DLC are one time use only.

I have to be honest here... I'm not impressed. A year on and just two new tracks, and few cars, and more worthless pixel crack? Most of the cars are already in the game in some form, and do we really need any more Skylines?! I will probably buy the track pack simply because it contains Spa. The rest... no chance.

I have to admit to being in two minds about what parts of the DLC to buy and what to leave, but when it came to it I figured it was only the cost of a bottle of coke and a packet of fags for the lot and gave in to my completionist within.

I'm off work at the moment recovering from an illness, so I've had most of the day to explore it. A few first impressions:

I was a bit disappointed that the paints are one time use, but at £1.50 I couldn't even buy a pint of beer for the same price and the paints will probably last longer. Some of them are pretty cool though, and will make a nice finishing touch on some of my more ridiculously overtuned fun cars.

The racing suits and helmets are pretty cool, although between the AlpineStars white overalls and the pure white helmet there are a lot of bods online who look like The Stig now! Not me though, my girlfriend walked in as I was going through the kit and insisted on "pinking up" my driver. I'm well 'ard though so it's all good. Honest...

The cars are not actually that bad. I know that everyone was moaning about more Jap cars, but if it means that Touring Car races are no longer always the same 3 German cars then that can't be a bad thing.

Spa is fun, well recreated and I found myself in a surprise race there earlier. The lobby was listed as "Free Run" but the host started a race unannounced. There was a 600PP limit on the lobby, and most people were in the new tourers or souped up road cars, but there was me in a Ferrari 300 P4, and another chap in a Ford MK IV. We had a cracking battle for 5 laps, finishing up 5th & 6th but it was a fantastic first race on such a classic track.

Oh, and the karts. I had never even driven these things apart from the GT Special thing when I got the game but had possibly the most fun I've had so far with GT when I went into a karting lobby for a couple of hours this evening! I might have gotten lucky with a decent crowd but the Kart Space track is great fun and I had a blast with the 125cc machine.

Worth a tenner? Maybe or maybe not, I guess it's as much down to personal choice but I've had a great day playing with this lot!

I have to admit to being in two minds about what parts of the DLC to buy and what to leave, but when it came to it I figured it was only the cost of a bottle of coke and a packet of fags for the lot and gave in to my completionist within.

I do not base my opinion on what I can or cannot buy for the equivalent amount of money. I base it on whether I believe the content I am getting is worth the price I am paying, and in the case of the the GT5 DLCs I do not think that they are value for money. £10 is cheap if you have it, but when you are living on a shoe-string budget it's not. But then, even if I was wallowing in cash I still wouldn't bother with these as I do not believe in encouraging companies to do this kind of thing.

The majority of this DLC is worthless pixel crack which adds no value whatsoever to the game. Then you have fifteen cars, most of which are already in the game in some form. I don't care what country the cars are from, but new models that we do not already have would be worth the money... 'tuned' duplicates are not. Three tracks for £3.20 would be worth it if those tracks were proper racing tracks, but since two of them are minor variations of the same kart track (I hate karts) they are not.

This is of course just my preference/opinion. I'm glad you're enjoying it but it isn't for me. I reluctantly shelled out for the track pack simply to get Spa (ie, £5 for one track since that's the minimum amount you can add to your PS wallet), but that's it. PD can keep the rest.

Almost more of the same IMHO.
Why do I need 2000 helmets and suits? When I'm racing I really don't care about the suit and helmet that the lads in the cars around are using. And more, what? Only more four Skylines, please give us more 50 at least. Btw, there are in game for sure almost 100 touring cars. Ahhh... and maybe next DLC we can have more 3 or 4 Daihatsu Minica, because we have only a few right now, with FWD, AWD, with rear spoiler, without rear spoiler, with 60HP, with 61HP, with 62,5HP... with 4 doors, with 2 doors... with a 1.5 turbo bar, 1.6 turbo bar...
As I said elsewhere, GT5 could be a stunning power SIM game, unfortunately is not. Always seems to be unfinished and with nonsense features. SPA is very welcome tho.
However, I must add that I had lots of fun playing it and I still play with the RD members with joy.

Well i'm not upset at the fact my PS3 is broken nor do i have the urge to replace it right away. I'm not impressed with with the DLC packs as well. My opinion is i think PD could of released a better DLC pack than what they released, OK its cool that they released Spa but that could of been included in the game when it was released. Sorry guys but i'll stick with my other sims for now.

My opinion is sony network are are some dumb ignorant scam myself.
Example last week i had a email saying sorry for advertising the plus package with resident evil to be free was a mistake and will cost 10 pounds for that game.
So people must of got plus thinking they had that game as part of the package but were mistaken by there deliberate mistake.
Now theres this DLC problem where you cant share it with other accounts on your system.
Prety clear to me that there not stupid and these blunders that cost people money are deliberate and they pretend to play it dumb.
Dirty way to make money and this typ of thing should stop.

Sorry guys but i'll stick with my other sims for now.

Your decision to replace your PS3 and race with us was based on whether the DLC was any good or not? Hmm.

My opinion is sony network are are some dumb ignorant scam myself.

*snip*

Give me a break. We all know the gaming industry enjoys squeezing every last penny out of the gaming community, but that does not make it all scam. Your first example has nothing to do with GT5 and is completely unrelated to DLCs, so I will not address it.

As for the inability to share the DLC, yes, it is partly a money making tactic. But so what? I think it's stupid but it is not a scam... there is a blatant message within GT5 itself specifically stating that the DLC works on a per-account basis. If people are not bothering to read that before making their choice of whether to purchase or not, then that is their fault, not Sony's.

I see your point.
I dont have a problem with DLC it keeps the game alive.
Iit dont take away from the fact that they could of posted a message before the DLC was open.
as they have done now after they raked in plenty of cash knowing full well before hand what would happen.
It didnt happen to me but it could of.

You can stop with the conspiracy theories now, as they have been proved completely unfounded. (Surprise)

Kaz Yamauchi said:
Regarding the DLC usage for multiple accounts, we’re planning an another update for GT5 in December. In that update users who purchased cars and tracks from the DLC already can receive a free “family upgrade” in the PS Store which will let all users in the same PS console use the DLC. People who bought the DLC cars will have those cars added to the dealers in the December update. After this December update you can purchase a second car and so on from the dealer.

So there you go, they're fixing two of the main DLC complaints with the next patch. Good news for those with multiple accounts and those that bought the car pack. In addition:

Kaz Yamauchi said:
Next, don’t get your hopes up too high, but PDI is also readying a X-mas present for those who’ve already bought multiple DLCs.

Apparently people that have remained loyal and put up with twelve months of PDs sloppy handling of patches and the online servers don't deserve anything. Nice.

The cars and tracks were part of the Spec 2.0 patch. All you're getting when you 'buy' them is an unlock code. I'm not sure why PD have decided to allow non-DLC owners to join DLC track lobbies though, and even stay in them when the original host leaves. It doesn't particularly bother me, but there are plenty of people whining about the unfairness of it all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back