• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

GT3 simtek mod - Overheating.

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by VernWozza, Feb 20, 2017.

1. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +82
    Hi. I'm trying out the simtek GT3 mod and I am having a problem trying to keep the engine of the cars cool.

I couldn't see a radiator size in the set up menu and I am short shifting but to no avail. Any help much appreciated.

2. Ace King

Ace King

Ratings:
    +78
    Go into your garage menu and click on the "general" tab and near the bottom you will see your "engine cooling" settings. Full cooling would be your best choice but can be lowered for very short races and qualify!

3. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +82
    Hi, thanks for the reply. Yeah that option is already on "full" and still having the same problem...

4. Ace King

Ace King

Ratings:
    +78
    I use the Mclaren and never experienced over heating in my races up to 20 laps!

Which car make are you using and how many laps do you need to run to show over heating issues?

5. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +82
    Funnily enough it is the McLaren I am using. Only a lap or two before it starts overheating.

6. Keith Dixon

Keith Dixon

Ratings:
    +162
    What engine mixture are you using?

7. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +82
    Hi. I just checked the set up screen, it says: "Engine mixture = 0" And I can't change it.

8. Keith Dixon

Keith Dixon

Ratings:
    +162
    I did wonder if the Mclaren had a mixture setting, I tested the BMW earlier and that had a bunch of different mixtures, I downloaded the Mclaren to have a look and ran a quick 5 laps at Matsusuka without issue, average temps high 80's to low 90's, are you running high track temp?

9. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +82
    Not particularly. My average temp is around 110-115! I have tried decreasing the rev limiter but same issue.

10. Keith Dixon

Keith Dixon

Ratings:
    +162
    Strange one, can't really say without seeing whats going on

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ace King

Ace King

Ratings:
    +78
    You might want to delete your "player folder" then after you startup rF it will make a new one. (Make a backup) You will then need to make a new profile.
    I read that sometimes these files can get corrupted after new builds and cause issues and even affect the ai. Might be worth to try this since both Keith and i don't experience your problem!

Note:
    If your at a dead end and tried everything then i would uninstall SDK World Series GT3 and reinstall. Backup any car setups, car mods, (except SDK mod as it might be corrupted) tracks and your player folder.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  12. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +82
    Ok will keep tinkering for a bit and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for the advice though guys.

13. Noel Attard

Noel Attard

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have a good basic and stable setup for Mc Laren GT3 Simtec mod please???

14. AmarildoJr

AmarildoJr

Ratings:
    +19
    Interesting, I started racing with Simtek's GT3 several weeks ago and never had any engine problems as well.

Could you record a video for us, since the moment rFactor 2 opens up, then you configuring the race, etc, and then doing 2 laps?

The only thing I noticed is that their tyres don't heat up properly, but the mod creator already said he was waiting for S397's 650S to come out so he could work on this tyres, so right now his tyre model isn't finished.