AC GT3 Race @ Spa Franchorchamps - Friday, July 7th 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Got it. I'll do eeeerrrm the Nissan so that @demetri has a chance. :laugh:
That was some freaky fast Nissan haunting me almost the whole race :rolleyes:. I apologize if those couple of defensive moves when you got me after my nearly fatal mistake in Pouhon with 5 laps to go were too aggressive. Though the first one actually was me catching the loose rear end after we barely touched in T13, if not for that I wouldn't haven gone that wide there leaving no place for you on the outside.The one after Blanchimont I'm not really sure whether it was legal or not as I clearly didn't leave you the whole car width to the white line, but the major part of your car was already outside that line anyway while you were trying to go around. I think I probably should've moved closer to the inside, again, sorry for that.:cautious:
Can you tell me what happened on the start? I thought you were giving us a bit of a handicap for more fun down in the race, but on the replay I could see you going pedal to the metal and still the mighty Godzilla bogged down. Never thought I could take the lead from P2, it's my least favorite starting position there, I usually end up being 3rd after T1, but this time 488 cannonball start sure helped me :D

That was some freaky fast Nissan haunting me almost the whole race :rolleyes:. I apologize if those couple of defensive moves when you got me after my nearly fatal mistake in Pouhon with 5 laps to go were too aggressive. Though the first one actually was me catching the loose rear end after we barely touched in T13, if not for that I wouldn't haven gone that wide there leaving no place for you on the outside.The one after Blanchimont I'm not really sure whether it was legal or not as I clearly didn't leave you the whole car width to the white line, but the major part of your car was already outside that line anyway while you were trying to go around. I think I probably should've moved closer to the inside, again, sorry for that.:cautious:
Can you tell me what happened on the start? I thought you were giving us a bit of a handicap for more fun down in the race, but on the replay I could see you going pedal to the metal and still the mighty Godzilla bogged down. Never thought I could take the lead from P2, it's my least favorite starting position there, I usually end up being 3rd after T1, but this time 488 cannonball start sure helped me :D
:D. That was a nice race. I just forgot to set a short enough first gear....I didn't even use it during the laps...just completely forgot about that. After Q I actually thought I would have P2 race pace and defend all race long on the mediums, they were so cold on the Nissan it was not working well for half the lap. Falling behind at the start is what made the race fun in the end.

The defense after pouhon was hard but fair. I turned in going two wide expecting you to hug the white line but you were still hard on the brakes and not turning yet. This is the kind of overtake move that is going to work only if everything goes perfect. After 5 laps up your butt without a single mistake from you I thought this was the only shot I had so I tried hard, once we touched it was clear I would run out of tarmac, no worries.

Blanchimont there was no way I could make the corner even 100% slotted behind you. It was merely attempt at a setup for the last turn which would not have worked anyway. The Nissan has top speed but it's so bad through raidillon and blanchimont that it's near impossible to overtake someone with a "mistake free" good pace. You made ONE and I had my shot but just came up short. Very nice race!

Honestly, I almost lost it there. I was trying to beat my best lap running about 1 tenth ahead of it and I think I tried to make the turn coming a little bit too hot and the rear stepped out. During my practice before the race, that always ended up eithter spinning out or wrecking into the inside barrier, this Ferrari is a handful when it goes out of control. I can catch the initial spin, but then the rear will often violently swing back in the opposite direction and that's where I almost always fail because it happens so fast that I'm unable to react. This time I got lucky, only went a bit wide and lost less than a second overall.
I was a bit surprised that you decided to run the race on mediums, Nissan is often able to run softs where Ferrari has to use mediums. 40 minutes would probably be stretching those softs' life a bit, but it should still be doable.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back