AC GT3 @ Nürburgring GT - Sunday October 16th 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Had a great time, though being last. Apologies to the Ferrari 488 up front while blue flag, I did brake to let you pass in the corner, but unfortunately I suffered understeer :redface: and you "cut" me. I think you didn't sustain too much time loss or damage, I got backwards and lost my 12th position I was battling hard for with someone else in a white 488 :cry:. @Simon Richards was that you?
Anyways, great experience and nice alternative to ACRL's GT3 competition I just missed out on tonight. :thumbsup:
yes it was me. Was good clean racing shame you spun out as ferrari was passing you. I'm new to this and made a mistake by not putting enough fuel for the race in and had to stop then filled to the brim. But hey live and learn

Had a great time tonight thanks to everyone. I'm new to this and made mistake of not fueling and having to pitstop. But apart from that was able to keep it clean and stay consistent just need to get a little faster. Loving the oculus "

Not sure why Nick Sayers had to knock me off the track in the first lap inside the NGK Chicane. But he probably had his reasons. Anyway I don't think it was cool beside that disturbance he caused in the following field. I expected at least from him to wait. Well maybe next time he'll remember the rules.

Obviously I have nothing better to do

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry @Magnus Stjerneby, I bumped you and caused you to pretty much spin in a second corner after start. I was basically being coned in from two sides, I thought you were going faster than guy on the left, so I bared towards right, to slot in behind you, but you were just a little slower than I anticipated, so I clipped you. Misjudgment from me there, sorry.

Lol, all the cars with afterburner engaged.
Also, that collision looked pretty 50/50 if I'm honest.

To be fair, as a driver behind, you are responsible not to clip an opponent ahead of you when doing this maneuvers. You are basically supposed to let the car, that is ahead of you, clear; because unless the nose of your car is not more than half way in (which means front of your car is passed the point of the middle of the car you are battling), on the inside line, you have no claim for the position and basically have to back out (or at the very least give sufficient amount of space to the other car). I think that's more or less by the SRO and FIA book, correct me if I'm wrong.

Otherwise you end up in the situation like you guy are discussing, or you screw up like I did in this race too (description in the post above).

I'm not here to place any blame, just discussing the rules. Anyway, I think accidents like that happen in simracing a lot easier than in real life, specially in high pace, dense situation like that one.

Does this apply to club races?

** "Significant overlap" is defined as the attacking car having any portion of its' front wheels in-line with any portion of the defending cars' rear wheels. Any less than this, and the defending car will not be obliged to leave room.

Does this apply to club races?

** "Significant overlap" is defined as the attacking car having any portion of its' front wheels in-line with any portion of the defending cars' rear wheels. Any less than this, and the defending car will not be obliged to leave room.
Well, I'd say it applies in any form of racing. In a club race, I generally try to leave the space at all times to make sure everyone comes out of the corner alive. In a situation like above, I would back out of it in a clubrace because going into Veedol S side by side is quite dangerous.

Lol, all the cars with afterburner engaged.
Also, that collision looked pretty 50/50 if I'm honest.

I don't want to start an argument but here are some things to consider. Nick was behind me and made that overtake attempt. So he was attacking after all and therefore he was responsible to overtake in a clean way. I was in front, defending my position. I haven't even considered to block him (what I think is unfair when racing these cars). Also Nick didn't get any further than placing his car at the same height as mine, going side by side till the entry of the chicane. He was on the outside, I had the inside line (the upper hand). In this position, how should he ever get around me anyway? On the entry of the chicane I clearly was back in front of him and still he clipped into me instead of pulling back. After all I still think and thanks to that detailed video clip I strongly believe that in this place and situation it was impossible to overtake in a clean way. My only fault (if you want to call it that way) was not to break way earlier before that chicane and give up my position. But then again, who would give up his position without a fight? ;)

I don't want to start an argument but here are some things to consider. Nick was behind me and made that overtake attempt. So he was attacking after all and therefore he was responsible to overtake in a clean way. I was in front, defending my position. I haven't even considered to block him (what I think is unfair when racing these cars). Also Nick didn't get any further than placing his car at the same height as mine, going side by side till the entry of the chicane. He was on the outside, I had the inside line (the upper hand). In this position, how should he ever get around me anyway? On the entry of the chicane I clearly was back in front of him and still he clipped into me instead of pulling back. After all I still think and thanks to that detailed video clip I strongly believe that in this place and situation it was impossible to overtake in a clean way. My only fault (if you want to call it that way) was not to break way earlier before that chicane and give up my position. But then again, who would give up his position without a fight? ;)
I'd say this wasn't Nick's nor your fault. The chicane is just awkward to drive into with two cars but you can make an overtake work. Nick was level with you and basically had no way to get out of this move anymore. You also squeezed him quite a bit on the outside and then outbraked yourself a little bit which caused him to run into the back of you there. Don't be so quick in putting it all on the other party there.

I'd say this wasn't Nick's nor your fault. The chicane is just awkward to drive into with two cars but you can make an overtake work. Nick was level with you and basically had no way to get out of this move anymore. You also squeezed him quite a bit on the outside and then outbraked yourself a little bit which caused him to run into the back of you there. Don't be so quick in putting it all on the other party there.

ok

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back