Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 GT3 Power Pack Update.jpg

Studio 397 have deployed a first update to the recently released GT3 Power Pack that brings some new features and improved performance in game.

The new update comes just seven days after the very first rFactor 2 paid DLC was released to the public via the Steam network, and impacts all five cars of this latest GT3 themed DLC offering for rFactor 2.

The main focus of the update would around improving the framerate hit when using these cars in comparison to older content, however Studio 397 have managed to sneak in a few nice updates and improvements to the cars alongside this much requested FPS boost.

Notable for the improved damage model that came as part of an update alongside the DLC drop, the developers have put in some further work to refine the sensitivity to contact with other cars and their surroundings, hopefully bringing the reaction of the latest damage model closer to where the studio feels is appropriate in what is a very much improved aspect of the simulation.

Other notable changes include some new animation around backfires for all five cars and other visual tweaks, which can be read in the changelog below:

McLaren 650S GT3 2017 v1.79
  • Reworked tire and rim blur animation.
  • New backfire animation.
  • Fixed spokes sorting in front of debris/smoke.
Bentley Continental GT3 2017 v1.15
  • Adjusted LOD distances for better performance.
  • Damage sensitivity adjusted.
  • Backfire smoke/vapor added.
Callaway C7 GT3 2017 v1.15
  • New backfire animation.
Mercedes AMG GT3 2017 v1.07
Radical RRXC GT3 v1.09
  • Fixed black artifact appearing in cockpit.
Just in case you missed it earlier, don't forget to check out our interview with @Marcel Offermans of Studio 397 about the DLC, future developments, rain and all things rF2 past and present...

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation available worldwide via the Steam network.

rF2 GT3 Power Pack Update 2.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Pleased to see a new update released so soon after the DLC drop? Happy with the changes made? What are your opinions of the DLC so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I'm always pleased to see new updates, what I'm not pleased with is that custom series created via the MAS Utility don't recognize these kind of updates, so now I'm running series with outdated cars and trying to edit the series is a pain in the a**

Please to see a new update released so soon after the DLC drop?
Yes, pleased that S397 are releasing updates for there new GT3 cars...really enjoying the GT3 cars at the moment, so hopefully I can load the other GT3 cars from the pack to race against as my PC performance was horrible...up till now I was just loading the Enduracers car mods for added company while racing one of the rF2 GT3 cars....keep up the great work S397.

I'm always pleased to see new updates, what I'm not pleased with is that custom series created via the MAS Utility don't recognize these kind of updates, so now I'm running series with outdated cars and trying to edit the series is a pain in the a**

You can remake basic vmods in a few minutes
Gives you the chance to change or update other content in the vmod, ie: skins, track layouts, etc.

Remember any vmods contain old workshop or unsubscribed content will remain installed and run even though the actual rfcmp has already been deleted

If you want to keep old versions you can add a copy from the cache to a secondary Package folders before you uninstall

Try Zandvroot, nice track! :thumbsup:

Zandvoort would be nice if it got out of beta state. Running shadow patterns, jagged white lines, semi-transparent trees and lack of any light reflections are ruining it a bit for me. @Richard Hessels are you still working on the track or is someone else assigned to it? I might have a look at fixing some of these things myself if it's not receiving further updates.

You can remake basic vmods in a few minutes
Gives you the chance to change or update other content in the vmod, ie: skins, track layouts, etc.

Remember any vmods contain old workshop or unsubscribed content will remain installed and run even though the actual rfcmp has already been deleted

If you want to keep old versions you can add a copy from the cache to a secondary Package folders before you uninstall

Thanks for trying to help but I couldn't understand a thing of what you said, it's like you're speaking a different language. :thumbsdown:
The whole package, vmod, rfcmp, etc from RF2 makes my head ache. Wish it was as easy as AC. Just delete and copy/paste folders....You don't have to worry about versions, just replace the old folder and done. RF2 is so complicated and the fact that there's zero documentation about basically everything makes it even worse.

Hey guys, I have a little problem. When the pack was pre-released I accidentally bought it twice. I did a steam refund and that was it. However, it turns out my gt3 steam subscription is still downloading version 1.0 of the pack and I'm actually driving those versions. When I delete them from my vehicle folder and leave the 1.7 version the car is missing in the game. Restarting steam results in downloading version 1.0 again....HELP!

Zandvoort would be nice if it got out of beta state. Running shadow patterns, jagged white lines, semi-transparent trees and lack of any light reflections are ruining it a bit for me. @Richard Hessels are you still working on the track or is someone else assigned to it? I might have a look at fixing some of these things myself if it's not receiving further updates.
It gets updated for sure, all terrain textures get updated. The latest Audi-S update is in place.
New trees etc. But at the moment rounding of my work for professional racing teams.
So i can get back on track.
Shadow patterns on Zandvoort are tied to shadow settings, on MAX settings they are not there.
The lower you go the more pronounced it gets. That why all texturing is getting an overhaul.
Many tracks suffer from this.

I am so looking forward to rF2 becoming one of the top contenders of choice for serious GT racing.
I am prepared, have done a fresh install and have thrown out ANY mods and content I don't use, so what remains is a pristine GT3 racing simulator.

I am only waiting for:
- the new UI
- performance improvements to align it with it's peer simulators (it currently performs the worst from all with triple screens)
- more studio 397 tracks (and conversions done by the mod makers of some of the best tracks available for Assetto Corsa)
- more GT3 official content (there is no GT3 without a Porsche 911 GT3 R or a BMW M6 GT3 or a Ferrari 488 GT3)

As it is I can barely hot-lap with no AI on the track at rarely stable 55 - 60 FPS and have most graphics settings turned way down (I run Assetto Corsa with almost all settings maxed out and it looks beautiful at stable ~70 FPS with a full grid on the most demanding Kunos tracks).

Once rF2 can manage that performance, I am looking forward to the amazing live track, day and night transitions, rain and the VERY solid AI (don't get me wrong, the Assetto Corsa AI in it's current state is everything I would ever want from an AI for training for online racing, but I have experienced some really interesting situations with the rF2 AI, truly fighting for positions which felt very human in times).

I wish studio 397 the biggest success with this one, so rF2 may live in 5 years in thrive so we have the best of endurance GT racing and a great choice between rF2, a future GTR3, a future Assetto Corsa and maybe also with a ProjectCarsX in the future.

Sim racing has never been so great ;-)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 357 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing