AC GT3 @Zandvoort - Fri 12Jan18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Bart, we're happy to have you here.
The thing was, you were lapped, and your race was over while others were still racing.
It's the safest thing to quit to the pits when you cross the finish line, because things like that can happen.
No worries though, will be better next time!
Cheers mate!
Ouch! Most unfortunate. And I know I've certainly mis-read the server last-lap/race-over info and stopped racing one lap early a few times!

But I'm very confused about how the problem happened - a lapped car's race is over when it first crosses the line after the leader has taken the chequered flag. At that point, everyone behind the lapped car, regardless of which lap they are on, must also be finished as soon as they cross the line. So the lapped car couldn't clash with a car which is still racing unless it drove backwards or cut the track to catch up on cars way ahead (cars that were ahead of the leader on the lead lap, for example).
What am I missing?

I think Bart got confused by the race time counter reaching 0:00 which probably happened right before he completed his penultimate lap as he was a few seconds behind me and I started my last lap with 0:06 left on the clock. That's not when the race ends. The leader has to finish first and he (there are no ladies here, so I'm comfortable using gender-specific pronoun here) finishes when he completes his current lap after the timer has run out. People crossing the finish line after the leader has finished also finish their race (regardless of what lap they were on). I believe the game shows you checkered flag when you're done and white flag when you're on your last lap.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 164 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%