AC GT3 @ Nürburgring - Wed 11 Jun 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
2014-06-11_00001.jpg

Fun race everybody!

But man, one thing's for sure... You don't take a week and a half off of sim racing and come back as fast as you were before... For 75% of the race I felt like I was hauling one of these around track.
1206068419g4cHE2h.jpg

At the very end though, I managed to get back down to my usual pace.

Awesome race!

I totally goofed up on the start. Shifted up, when I was trying to hit the look left button, then got tentative going into the first corner. Then lost it by shifting too late at another corner.

Instead of falling apart like I usually do, I got back into things and wish I had a couple of extra laps and a little bit more guts to make a pass :). Can't wait till the next one!

I recorded my race, and I'm going to post it up on YT after some editing. I'll post the link probably sometime later. It was kinda interesting that even with Mediums, it didn't really feel like they were losing much grip at the end.

If anyone is interested, I was basically using the setup listed in this post. The only thing I changed was that I dropped the front tires 1psi, and increased front brake bias to 71 (I think). Even with a small goof here or there, I did a 2:00.3 on my last lap.

Edit: My telemetry file can be found here: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/zamboni/fred_gt3_ring.zip

Last edited:
@Joao M Alves you may want to check the deadzone on your brake pedals. I noticed it when I was behind you and looking at the replay, it seemed like your brake lights were coming on at times when they shouldn't have (in straights). Although it may be only a small amount of brakes applied, you may be scrubbing speed without knowing it :)

@Fred Locklear
Yeah my mediums hardly went off either. I think it was mainly because I was in conservation mode the entire race. Because they finished up:

99% 98%

98% 98%

@Saleem Hodge
I think it could be interesting to make a race distance long enough so that choosing a softer tyre is a serious risk. So like, 30 laps so that the mediums will last most of it, but will drop off towards the end, but the hards would be slower, but will easily make it. That way you'd get a real mix of strategies.

@Joao M Alves you may want to check the deadzone on your brake pedals. I noticed it when I was behind you and looking at the replay, it seemed like your brake lights were coming on at times when they shouldn't have (in straights). Although it may be only a small amount of brakes applied, you may be scrubbing speed without knowing it :)
:confused::confused::confused: Thanks for the heads up! I had no idea. Just checked my replay and you're right... Didn't show up on my pedals app though, but none the less, fixed now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back