1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU Premium GT3 @ Nürburgring 24h Layout - Tuesday May 31, 2016

Discussion in 'Project CARS Racing Club' started by Dennis, May 25, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 31-05-16
  1. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

[​IMG]
    GT3 at Nürburgring Combined in the spirit of the 24h of Nürburgring race.

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join as a Premium Member
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Join as a Freemium Member
    If you haven't raced with us before and you'd like to register for a freemium account and race online at RaceDepartment for free for two weeks, sign yourself up below. We have five slots reserved so first come first served.

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com Club
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Cars:
    GT3
    Track: Nürburgring 24 Layout
    Driving Aids: Realistic

Race 1
    Weather:
    Clear
    Car: GT3
    Practice: 18:30 GMT (10 minutes)
    Qualifying: 18:40 GMT (20 minutes)
    Race: 19:00 GMT (2 laps)

Race 2
    Weather:
    Clear
    Car: GT3
    Warm-up: 19:20 GMT (5 minutes)
    Race: 19:25 GMT (3 laps)

Note: You do not need to own any DLC in order to participate, as it is possible to race cars and tracks that you don't own when playing online!

Join the RaceDepartment Steam group - it will make finding our server much easier :thumbsup:

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

Entry List
    1. Dennis
    2. Wicked
    3. Flying Kefran
    4. Mathias Nielsen
    5. Kenny Paton*
    6. Vaughn Stegeman*
    7. panande
    8. Frank
    9. Free slot
    10. Free slot
    11. Free slot
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Michael Osborne*
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  3. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

4. Stuart Gillard

Stuart Gillard
    Premium Member

I'm in, as long as we don't have any random rain showers for some and not for others...that was madness yesterday :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

haha yeah that was definitely a first, normally the weather has worked quite nicely.

6. Wicked

Wicked
    #StanceNation Premium Member

I'm in, however why are we doing 2 'short' races and not 1 long one?
    Especially since conditions are identical and if only 2 lap, 1 screw up means you are driving alone for the remainder of the race?:D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

The Nordschleife is a very long track. If you are not able to catch up within one lap, chances are that you would have not been able to catch up in a longer race either (without having to push a lot and potentially spinning again) :)

I tried this short race format a couple of weeks ago with some people and it has worked exceptionally well. The 2nd race eliminates all potential gaps between cars from race 1, so that constant close fighting is ensured.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Flying Kefran

Flying Kefran
    From Gran Turismo to pCars

Hi.
    I will be there ! Count me in.

• Like Like x 1
  9. You know im in DENNIS :D

• Love Love x 1
  10. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

11. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Much as I would like to Dennis, I don't think my legs could take it. But I will see how they are on Tuesday after the R3E club race if that's okay.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I can't be sure I'll be awake in time for this, but please put me down as a maybe. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. panande

panande
    Premium Member

Ok I just checked my calendar twice AND THERE IS DEFINETLY NOTHING GOING ON THIS TUESDAY! I missed the last 3 races and I still cant comprehend why everthing Ive had to do the last 3 weeks was on a tuesday :mad::D

Im gonna be there for this one, I swear by the mother of acceleration and the holy saint of cornering grip!

• Like Like x 1
  14. To match this weekend's race, you should prolly set the weather to heavy fog with thunderstorms and hail, right? :p

15. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium Member

Tjx for tagged but Im on holidays with my familly and im out of racing.Im back on 11.06.2016

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

Yeah, setting the weather to realistic on this track can get quite extreme :D But we'll stick with clear conditions to have closer battles.

I haven't forgotten, but it's easier for me if I just keep your name in the tag list :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  17. The hail in this weekends 24 Hrs of Nurburgring was quite something. I wonder if it's ever before hailed for that race. It really was quite a lot of hail. :confused:
    EDIT: wait whuat? 24 Hrs of Nurburgring isn't an official WEC event? :O_o: How's that?

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  18. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium Member

Could I get a tentative sign up please Dennis? Hell week(s) when it comes to deadlines, but I'll try to make it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hi, not raced here before, would like to take one of the free slots pls.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

Hi Michael, your account will be upgraded by an admin in the next couple of days. Once that has happened you will be able to access the server password here. I you have any questions let me know :)

LMP1s are already struggling at Fuji every year because of the rain, so they would probably not survive the Nordschleife :D