AC GT4 @ Brands Hatch GP - Thursday 27th of July 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
great racing tonight. a couple of little taps on my bodywork but extremely respectful on the whole.
race 1 I finished p10 after messing up late on.
Race 2 I defended for my life early on trying to get that podium. i had the pace to catch the guys in front but with defending against Reik, i was slowing and making all kinds of mistakes. ended a respectable p4.

I know it was tight but I think by defending well in race 2, it bunches the fast guys up behind and makes for some nice racing.

thank you to the organisers and all the guys. I probably wont make the next few races as I'm away on holiday.

That was another well organised and fun night of racing. I qualified 15th and the first corner or Race 1 was clean and tidy, only 1 small nudge in the whole race, great clean racing. After a couple of cars ran wide I was running 12th and all on my own, my lap times were consistent which I was happy with, I can now look again at how I can find more time. One of the faster drivers eventually caught me 2 laps from the end, made a good clean pass, and I was happily sitting 13th.

Imagine my surprise when the result screen said I had finished 12th and would be starting from pole... I knew I didn't have the pace to run with the top 10 so it wasn't really where I wanted to be. The start was clean for me but I saw the action in the background. I think I managed 4 laps out in front before the inevitable and I was running 2nd for quite a while. With no damage on my car I managed to run about 0.5s faster laps so I was pleased with the improvement. First place was well ahead when 3 much faster cars approached in a pack. It was fun watching them line up the overtakes, sometimes lose a bit of grip and not make it stick. I did my best to keep to my own race and put up a fair fight, I just lifted a bit to allow the cars by once they were alongside. Apologies for the minor contact in Graham Hill bend, I was doing my best to keep it clean as you all closed in and pounced! I ended up 6th with @Eugene Abramoff closing fast.

Thanks again to Eugene for organising, creating an interesting race format and to all for welcoming in a new racer to RD.

hey guys...i noticed on server that auto clutch was not enabled (not sure if this was the same for the race or just on the practise server). I use auto clutch and auto blip with sequential settings so what is the impact of "no auto clutch"? Do you guys all use H-shifters?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back