1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU Premium GT3 @ Silverstone GP - Wednesday September 23, 2015

Discussion in 'Project CARS Racing Club' started by Dennis, Sep 18, 2015.

Added to Calendar: 23-09-15
  1. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

[​IMG]
    GT3 is the pinnacle of GT racing with a huge variety of cars. Expect mixed weather!

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name: RaceDepartment
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Cars:
    GT3
    Track: Silverstone GP

Weather: Mixed (2 slots: Dry/Light rain)
    Practice: 18:00 GMT (30 minutes)
    Qualifying: 18:30 GMT (30 minutes)
    Warm-Up: 19:00 GMT (5 minutes)
    Race: 19:05 GMT (30 laps)

Please follow the instructions in the Known Multiplayer Issues & Workarounds post if you cannot find the server or encounter other problems

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  2. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

Entry List
    1. Dennis
    2. DaddelJunkie
    3. monsieurjackb
    4. Mathias Nielsen
    5. Otune
    6. Vaughn Stegeman
    7. Hedsup
    8. Quentis Gillispie
    9. PaulH
    10. Free slot
    11. Free slot
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

4. DaddelJunkie

DaddelJunkie
    Premium Member

I'm in too (try my best for my Community)

5. monsieurjackb

monsieurjackb
    Premium Member

Thanks for the tag Dennis, especially since I haven't raced project cars online since Bram's Clio cup races. I haven't touched Pcars for weeks, months even but will try it again maybe tonight and if it feels alright and I'm free wednesday then I'll sign in for it :D

Either way, will let you all know as soon as I know,

Cheers!

6. Im in!

7. Otune

Otune
    Premium Member

I'm in :thumbsup:

8. I'm not 100% positive I can make it tomorrow, but please sign me up. GT cars are my favorite classes overall :D

9. Sign me up :D

10. Quentis Gillispie

Quentis Gillispie
    Premium Member

Sign me up

11. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium Member

Sign me up plz :thumbsup:

12. OH! Question: Are we supposed to be using only default setups for these races?
    Someone on Teamspeak yesterday was talking about this. Indeed, yesterday I had spent a couple hours tweaking the setup of the Ginetta G40.
    I could understand default setups for a single-make race, sure (to a degree -- equalization)
    On the other hand, no two people have the same driving style, and car setup is pretty important to get the car handling to suit each driver.
    Thanks!

13. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

At least that was the plan :D The new 'Force Default Setups' option was enabled yesterday, however it seems to be bugged, so you could still change everything.
    Since it makes no sense to enforce this on a goodwill basis, you may change all setup parameters possible :thumbsup:

My plan for the future is to use default setups for all club events though. Club races are casual races where you should be able to jump in without prior practice (or setup tweaking) and still be competitive.

But I'm also always open for suggestions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. yeah. force default setups is bugged. it's a known issue.
    fair enuf tho. I tuned the Ginetta yesterday cuz I was getting some horrible snap oversteer due to my driving style.
    I'd prefer being able to tune the setups, but I also understand forcing default setups. :D

15. I like the force default setups but in some way i also like to be able to change the car so it fits me better.

16. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

Lobby is up!

17. Had to bail on this one guys, sorry. I just wasn't even remotely close to being able to hang with y'all. I was over 20 seconds behind the quals leader. At that rate, I would have been lapped by everyone within 5 or 6 laps, and that's really just no fun. :redface:
    I just can't get the hang of Silverstone in any of its layouts. It's one of my least favorite tracks really. It's a tough one. I'm horribly inconsistent here. My lap times were all over the place.
    I tried to hang in there during quals on my soft slicks after it started sprinkling, and that wasn't too bad. But as the track got wetter and wetter, and it got too late to change my tires to intermediates, I just couldn't keep the car on the track anymore.

18. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

What an awesome race :) Had a battle with @Mathias Nielsen throughout the entire 60 minutes!

@Otune Congrats on winning the premium membership. Just let me know to which non-premium member you want to give the membership to :thumbsup:

19. Otune

Otune
    Premium Member

Thanks, but I have no idea who to give it to! Perhaps @DaddelJunkie has a stream viewer that would like it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. DaddelJunkie

DaddelJunkie
    Premium Member

oh really? Thx mate ya sure would love to gif it for a viewer...i would tell ya later today or so

• Like Like x 1