AC GT3 @ Nurburgring - Sunday 30th of April 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry all I had to abandon the race. I had plenty of stuttering and as low as 25FPS. I hoped the reset for the race after quali would fix it, but did not. I spent hours this week trying to fix the VR issue between NVIDIA, WIN10 and AC and it's really a random event. Earlier this morning I jumped on the FP server and was so smooth I thought I was driving a real car...

Really wish myself that tomorrow RF2 will bring something better on the table...

Apparently AC's tire model is not as good as I thought because apparently on high tire wear track like this one, you can do a 45 minute race on a single stint of SOFT tires. What a joke. No matter what temperature was on the track, the softs should have worn out. No excuse. I was nearly 3 seconds off the pace with the mediums in and never recovered any time simply because the soft tires just kept going. I also find it incredibly odd that when using mediums they are always cold, no matter how hard I push they are always cold. Happened today and happened on my last race at Spa on Friday night. Something is definitely off on the tires. I guess from now on, I just have to throw common sense out of the window with AC and learn the flaws of the tire model and work around it.

About the race, not much to say, couldn't keep up with the faster guys and I had someone hit me on a pretty dumb move but it's all good, it wasn't that incident that really bothered me to be honest. Pretty disappointed to lose this way. Lesson learned. ;)

Congrats to the podium. :)

Apparently AC's tire model is not as good as I thought because apparently on high tire wear track like this one, you can do a 45 minute race on a single stint of SOFT tires. What a joke. No matter what temperature was on the track, the softs should have worn out. No excuse. I was nearly 3 seconds off the pace with the mediums in and never recovered any time simply because the soft tires just kept going. I also find it incredibly odd that when using mediums they are always cold, no matter how hard I push they are always cold. Happened today and happened on my last race at Spa on Friday night. Something is definitely off on the tires. I guess from now on, I just have to throw common sense out of the window with AC and learn the flaws of the tire model and work around it.

About the race, not much to say, couldn't keep up with the faster guys and I had someone hit me on a pretty dumb move but it's all good, it wasn't that incident that really bothered me to be honest. Pretty disappointed to lose this way. Lesson learned. ;)

Now you know why i ****ed up the AMS race last Wednesday, to much AC ;)

Agreed, I wasn't expecting the mediums to fair so poorly but I guess Nurburgring is the exception. Eugene did ask if anyone was able to make mediums work before the race. I probably should have taken the hint then.

Softs don't really last, its how much you make of it. with 22 mins to go wear indicator turned yellow, by 10 mins mark things were starting to get shady, so I finally turned TC on for safety. With 6 mins left on the clock it was closer to driving on ice, loosing 2 seconds per lap easy, if not more sometimes. Coming sideways out of a Schumachers s is not an ideal way to drive GT.
For example if weather is really hot and mediums do work, they wear out pretty fast as well, not as bad as softs, but they don't really last 45 mins either. Hards do last, but you can use them only in like 30 degrees weather.
I feel like compounds are more oriented towards weather rather then durability.
It was 18 degrees today, so mediums had no chance to warm up.

Softs don't really last, its how much you make of it. with 22 mins to go wear indicator turned yellow, by 10 mins mark things were starting to get shady, so I finally turned TC on for safety. With 6 mins left on the clock it was closer to driving on ice, loosing 2 seconds per lap easy, if not more sometimes. Coming sideways out of a Schumachers s is not an ideal way to drive GT.
For example if weather is really hot and mediums do work, they wear out pretty fast as well, not as bad as softs, but they don't really last 45 mins either. Hards do last, but you can use them only in like 30 degrees weather.
I feel like compounds are more oriented towards weather rather then durability.
It was 18 degrees today, so mediums had no chance to warm up.
Agree with Eugene, in the last RD GT3 League, with race distance of about 90 mins, air temp of 20-22°, the only optimal choice was a double 45' stint with medium tyres. If properly exploited, soft tyres will definitely do not last in Nürburgring.
Only exception is the Nismo.

Hello, sorry for the touch but sometimes I suffer from LAG:giggle:, congratulations was just a nice race:);):thumbsup:

Yeah, it was a bit creepy because you were moving back and forth a little bit all the time, you were also very close at time and that was cool, created sensation of real pro racing. I already forgot about crash lol, can't remember if it was you or someone else, regardless, its ok, I got out of it clean, lost a few seconds overall at most. Things happen. Anyway it was great fun, looked like in the end Audi had more tire left.

Agreed, I wasn't expecting the mediums to fair so poorly but I guess Nurburgring is the exception. Eugene did ask if anyone was able to make mediums work before the race. I probably should have taken the hint then.
I feel like cold mediums always have less grip than worn softs. Its the last 10 mins that it becomes real challenge to keep it together on soft.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%