AC GT3 @ Red Bull Ring - Friday May 19th 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Guys great race tonight. Amazing pace at the front.
I thank you for making a nice size grid and I hope we can continue to grow it for everyone's enjoyment.
Special thanks to the guys from countries other than the US. Without you we would be reduced to a very small field. I know the US guys really appreciate it as well.
Have a great day/night. Cheers

It was a great race guys - thanks everyone for joining and good track action!
Unluckily I pushed too hard during the first laps and spun at the last corner early in the race, with someone close behind me having no chance to avoid me - I am sorry of that.
It was great fun though getting back - somehow today the Porsche and this track aligned just perfectly. Maybe it was the gloomy, dark weather at the A1 ring (which looked absoluytely amazing, seeing the car's headlights in the mirrors).

The three extra-terrestrials up front were just out of this world again - but now we all know - they are cheating us all in the practice session with soft tires ;-)

It was a great race guys - thanks everyone for joining and good track action!
Unluckily I pushed too hard during the first laps and spun at the last corner early in the race, with someone close behind me having no chance to avoid me - I am sorry of that.
It was great fun though getting back - somehow today the Porsche and this track aligned just perfectly. Maybe it was the gloomy, dark weather at the A1 ring (which looked absoluytely amazing, seeing the car's headlights in the mirrors).

The three extra-terrestrials up front were just out of this world again - but now we all know - they are cheating us all in the practice session with soft tires ;-)

Try this tire app!
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/protyres.14030
Perfect tool to adjust tire pressure and instantly tells you how many laps the tires will last.

Thanks Florian, I will have to have a much closer look at what the tires are doing - will try if that app works for me - I have usual big issues with the apps in AC - many of them have a very negative effect on FPS here, cutting frames in half and worse :-(
I hope Kunos at some point will implement multi page dashboards and will support tire temps within the dashboards of the cars cockpits that have it - some modern GT3 cars should but currently there is no support for this :-(

Lots of active apps kill FPS too for me, but having some tires app is essential. Without that it is hard to tell if you're running correct hot pressures (26psi for GT cars), how good your temps are and how the tires are wearing down. E.g. if you see your rear tires being worn and having much less grip than the front ones you might want to dial that brake bias front a bit and be aware of car being more oversteery. You would feel that yourself without and app too, but sometimes it will be too late when you find yourself facing a wrong direction :confused:.
I use built-in tires app, it has everything I need and hopefully is less of a CPU hog than any other python app. Most handling problems come not when the grip is low (red wear bar means 95-96% grip which is still quite a lot), but when the difference between front and rear is big (due to uneven wear or overheating) because it dramatically changes the balance of the car.

Lots of active apps kill FPS too for me, but having some tires app is essential. Without that it is hard to tell if you're running correct hot pressures (26psi for GT cars), how good your temps are and how the tires are wearing down. E.g. if you see your rear tires being worn and having much less grip than the front ones you might want to dial that brake bias front a bit and be aware of car being more oversteery. You would feel that yourself without and app too, but sometimes it will be too late when you find yourself facing a wrong direction :confused:.
I use built-in tires app, it has everything I need and hopefully is less of a CPU hog than any other python app. Most handling problems come not when the grip is low (red wear bar means 95-96% grip which is still quite a lot), but when the difference between front and rear is big (due to uneven wear or overheating) because it dramatically changes the balance of the car.
Dimitry couldn't agree more. Without the knowledge of, forgive me:D, knowing where the rubber meets the road and the numbers that you get, you are kind of cheating yourself of a simple yet priceless setup option that everyone should be able to get correct.

Thanks Florian, I will have to have a much closer look at what the tires are doing - will try if that app works for me - I have usual big issues with the apps in AC - many of them have a very negative effect on FPS here, cutting frames in half and worse :-(
I hope Kunos at some point will implement multi page dashboards and will support tire temps within the dashboards of the cars cockpits that have it - some modern GT3 cars should but currently there is no support for this :-(
Dirk I would recommend using a tire app during the first part of practice to get your tire temps correct and then you can just hide it. The ambient air temp and sun affect the track temp and in turn the tires. I know, elementary, but since they have the biggest influence on tires. Once you get this set, your tire temps won't deviate to much even if you make suspension changes. Changing suspension settings will have an effect on the tires so when you make a change just enable the app again to confirm you're still running in that "sweet spot" then turn it off again.

I don't know if you can map a keyboard or button to hide the apps, but it would be well worth investigating.

tried the tire app - no dice here :-( the moment the app is up, frames drop to a slide show :-(

A new app, just showing inner | mid | outer temps on all 4 tires during the session with any of the fancy stuff would be very much appreciated (like the different MoTeC page displays used to show already in GTR many, mnay years ago (and you cant argue, at least some oftodays current GT3 racers do have that feature at least with core temps).

... but I always get my tir temps the old fashioned way, you know, breaking out that thermometer in the pits right after a few laps ;-)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 362 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 503 39.0%