AC GT3 @ Spa-Francorchamps - Wednesday October 14th 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Wish I had. :)
I'll tweak around with the FFB settings in the coming days. Right now it's just far too different from the hours of VEC practice I'm doing with the rF2 URD Viper.

Slower cars like the cinquecento are alright. The GT3's are just not refined enough. It would be fine for a track like Monza but Spa has a bit too many gravel traps for my liking.
Track grip was around 93-94% thru the entire first race weekend. Stupid random factor :p Everybody struggled but it was close though

Well that was a short event, apologies to Lorenzo, I honestly don't know where he came from, I was checking my mirrors and looking behind me into turn one and there was no-one there.

My suspension was damaged so I was out of that one.

Then for race two I had terrible noise through my headphones and I couldn't hear anything. Thought it was the game and then when I closed down teamspeak it stopped but didn't have time to restart everything again.

A real shame as I love driving the cars as well.

Well done to the podium finishers.

Well, I was surprised I was able to challenge Huracan with Glickenhaus:confused:. And in first race almost beat all of them:).

@SakL if I had been just a little bit closer in that last chicane I would have done Kimi dive:roflmao: I waited so much for that, so I can replicate what Kimi did:sneaky:. Well, perhaps without pushing you out of the track:whistling:

Ricardo, thx for server and congratulation for both podium and the racers who finished the race. I`m come home 20 min before race is start. From 4 ours rainy drive (350km) directly to AC. With grip like in my Citroen in my rainy path :ninja:.

Crap, had to go during the second race, something came up here :(
Was close in the Top 3 chasing @Geof and @SakL, finally having found the flow, untill I screwed up the Busstop chicane in Race 2 and spun out. 2 laps later I got distracted when somebody came into my room and I had to go, sorry to the guy behind me if my spinning around hindered him!

Race one was much better, Q in 7th, finished 3rd :) Had a good time keeping @SakL behind me, who seemingly caught the pace on a slippery track when the race was nearing its end. In the final lap caught @Geof who unfortunately made a mistake. Caught him after blanchimont with a 30k speed difference which caused a real close call. Outbraked him around the outside into the chicane to get third :)

Racing is so much more difficult than hotlaping or qualifying :confused: I'm focusing too much of the car ahead of me than driving my own race. Bad start then 5-6 decent laps close to some one's bumber but then suddenly spin and crash to the wall :cry::thumbsdown:

I think grip settings favor Glickenhaus more and cornering was better with it but good race just need to practice more racing and try to be more stable at the whole race :roflmao:

Racing is so much more difficult than hotlaping or qualifying :confused: I'm focusing too much of the car ahead of me than driving my own race. Bad start then 5-6 decent laps close to some one's bumber but then suddenly spin and crash to the wall :cry::thumbsdown:

I think grip settings favor Glickenhaus more and cornering was better with it but good race just need to practice more racing and try to be more stable at the whole race :roflmao:
Therefore the general wisdom says: Getting behind one is easy, getting past one is a lot harder.
You have to take so much more into consideration than just the right lines.
The results file I am about to upload tell it all: Best Quali lap: 2:19.6. Best race 1 lap: 2:22.0

It took me a while as well to get used to driving an entire race without error and even then you occasionally make mistakes which are race ending...

Driving the Z4 was like driving a manor in F1, lot of fun on the straights :speechless: Anyway happy with my performance overall, not a single major mistake in either of the races, could pull up a decent qualify lap and so on.. had some good battles too, had to defend constantly:sneaky: Congrats on the podiums.

Got some good experience in the race. Things didn't turn out as well as I wanted, but was a good time. Qualifying was a disaster. Had a good first run and of course, spun out on the ending chicane. Second stint ended up spinning out again on the back part of the track....didn't have a try for a third run.

In R1 was going decently, a little mistake here and there and then got a run on @Deathrund at Blanchimont. I went left, he went left we touched and I was amazed that neither of us were totally wiped out. Unfortunately that little bit of damage caused me understeer for the rest of the race. On the final lap, I had a chance going into the chicane to overtake @Olivier Boissel. He bobbled in the middle of the chicane, and I went for the apex, but he recovered a lot better than I thought he would and we hit. Tried to let him get back by, but I keep forgetting the S/F line is up closer than the big banner.

Second race was OK, but I caught the inside curb at Campus and it spun me into the wall....again had to fight understeer to the finish.

Got some good experience in the race. Things didn't turn out as well as I wanted, but was a good time. Qualifying was a disaster. Had a good first run and of course, spun out on the ending chicane. Second stint ended up spinning out again on the back part of the track....didn't have a try for a third run.

In R1 was going decently, a little mistake here and there and then got a run on @Deathrund at Blanchimont. I went left, he went left we touched and I was amazed that neither of us were totally wiped out. Unfortunately that little bit of damage caused me understeer for the rest of the race. On the final lap, I had a chance going into the chicane to overtake @Olivier Boissel. He bobbled in the middle of the chicane, and I went for the apex, but he recovered a lot better than I thought he would and we hit. Tried to let him get back by, but I keep forgetting the S/F line is up closer than the big banner.

Second race was OK, but I caught the inside curb at Campus and it spun me into the wall....again had to fight understeer to the finish.

Oh wow, yeah that was the small contact I had in Race 1, don't think I got any damage from it, or at most a really minor scratch. Sorry about that, didn't know it affected your whole race :(

@Deathrund not your fault at all :). I probably should have checked up and tried to get you later on. Just a little disappointed that such a minor touch would cause as much damage though.

It's alive!!! :D
Finally i managed to get it worked. When i chose the "force 32bit" option it worked. I don't know the exact problem but it's ok for now. See you next race, hopefully.

b4cowz.jpg

Track grip was around 93-94% thru the entire first race weekend. Stupid random factor :p Everybody struggled but it was close though
I really don't care about the grip levels. Give me a wet track with slicks and I'll finish the race. I just don't have the feeling like I'm driving the GT3 cars. Like I said, I'll spent some time with the ffb settings.

Hi,

Race's were a little bit boring from my side :sleep: except at start and finish.
I had a lot of understeer and didn't thought good feeling, I don't know why but it was better in private session two days before the event .

One good moment in R2 at the end of the race when laps after laps I could catch up Marjan Koderman

Grats to the winner and podium, thanks @Ricardo for the organisation.

See you on next event ;)

I admit that I haven't been a big fan of low grip conditions before, but with this new tyre model it's actually pretty good. I think more than 98% is unrealistic.

And in low grip situations driving skills and tyre managment is more important.

Hi guys,

I am having a horrid time with the Huracan, and i really have no experience with setups. Would anyone be so kind as to share a setup from the race last night?

Ta

Hi guys,

I am having a horrid time with the Huracan, and i really have no experience with setups. Would anyone be so kind as to share a setup from the race last night?

Ta

I actually found the default setup ok, I know I didn't do any laps in the races, but I did a couple of hours of practise on Monday night. Managed 2:21's admittedly not the quickest but respectable, this was using the "perfect practice" conditions though (98% grip?) Like most have mentioned the car was having a tendency to slide and understeer with the lower grip of the server. I was trying to resist making any changes until I'd learnt the car properly.

The best place to look is the Setups pages for each sim, I've almost always managed to grab a decent setup to start with from there :thumbsup:

At least they were more fun than the Touring Car's in GSCE, those are driving me to despair, lol :laugh:

Quali was ok sort of, though the gap to the front was huge.

Race 1 start was the worst I had in a while, dropping from 8th to 13th/14th. Short 4-way battle with @Fred Locklear, @Deathrund and @monsieurjackb. Slight contact with Teemu going side by side down to Eau Rouge, hope you didn't get much damage there. Rest of the race was trying to close the gap to Fred, didn't work though as we had the same pace. Only got him in the final chicane as he and Olivier crashed.

Race 2 start wasn't much better, almost spun acceleration out of Busstop. Somehow managed to lose only 1 place. Gained a few places due to others making mistakes. Only real battle I had was with @Ricardo until he spun off (didn't hinder me btw ;)). Best laps kind of indicate that, 5th with ~1s gaps to both 4th and 6th.

Think I'll only use the Huracan from now on (especially on tracks like Spa), unless there's ballast applied there's no real point taking any other car given the enormous pace difference.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back