GT3 Power Pack for rFactor 2 Updated Again

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 4.jpg

Studio 397 have released a new update to the recent GT3 Power Pack DLC, marking the second time the Dutch studio have brought improvements to the latest rF2 DLC.

Seemingly popular throughout the community, the new GT3 'Power Pack' DLC has been hit with a few performance issues that have hopefully been rectified as part of the second update release today. Now expected to produce better framerate performance when using higher shadow settings than previously possible with earlier builds, Studio 397 are hopeful that this update will resolve any outstanding issues experienced by those who have purchased this latest pack.

GT3 Pack Update 2 Notes

McLaren 650S GT3 2017 v1.85
  • Improved performance when running higher shadow settings.
  • Improved performance through further LOD improvements to opponent cars.
  • Added endurance lights.
Bentley Continental GT3 2017 v1.23
Callaway C7 GT3 2017 v1.23
  • Fix for team creation not working.
Mercedes AMG GT3 2017 v1.11
Radical RRXC GT3 v1.17
rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation by Studio 397, available to purchase now.

rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 2.jpg
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 3.jpg
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the rFactor 2 simulation. Join us to involve yourself in the rFactor community, take part in some great Club and League racing events and immerse yourself in all things rFactor 2!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy to see yet another update to these awesome GT3 machines? Has the new update improved performance on your system? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Im sorry but i really think Studio 123 isnt up fir this task. rF2 isnt a racegame, its a tirenodel with a racesim shell build around it. And now they are forcing the code to become a mainstrsam racegame like AC, R3E and Pcars. I am not impressed with Marcel Offermans at all. He's not the "Niels from Reiza", which rF2 needs, he's a Jerry Mguire "Show me the money". And all that "they need money to develop" bullshit. Reiza develops from the heart, body and soul...that is what rF2 needs...

Im sorry but i really think Studio 123 isnt up fir this task. rF2 isnt a racegame, its a tirenodel with a racesim shell build around it. And now they are forcing the code to become a mainstrsam racegame like AC, R3E and Pcars. I am not impressed with Marcel Offermans at all. He's not the "Niels from Reiza", which rF2 needs, he's a Jerry Mguire "Show me the money". And all that "they need money to develop" bullshit. Reiza develops from the heart, body and soul...that is what rF2 needs...

So whats AMS if it isn't a mainstream racegame:speechless:........please enlighten us all with your wisdom:O_o:

Last edited:
the cars made them shut up for a while
Not really, they still cackle like chickens all day what a great game it is instead of driving. All servers remain empty, but yeah! ... great game! I guess spamming around these forums is much more fun.

This DLC is too expensive and won't improve the situation at all, and then the need to come up with two updates so short after release tells a story.

Simracing is slowly dying with the vanishing of rF1, GTR; you don't need to be a clairvoyant to see that.

Last edited:
So much negativity.

Sometimes I feel like there is an agenda to see that rF2 do not succeed. If you hate the game so much why even post here. Just to promote your game of choice? Is Marcel suppose to do all these for free? Is he running a charity? I'm so happy that this game is still getting updated after so many years. Big major updates at that.

And not all of us has the option to play multiplayer. It's not the be all and end all. Some just want a good drive and good ai. We are not all the same. That's why many of us play multiple Sims. They all come with their own strengths and weaknesses. It will be a sad world if we are only limited to 1 Sim no matter how good it is.

Last edited:

So far Studio 397 have released 2 tracks and 8 cars, everything except the five GT3 cars have been released for free. Reiza have released DLC content for at least 50€ in total. So who is all about money?

So much negativity.
Sometimes I feel like there is an agenda to see that rF2 do not succeed.
It is what it is and for me that's certainly not positive, although I had hoped otherwise.

If a product suffers from a damaged reputation, then you can NEVER make up for it; no matter what you do.
That's the way business works and obviously Marcel isn't a businessman enough to know that.

ISI made a mess of things and left the scene with their tail between their legs; the game was dead.
S397 took over the developement and picked up the pieces where ISI left off, well ... they shouldn't have.
It would've been better to start all over again and sell it as rF3 (or whatever).
So what's happening right now is that Marcel is damaging his own reputation as well and coming up with constant WIPs and BETAs proves that.

In case of AI:
I'm not interested in playing with AI, I want to drive online with other people.
In the rF1 era there were so many leagues around the world I could have joined with 25+ drivers, it was great fun; even 24hrs endurance racing with drivers swap. People also had the opportunity to drive offline with AI if they wanted to.
Many of those leagues have disappeared and all still existing leagues are struggling to come up with 20 drivers which means that if it continues this way,
it won't take long they close their doors and no more simracing for me.

The league I'm driving my races still hosts on rF1 (WEC, NAEC, FIA GT) and is still able to come up with 25+ drivers, something the new sims can't.
For the sake of 'close racing', I'm not willing to drive at grids below 20 people.
The day they decide to end on rF1, that may be my end as well.

So no, there's not much for me to be positive about with these next gen sims.
If you hate the game so much why even post here.
It's called constructive critisicm.
If you only want positive fanboy talk, then I suggest to move over to S397 forums; they welcome you there.

Last edited:
Reiza have released DLC content for at least 50€ in total

Reiza released a lot of free stuff too an their DLC quality and post release support is fantastic...
Marcel did a great job while on Reiza so I don't understand why you think he can't do the same with rF2, S397 did a crazy bet on rF2 but I think they can achieve great results and win in the end, they are pushing to give it new life but at the same time they are working hard too in order to save all the good things ISI started and never finished...

Last edited:
Marcel did a great job while on Reiza so I don't understand why you think he can't do the same with rF2,
Because "If a product suffers from a damaged reputation, then you can NEVER make up for it; no matter what you do. That's the way business works".

I respect the efforts from Marcel, but he's pulling on a dead horse.
Once dead, it will never come alive. Whether you like it or not, that's reality.

It is what it is and for me that's certainly not positive, although I had hoped otherwise.

If a product suffers from a damaged reputation, then you can NEVER make up for it; no matter what you do.
That's the way business works and obviously Marcel isn't a businessman enough to know that.

ISI made a mess of things and left the scene with their tale between their legs; the game was dead.
S397 took over the developement and picked up the pieces where ISI left off, well ... they shouldn't have.
It would've been better to start all over again and sell it as rF3 (or whatever).
So what's happening right now is that Marcel is damaging his own reputation as well and coming up with constant WIPs and BETAs proves that.

In case of AI:
I'm not interested in playing with AI, I want to drive online with other people.
In the rF1 era there were so many leagues around the world I could have joined with 25+ drivers, it was great fun; even 24hrs endurance racing with drivers swap. People also had the opportunity to drive offline with AI if they wanted to.
Many of those leagues have disappeared an all still existing leagues are struggling to come up with 20 drivers which means that if it continues this way,
it won't take long they close their doors and no more simracing for me.

The league I'm driving my races still hosts on rF1 (WEC, NAEC, FIA GT) and is still able to come up with 25+ drivers, something the new sims can't.
For the sake of 'close racing', I'm not willing to drive at grids below 20 people.
The day they decide to end on rF1, that may be my end as well.

So no, there's not much for me to b

It's called constructive critisicm.
If you only want positive fanboy talk, then I suggest to move over to S397 forums; they welcome you there.

Right....label anybody you don't agree with as a fanboy. What a wonderful way to make ur point.

I don't find a single thing positive or constructive in ur posts. U keep slamming Marcel for every single thing. Even for the sins of ISI past. Last I checked he is not ISI but S397.

I'm beginning to believe u do have an agenda.

I love all Sims except for that turd which is PCars1. They all have their plus and minuses. My absolute favorites include AMS and PC2 but they are not all things for everyone.

Last edited:
I really hope they release a skinpack soon. As it stands I use the AMGT3 mod to race against because it's no fun racing against 80% mclarens and radicals. (yes I know I can go in and boot and add ai, but really for a paid dlc I shouldn't have to do that)

eh updates are good for sure, we all love updates ...but this is for a DLC pack that was sold for almost £15.00 ..I cant help thinking that the pack was just not ready to go on sale and should never have been released before each and every car was 100% complete

Would you walk into a shop and buy a new item before it was fit for purpose ...
tell me one sim where the cars are not updated after the release ...even iracing makes corrections every month for 12e per cars...:rolleyes:

@takethree : Sleep tight and sweet dreams. End of story.
I like to read your troll and feel your rage you are distracting :laugh:

To say there is no coming back may be a bit premature in an effort that is only a year into it. Two examples of companies that were 'dead' or at the very least on the deathwatch at one time were General Motors and Apple, both doing fairly well now I'd say.
Success takes change, and change requires vision which I see in Mr. Offermans and Studio 397 roadmap. He certainly doesn't need my endorsement but the 'constructive criticism' by some is anything but.

Last edited:
tell me one sim where the cars are not updated after the release ...even iracing makes corrections every month for 12e per cars...:rolleyes:

Point being these are not updates, it appears that every one of these cars (DLC pack) were @Wip stage or at best beta ..not something you should be paying for ..unless of course you knew exactly what it was you was spending your hard earned money on...maybe "GT3 DLC pack, cars at beta stage but updates to follow" would have worked? ...eh its just my own personal opinion, but updates and improvements are different :)

I have never know AC AMS R3E to make corrections to a released DLC ..but of course I may be wrong

iRacing does indeed release updates, but I have always found these to be "improvements" ..tire change or default setup change ect ect ..Although I am no longer a member at iracing, I always found any new car that became available to purchase was indeed ready for sale.

The Mercedes doesn't have any endurance lights IRL as far as I know
Incorrect
bes-24-hours-of-spa-2016-86-amg-team-htp-motorsport-mercedes-amg-gt3-maximilian-gotz-thoma.jpg

This is the only one that does not say: "Added endurance lights"
I'm curious if it already came with it, or just doesn't have it yet? I haven't bought the DLC yet, was waiting for it to be worked out some and come with some actual paint job choices.
The Mercedes already had it at first release, was the only car with that option

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back