AC GT3 @ Paul Ricard - Sunday 25th of June 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Btw, what does "older models" mean?
There are 2 Mclaren and 2 mercedes. The 650s and the AMG are the newer models (and faster). Anyway i'd suggest you to use the BMW Z4. Definitely the easier to drive (imho the most fun as well) and the default setup is quite fast by itself.
EDIT: i will be in the server for a while, if you want to join i can give you a hand (even tho i have to still learn the track)

Yes, as @BhZ mentioned above Mp4-12C GT3, SLS AMG GT3 and R8 LMS Ultra. Great as these cars are, they are a bit dated, and even though they aren't really slower, people don't drive them anymore, unfortunately. They are old, but not obsolete :D
True for the audi, but the old mclaren and the old mercedes are actually 1 to 3 seconds slower depending on the track.

There are 2 Mclaren and 2 mercedes. The 650s and the AMG are the newer models (and faster). Anyway i'd suggest you to use the BMW Z4. Definitely the easier to drive (imho the most fun as well) and the default setup is quite fast by itself.
EDIT: i will be in the server for a while, if you want to join i can give you a hand (even tho i have to still learn the track)

Yes, as @BhZ mentioned above Mp4-12C GT3, SLS AMG GT3 and R8 LMS Ultra.

True for the audi, but the old mclaren and the old mercedes are actually 1 to 3 seconds slower depending on the track.
Thanks guys. I have bought the content and tried most of the cars already. I have yet to try the McLaren and the Merc (may skip the old ones ;)) and the old Audi, but the rest have had at least a couple of laps. Since i was learning the track at the same time, it's hard to be precise about comparisons but my fastest lap was actually in the 911 which surprised me. The Nissan and the Z4 were the first two I tried so I'll go back and give them another go and see how I get on.
The other big question that I might get a chance to address (if I get enough time) is how well the tyres will last. (I am assuming there isn't a mandatory pit stop.)
I don't have the skill and experience to tweak the setup much so will be relying on the default in most areas. The Nissan did feel pretty driveable with the wing reduced almost to zero though, which was another surprise :)

Thanks guys. I have bought the content and tried most of the cars already. I have yet to try the McLaren and the Merc (may skip the old ones ;)) and the old Audi, but the rest have had at least a couple of laps. Since i was learning the track at the same time, it's hard to be precise about comparisons but my fastest lap was actually in the 911 which surprised me. The Nissan and the Z4 were the first two I tried so I'll go back and give them another go and see how I get on.
The other big question that I might get a chance to address (if I get enough time) is how well the tyres will last. (I am assuming there isn't a mandatory pit stop.)
I don't have the skill and experience to tweak the setup much so will be relying on the default in most areas. The Nissan did feel pretty driveable with the wing reduced almost to zero though, which was another surprise :)
For the race you will probably need the medium tires. I've seen people try the soft during the race but most of the time they lose control of the car when the end of the race is close. The porsche is quite hard to drive fast and it can be a bit unpredictable if it goes on oversteer. The old audi is understeery as hell. If you are not planning on changing the setup (or you are not able to yet) i'd skip it. Learn the track with the car you feel most comfortable with, don't check the times because you will be way faster once you've learned it. Once you choose the car, let us know which one and eventually, if i have time, i can try and tweak the setup a bit for the track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back