rF2 GT3 @ Silverstone - Friday October 21st 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sorry guys but I have to withdraw from this race. Even with 5 AIs I have about 20-30 FPS only. Probably with about 15 cars online it'll be the same or even worse. During night race in Abu Zabi game was quite smooth so I thought here will be too. But it unfortunately doesn't. So good luck everyone and see you next week :)

How is the start going to work? We do a formation lap and then pull into our grid spots? Or are we doing a standing start, then a formation lap and accelerating out of the last corner?

Would be quite interesting to race in the night, but I think I don't have the standard Northamptonshire track in my location folder and would have to re-download it first, dunno where from atm.

Wow, I like this mod:) WSS should use this instead of that DTM crap lol.

Had no practice(Did not sign-up as I had to install quickly, but managed 2nd place on the grid. Going for a 1 stopper was wrong though, no-one else upfront made one. But I liked driving the Deletraz-Audi around the track. Drove some laps behind Felix when he made a mistake, then spun and raced with Mohan until I pitted.

Tut tut about night racing, somebody has probably forgotten to do that.

Was a good race, i dont expect to run well without prative ,just few changes on suspention, its very easy when you drive F1 cars, Madore cutted the track a lot times, everytime i lok back i was seeing him running out side of the track , and He catch me becouse i follow the rulers,,and dont cut the track or miss the perfect line ,and keeping with full gas.
A real pilot follow the rules,but i can expect everybody follow this, ( but i hope) and if i lose the front a little (what was what happended there ,you should to slowdown your car and let me get close to you) i am not saying you need to let me pass you , what on that case i think you should( i could let you pass me if i hit you)Understand one thing , if you crash anyone and make that person spin you should wait.
About the race the race was good.I just hate when its hard to pass and the peaple prefer to play unfair.( as i said , i could wait to you if I made you spin).

Well, considering that I only downloaded the mod an hour before the start time, I throughly enjoyed the race tonight, wasn't sure what car to go for so I went for the Aston since i've done plenty of miles in the GT1 version on Enduracers, that and I like it. Few tweaks to the default setup and I found that she was a joy to drive, I may not have had the outright pace of some others but the car handled buetifully, and when it did break loose I was easily able to catch it and keep it pointing the right way.

only did one hotlap in quali I never really bother with a quali setup I just put less fuel in the race set. ended up 8th with a low 2:11

Got a clean start and made it up to 6th at the end of lap 1 then seesawed between 5th and 7th as other cars fell away or caught up.
the tires held up quite well, and I didn't fell any real loss of grip, my laps got faster as the race went on as the fuel burned away and i got more comfortable with the car, in the end I did a low 2:10, which i was happy with.

In the end I had a very nice steady drive, brought the car home safely in one piece with no spins or major offs in 6th place and just on the lead lap (thanks to Felix for letting me go on the last lap) which I was more then happy with

Thanks to everyone for racing, was a great way to get back into RD after being away for a while.

Was a good race, i dont expect to run well without prative ,just few changes on suspention, its very easy when you drive F1 cars, Madore cutted the track a lot times, everytime i lok back i was seeing him running out side of the track , and He catch me becouse i follow the rulers,,and dont cut the track or miss the perfect line ,and keeping with full gas.
A real pilot follow the rules,but i can expect everybody follow this, ( but i hope) and if i lose the front a little (what was what happended there ,you should to slowdown your car and let me get close to you) i am not saying you need to let me pass you , what on that case i think you should( i could let you pass me if i hit you)Understand one thing , if you crash anyone and make that person spin you should wait.
About the race the race was good.I just hate when its hard to pass and the peaple prefer to play unfair.( as i said , i could wait to you if I made you spin).

I am not going to argue with you Mohan, but when over the white lines, it wasn't to gain time. 95% of any going over the lines was the result of me saving the beginning of a slide. Also, going back and watching, you were guilty yourself of that... As for the *bump* I gave you, in no way was I at fault there. If you actually go back and view that replay, which I did and I am encoding a video to upload as I type this, you will see what actually happened. I was on the outside going into the corner, you were on the inside. I purposely gave you plenty of room (4+ car widths) to make the corner. Instead, you lock up your brakes, lose the back end, and slide right into my line less than a quarter car length in front of me. If I missed my braking point and bumped you, it would be a different story. If it was your own blatant mistake, why would I give you your position back?

Anyway, as for a race report.

Qual: My qual time was very poor. Never did a clean lap and started back in 7th.

Race: First lap was interesting. I do not know if anyone else experience some warping, but a few cars were all over the place for me. Early in lap one I dodge a warping car (on my screen at least) and ended up losing it. From this point, I had a TON of ground to make up. I had a bunch of great battles along the way. Every one of which was clean. Thanks to everyone for that! Anyway, ended up making it all the way back up to behind 3rd and 2nd. To my surprise, 3rd pit and now all I had to do was catch 2nd. Mohan had good pace and I knew it would be difficult to catch up, let alone make a pass. By this time my tires were down to red wear all around. I had to fight the car just to keep from losing it. I did cross the white lines a few times but I wasn't making up any time when this happened. I was actually losing time. As the fuel lightened and I got more comfortable, the lap times came down a bit which helped me catch up. When I finally caught up to Mohan enough to make a pass, the above paragraph happened. Again, Mohan, I would have given you the position back if I was actually at some form of fault.

In the end I was able to caress the BMW to the finish line. It was a great race and I look forward to next week.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%