AC GT3 @ Nurbs GP Thursday 29th Jan 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I swear, Nurburgring is cursed for me. This is the second RD race I've done on it, and both times my computer crashes about halfway through :thumbsdown:

Did see some fun racing though, got through a 5-car pileup on the back straight first, and managed to have a good defensive battle against someone. Have fun with the rest of the race fellas.

Pretty shitty race:cry:

And @Si, I have raced quite often with you lately and never seen you jumping. Strange that everybody complaining about that.

Reactions: Si
And @Si, I have raced quite often with you lately and never seen you jumping. Strange that everybody complaining about that.

Thanks Tomi, but it seems every race some one is saying im jumping!

Also noticed that at times during a race everybody seems to be warping for me! god knows why!

Wish to say I had a nice race race but I didn't, at first my G27 just decides to make a rebellion about 900º degrees steering rotation and using the full course of pedal, nothing that a restart coudn't handle. Restart done (half of the practice gone away) and my screen starts shaking like a f1 car in a highway, after more 3 minutes found out that 60p hertz was causing the problem, set to 59 and was able do two laps in practice:cautious:. In qualy I just couldn't find a great pace after all, but I can go on with that...
Race started, got involved in a pile up that put me in the back of the grid the I thought: ok, let's try to recover from this:sneaky:. aAd after 13 laps I spun:cautious: and in the next corner my wheel stops responding:mad: and I went straight into the wall, almost hitting two guys that were coming behind me. Clicked the screen and hopefully I was able to stop the car. Three seconds after that a fu:devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish: apple software update window comes up, showing up that it had caused the minimizing to desktop window (after spending 5 minutes to make sure any program would do that). Decided to stop racing to prevent any further issues:cautious:.

And does anybody know how to put windows in a priority mode, running only what's needed for racing?

PS: I didn't update the software and end up deleting the update tool:mad:

Despite the result, from 1st to 4th , It was one of the most enjoyable race I've made.
(Does THE quest for victory would be pointless :cautious::O_o::roflmao:)
Special bravo to my fellow racers @Christian Lozanov, @Henri Sinik, @Dragos Haba. :thumbsup:
I was almost smelling the taste of my burning tyres on the tip of my tongue. Sweet feelings.

I've uploaded the replay, for whoever would be interested. :whistling:

Thx for the combo @Si, sorry you hit some troubles.

I'm so sorry... A friend and I bought a second hand RC car which we started working on it a couple of months ago but never finished. This afternoon we started working on it again and it took ages to fix it. I completely forgot about this :( Sorry guys, it will never happen again.

Thanks mate

Just reviewed the results, and in the single lap pace, I'd have been right up there at the top, or very near it.

I found out what what my pc problems were.
Some little girl in my house had got into my Cave and had started pressing buttons and clicking on things she shouldn't.
She managed to overclock my gpu memory by an extra 100mhz, and it didn't like it.
Looks like I'm going to have it pin protect my desktop from now on.

Last edited:
Couple of pretty fun racing sequences, after being nudged in the rear once again and dropped all the way back in the first lap. Three GT races I've done here and it's happened every time, kinda frustrating not being able to get a clean race in and see how I manage, but what can I do. :(

Had a great threeway battle with @Sheamus Power and @Tomi Manninen for about five or six laps in the first half and then in the final laps with Kamil Ozan who I was catching up quickly, but went for it too hard in the last lap and spun out letting @Berk Er past me also.

Still good fun for the most part, hope my luck turns for the better at some point. ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 85 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 451 39.3%