AC GT3 @ Nordschleife - Sunday 28th of May 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
well just wanted to say thanks?? it was my first race ever here on RD and online whatsoever....i just wanted to jump right in....and my thoughts were that it was intense, even from last place. I felt like I was in a real life race, and I started getting nervous when practice ended. Anyhow, I got a decent start (didn't jump it!) and I was very sure I had good manners when you guys were up beside me and that was rewarding in itself, because @RasmusP even thanked me :) My pace was obviously off (the best I could manage with a clean lap was 8'54") considering I have no clue about car setup and there are clearly corners which I should not be braking or lifting on (I could see those behind catch right up lol)

But now I'm reading these last few posts and didn't realize how serious you all are!! I think I picked the worst event to jump into as a beginner, haha! I share the same thought that @RasmusP had, though....that we started with 25 and ended with 13....that was kind of a bummer....I tried to finish my final lap but I ran out of fuel (I had 80L too :().

All in all I want to thank everyone, it was very inspiring to watch 8'17" and sub 20" laptimes just like the real thing. Although I feel kind of lost because I don't know how on earth I will find 35 seconds...the racing (the first 3 minutes for me anyway) was very realistic, everyone gave each other room, the experience was awesome, and I'm glad to have joined RD. Hope to see you all again!!

Cheers

All in all I want to thank everyone, it was very inspiring to watch 8'17" and sub 20" laptimes just like the real thing. Although I feel kind of lost because I don't know how on earth I will find 35 seconds...
Happy to hear that! Maybe you want to join the Rookie events on Wednesday or Friday :)
The 35 seconds are lying somewhere between your first online race and for example, my over 100 hours on the Nordschleife (only Track I ever REALLY got into in the last 2 years).
It's what makes this track so special. It's not simply a matter of the most smooth racing line but more about knowing every damn cm² of it!
I needed about 2 month to remember every corner correctly (and THEN you begin to slowly get faster) while I need 1-2 hours on normal Tracks like Barcelona or Brands Hatch!
When you really know the Nordschleife it is somehow like flying while fighting with the car. :)

I would like to congratulate you Rasmus. I see you are a rookie and it you did quite well for such a hard combo.
I'm a rookie as well and I signed out of this event after a few hours of practice in this track. I felt that I would do very bad and just ruin other ppl race, because the combo is really hard.

Anyway, I signed for the next event. This will be my third try. In the first one, I got dced (internet problems) in the second turn of the first lap at Silverstone GP.

In AC can you not exit to pits and restart. driving the whole track with damage can be a pain i agree, :)
Its a track i love and hate
Love to drive it hate to race it, it can be the best experience and the loneliest all in one race, but that should never stop drivers joining.

You can spend weeks learning the track and have your race spoiled by a driver who has not learnt it. I am not saying anything was intentional, but guys have to learn to drive at there own limit and not the car in fronts. (a lot easier said then done) iv'e been bumped into so many times from behind because not enough space being given to cars in front. Guys trying to overtake in the corners instead off using exit speed and slipsteam on the straights.
Also because of the nature of the track getting back up to speed safely can be so hard if you crash. Even turning round after a crash can be almost impossible. At times ive had to let the whole field by before i can get going again.
Letting faster cars by only to pass them later in the lap when they have crashed.. always puts a smirk on my face.
Self control is key on this track to get to the end of a race .But when you do it does feel good for sure. :)

well just wanted to say thanks?? it was my first race ever here on RD and online whatsoever....i just wanted to jump right in....and my thoughts were that it was intense, even from last place. I felt like I was in a real life race, and I started getting nervous when practice ended. Anyhow, I got a decent start (didn't jump it!) and I was very sure I had good manners when you guys were up beside me and that was rewarding in itself, because @RasmusP even thanked me :) My pace was obviously off (the best I could manage with a clean lap was 8'54") considering I have no clue about car setup and there are clearly corners which I should not be braking or lifting on (I could see those behind catch right up lol)

But now I'm reading these last few posts and didn't realize how serious you all are!! I think I picked the worst event to jump into as a beginner, haha! I share the same thought that @RasmusP had, though....that we started with 25 and ended with 13....that was kind of a bummer....I tried to finish my final lap but I ran out of fuel (I had 80L too :().

All in all I want to thank everyone, it was very inspiring to watch 8'17" and sub 20" laptimes just like the real thing. Although I feel kind of lost because I don't know how on earth I will find 35 seconds...the racing (the first 3 minutes for me anyway) was very realistic, everyone gave each other room, the experience was awesome, and I'm glad to have joined RD. Hope to see you all again!!

Cheers

You will find those 35 seconds with practice. I started to race seriously just about a year ago, and then, I was being lapped at least once in all races, sometimes even twice. Yesterday I was in a 3 way battle for 3rd, finished 4th but it was great anyway.
Didn't know jack about setups either, but now I can prep the car for any race, almost every time.
So keep racing, be active on here and on TS and you will learn, to go faster, be better and understanding your cars. :thumbsup:
Btw, someone above suggested Rookie events, which can be also a learning experience, if you are interested. Its not necessary however, if you don't find those interesting; I started with GT3, with the good old MP4-12C, so its up to you. Looks like you can handle the speed of GT3. Anyway, more you race, more different cars you try, you get more experience and knowledge.

That's Audi? It looks like a stealth bomber indeed. But it's not my taste. :p
The understeer caught me off guard a couple of times, but I was most impressed with the car, it really is well engineered. Decided to try it since it was new, very happy with the drive, was a lot of fun, very confidence inspiring. Normally however I take AMG for the ring and Italians for most other races.

While I find most of the gt3 quite understeery or oversteery (or both when you go over the limit) , the Mclaren 650 really grew to me! If you didn't test it I can highly recommend it! I tried every gt3 on the Nordschleife, only the 650 was like it was part of my body :)
Only a bit slow on straights though :(

@Iltarix Ilyar you signed up twice, so I put you in with the car you chose second time, the R8.
Last time at Cup race you were driving dangerously and very erratically, and that was clearly not a lag. Make sure to keep it together this time, or I would have to ban you from participating in club races, because that kind of driving belongs only to a public server.
Even if it was your fist time, it is no excuse, because you have to know your limitations and take it easy, if its a learning exercise for you.
Im very sorry for my disappearance, the basement in my house had a water leak and been flodded, had to deal with that for the past few days. As of collision, I will pay extra tentions and try my best to avoid it next time around. Very sorry for all the troubles. :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back