AC GT4 @ Red Bull ring GP - Thursday 31st of August 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I have a problem the break lights are not working, is this a post processing effect i have to activate?
thanks

As far as I know, Yes, it's working with the PP (post processing) effect.
(You can desactivate all the option under the PP section, if you are short on GPU/CPU)
And if you have some difficulties with the high contrast, I recommend this mod for better global picture.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/natural-graphics-mod.4551/
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/natural-graphics-mod.4551/
Cheers

Aren't there any mods or upcoming releases in the GT4 class? In real life and GT4 racing I believe there's a Ginetta GT4, Aston Martin GT4, BMW M4 GT4, also there's an KTM XBOW GT4. It should be a lot of fun when there are more cars to choose from. ;)

I wish we had more GT4 cars. Aside from those you have mentioned there are 570S, Camaro, Mustang, AMG as well as R8, very soon as well. There used to be Toyota too. So in real life this class has gained a lot of popularity, unfortunately in the game we really have only these 2 relevant cars. Maybe Toyota will come one day, or maybe not, of the cars that were confirmed by Kunos, everything else, I would love that, but we'll see.

I don't use mods mixed with official content, because they are never matched properly.

Very nice race guys! As I could see it was very clean and the overall skill level was awesome! Thanks everybody for that:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Not much to say about the first race, I started 9th and climbed slowly until I was behind @HO7DOG for a long time, eventually I passed him and he started to pressure me AF! I could defend my position and literally could feel his anger in the back :whistling: ( Thanks for that dude, very nice race from your part!)
Okey now lets come to the real ****... the second race was really great!
I started from the last position (which I like a lot, nothing to lose, everything to gain:sneaky:) and I overtook a lot of people trying to take the smartest racing line and taking advantage of everything. Had a nice battle with @Geof 'til he did a little mistake and I overtook him, I dont know why but since then he disappeared! I managed to finnish 2nd.
@BhZ Incredible pace, nobody was able to catch you man! Congrats:cool:
This was my highlight: https://clips.twitch.tv/FlirtyFantasticTruffleGingerPower
I hope that was still fair and I'm sorry @ionONE1 if I let you not enough space in corner 1, couldn't do more.
If anyone is interested in watching the entire session, here it is: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/171239257?t=35m27s
See you next time:)

This was my highlight: https://clips.twitch.tv/FlirtyFantasticTruffleGingerPower
I hope that was still fair and I'm sorry @ionONE1 if I let you not enough space in corner 1, couldn't do more.
If anyone is interested in watching the entire session, here it is: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/171239257?t=35m27s
See you next time:)
@W.Fox I got pushed into Bjorns car in the last corner and gave him space to rejoin the track.

Race 2 was to hectic and aggressive, felt like people were rejoining the track in dangerous fashion early on, cars wildly spinning resulting in 3-4 traffic jams, car parked for the entire race next to the track etc.

@W.Fox I got pushed into Bjorns car in the last corner and gave him space to rejoin the track.

Race 2 was to hectic and aggressive, felt like people were rejoining the track in dangerous fashion early on, cars wildly spinning resulting in 3-4 traffic jams, car parked for the entire race next to the track etc.
Yep I saw that and instantly took advantage. I was going to overtake both of you from the right side but I had someone close behind me blocking that path, so I took the risk and went between you and Björn :laugh:

@ionONE1: Sorry for pushing you off the track in the last corner. I was so absorbed, after the guy who spun in the second to last corner hit me by reentering the track in a very questionable manner, that I can't even tell you if my HeliCorsa was working correctly at that moment. Even after you bumped into me it took me some time to realize what was happening. That's why I slowed down a bit after turn one to let you pass. I'm really sorry.

@JoelK: Sorry for the erratic driving style. Your first bump in turn two was no big deal at all, nothing happened. The second one (no biggy for me as well) happened because I tapped @Lucas Gerlach or @Reik Major in front of me (big, big sorry for that, great save though) and slammed on the brake not to turn him around completely. I just hope it didn't damage your car too much.

@Geof, @Reik Major and @Lucas Gerlach: As calmly as Geof commented the Incident on TS, I'm really ashamed for that blackout. I got through turn one better than Geof and pulled to his right side (edit: it was the other way round, damn was I confused. I left him just enough room to the left (did I?) and knew I could go all in the second corner since Geof is always very aware of his surroundings. But then my brain misfired. Mislead by the different view angle, I misjudged the breaking point completely. I tried to pull to the right to avoid a collision but locked my front brakes and became a scared passenger on its way into two Maseratis battling for position. I'm very sorry for compromising the race of at least 3 guys, so close to the end of the race. I hope you will forgive me. I actually thought about not finishing the race after that incident, but it would have made no difference for the guys involved, so I finished the race with a really bad feeling.

I've had some great battles in both races, like the one with @W.Fox (glad you had as much fun as I had) but with all those mistakes it was one of my worst races ever.

THX for all the great racing and once again sorry for all the chaos and trouble I've caused.

Last edited:
@Geof and the 2 Maserati drivers I don't know yet (I'll add the names later): As calmly as Geof commented the Incident on TS, I'm really ashamed for that blackout. I got through turn one better than Geof and pulled to his right side, wondering about his mistake since he usually doesn't make a lot of them. I left him just enough room to the left (did I?) and knew I could go all in the second corner since Geof is always very aware of his surroundings. But then my brain misfired. Mislead by the different view angle, I misjudged the breaking point completely. I tried to pull to the right to avoid a collision but locked my front brakes and became a scared passenger on its way into two Maseratis battling for position. I'm very sorry for compromising the race of at least 3 guys, so close to the end of the race. I hope you will forgive me. I actually thought about not finishing the race after that incident, but it would have made no difference for the guys involved, so I finished the race with a really bad feeling.

I must admit that I was a bit chilling in the second race, and was not totally focused.
Then you came around and we had a good time until that second corner. I braked a bit early before the 100m panel, trying to prepare myself for a crossing line, but seeing you braking 50m later I tought I missed my breaking point... until you properly banzaï the two front car.:confused:
That was clearly a mistake, so for now, we can be sure you're human. :D
It happens, and you clearly didn't took any advantages. So... no problemo. :)

To all, sorry again for my rant before the second race. I maintain the idea, but it was not the place neither the way to express it. :redface:

@JoelK, good racing, mate!

@Eugene Abramoff , Thx for all you staff work!

To all, sorry again for my rant before the second race. I maintain the idea, but it was not the place neither the way to express it. :redface:

I still don't understand how the community government works, but I miss the reverse grid as well. I think it was a fun variation and made for some great races. Regarding your lost temper, I think I found it in the grass behind turn 3 (now 4, the downhill right hander) :roflmao:. Do you want it back? No worries mate, I think most of us are on your side and do understand your frustration.

Some drivers complained about the fact that The Man removed the reverse grid in other events as well. The tatuus had it, the porsche cup had it last time i partecipated and apparently the GT4 had it. Yesterday we had a random grid race by mistake and it didn't go bad at all in my opinion. I started in 7th or 8th place and the guys in front of me behaved quite well. Yes there have been some contacts, but it's normal since there are more battles than there would be in a normal race. I think we should create a poll here on RD to show that most of us, quick or not, want the reverse grid. I still remember when they announced the reverse grid on AC and everyone was very happy about it because it change completely the event and put the drivers in different situations compared to the classic races. We ask online features to kunos and then we don't use them...the irony...

Anyway, i must say @Eugene Abramoff did a great job reminding people to focus and be carefull during the first lap. People often focus on gaining positions at the beginning of a race and forget about safety. I think that reminder makes a difference in how people behave and it probably made the race a lot cleaner than it would have been.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 137 13.8%