1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU Premium GT3 @ Watkins Glen Short - Tuesday July 26, 2016

Discussion in 'Project CARS Racing Club' started by Dennis, Jul 20, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 26-07-16
  1. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

[​IMG]
    GT3 is the pinnacle of GT racing with a huge variety of cars.

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join as a Premium Member
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name: RaceDepartment
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Cars:
    GT3
    Track: Watkins Glen Short
    Driving Aids: Realistic

Race 1
    Weather:
    Mixed
    Car: GT3
    Practice: 18:30 GMT (15 minutes)
    Qualifying: 18:45 GMT (15 minutes)
    Race: 19:00 GMT (15 minutes)

Race 2
    Weather:
    Mixed
    Car: Community choice
    Warm-up: 19:20 GMT (5 minutes)
    Race: 19:25 GMT (10 minutes)

Note: You do not need to own any DLC in order to participate, as it is possible to race cars and tracks that you don't own when playing online!

Join the RaceDepartment Steam group - it will make finding our server much easier :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  2. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

Entry List
    1. Dennis
    2. Kenny Paton
    3. Wicked
    4. Rodent
    5. DaddelJunkie
    6. Raúl López
    7. Reiche
    8. Mathias Nielsen
    9. jimortality
    10. Free slot
    11. Free slot
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  3. Hey, I'm new to racedepartment but i'm interested in having a go at this event and getting into more online racing.

Safe to say, little bit sick of the "bot logic" and need more of a challenge. :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Im in for this please.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

Hey Twitch,

welcome to RD :thumbsup: All you need in order to participate is a premium membership and to enter your real name in your profile :)

6. Wicked

Wicked
    #StanceNation Premium Member

I'm in, given we do race something else for the second race. DTM's or Group 5 or something else:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Can't you put him in as a Freemium trail member?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

Check the updated first post :thumbsup:

RD no longer hands out freemium memberships.

8. no longer able to do a free trial? tis a bit of a shame really :(

Last night there was mention of it, hence my interest. Keen to try but unsure where to put my interest as of yet.

9. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium Member

Oh snap, my replacement wheel arrived and now the Glen comes up? Sweet. Though I'm unsure if I'll be in town come tuesday, oh well, tentative sign up please Dennis?

As for race 2, group 5s or DTMs would be ok I guess, but I'd vote for the Ford Fusion Nascar seeing as they actually race'em there.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wicked

Wicked
    #StanceNation Premium Member

I can tell you I race each week with these guys since about March. Having tons of fun, made a bunch new friends.

And I personally only race in the pCars club so far, could join many others if I wanted too. Bargain for only 10 euro a year if you ask me.
    Thats the price of 4 beers which I drink in about 30min. And now I get to enjoy clean racing for a entire year. Definitely worth it if you ask me.

@DaddelJunkie Streams our Tuesday races over at Hitbox, so if you want to get a impression of the driving you could watch him race there.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  11. DaddelJunkie

DaddelJunkie
    Premium Member

sign me in

and @Wicked I'm now on Twitch XD

• Like Like x 2
  12. I'll have a watch of the stream and go from there i think, but you do make a good point, some good clean racing probably is worth the 10.
    Just looked at the time zone, complete blonde moment it seems. I'm in Adelaide, Australia. 18:30 gmt is about 4am here on the wednesday :(

Would you guys have any recommendations of league's more suited to this side of the world? If not, sorry about the waste of time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium Member

Here on RD it seems to be primarily Automobilista in your neck of the woods at the moment. I'm sure there's leagues to be found as I've seen quite a few Aussies and Kiwis ask the same question in the past. Think most of the racing is done via iRacing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Raúl López

Raúl López
    Premium Member

Sign me in :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'm in. I'll probably miss the first practice, but I should make it to the qualifying

• Like Like x 1
  16. Im in! #worsttaggingsystemeu

• Like Like x 1
  17. Any news on the cars for race 2?
    I'd love to race some trackday toys (KTM!).. No fan of the old Group 5s/DTMs, I'd prefer the Supercars or Indies then...

18. I'll be up for some road cars!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium Member

Still think we should rock the Fusion, but I'm down for anything really.

20. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

We will decide what to race spontaneously after the first race :thumbsup: Personally I think the layout would be well suited for some of the really old cars like the Aston Martin DBR1 or the Ford GT40 Mk IV and Lotus Type 40:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]