AC GT3 @ Silverstone - Sunday 8 June 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Another great race. If I just keep it on the track, I can be kinda competitive. Looking at my lap times, I lost like 33 seconds because I had two bad offs and one penalty off.

It went better than I thought I was going to do because I hadn't did the car/track combo in a couple of months and totally forgot how to handle copse and maggots/becketts. If I could have knocked out one of my goofs, I may have been battling with Saleem and Michael....next time :).

Saleem Here is a link to my telemetry file for what its worth!

Another great race. If I just keep it on the track, I can be kinda competitive. Looking at my lap times, I lost like 33 seconds because I had two bad offs and one penalty off.

It went better than I thought I was going to do because I hadn't did the car/track combo in a couple of months and totally forgot how to handle copse and maggots/becketts. If I could have knocked out one of my goofs, I may have been battling with Saleem and Michael....next time :).

Saleem Here is a link to my telemetry file for what its worth!

If you were up there with me we would have had an amazing battle. I just got done looking at our lap times in Race Studio 2 and we were doing the same lap times for the most part. I put them up at the same time and we even drive the same.

Its so freaking amazing that I am over here looking at our race telemetry!

What a great time, I haven't spent 4 hrs talking to people online since, uh, never.
Great crew really enjoyed it and thanks for your patience. I will get faster, its almost impossible not to. Ha

I can't sleep! I so want to do this race again. Just like all the ones before. I'm leaning a ton about how to race against other people and work on being more consistent.

I think we have been doing a great job on the starts. Our fields are smaller but no one tries to pull turn one heroics and allows for everyone to have room and get into the groove of the race.

Also the communication between all of us has been a joy. Just a very enjoyable experience as usual!

I don't want to speak for anyone, but for me the hards were the right choice.
I was hearing a couple of guys saying the Mediums were starting to go off after 13 laps. My hards didn't drop to 99% until lap 19/20.

At tracks like Silverstone and Mugello, where the tyres are subject to extreme loading due to the high speed corners, the hards are the way to go, especially if the race is 20 laps or more. But it is definitely possible to gamble on the mediums, you'll just need to nurse them a bit.

@Connor Greyser which car were you running? I can't remember who had the z4.

@Chris Stacey thanks so much for sharing that file! Just got done analyzing it for maybe the past half hour and I learned a ton.

First I didn't change my gearing ratio which cost me a lot. Did you run shorter gears because that what it looks like.

Second I'm not putting enough lock when I turn which is costing me a bunch of time also.

Third I need to get a better flow through Maggotts and Becketts. I am about to do a few laps in a few minutes to see if I can improve my time from the new information I have. LOL

Sim racing is by far the best gaming hobby out there!

@Connor Greyser which car were you running? I can't remember who had the z4.

@Chris Stacey thanks so much for sharing that file! Just got done analyzing it for maybe the past half hour and I learned a ton.

First I didn't change my gearing ratio which cost me a lot. Did you run shorter gears because that what it looks like.

Second I'm not putting enough lock when I turn which is costing me a bunch of time also.

Third I need to get a better flow through Maggotts and Becketts. I am about to do a few laps in a few minutes to see if I can improve my time from the new information I have. LOL

Sim racing is by far the best gaming hobby out there!
Ashley was running the z4.

I think most of us were running shorter gears? Well i was anyway, if you want I can upload my settings I can but I wouldn't call them perfect.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%