AC GT3 @ Mugello - Sunday 26th of March 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Ekhm, so on the first post the time should already include that change.

Sort of, I just forgot about it last week when I was setting up the server, so I just left it that way this time around. Sorry for inconvenience. The event starts 1 hour later than before, next week is back to normal.

Ah **** you are right Eugene! I always screw up the clock changes!

So it's actually 19:30 in the UK, phew!

Thanks man, sorry for the panic :D

I often do too, hate the idea. You all right mate.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the race tonight, had a blast out on track in what was a tricky combo of the Lamborghini and Mugello :) Soooo should have put some practice in prior to the race!

Got a bit stressed out in practice trying to pretend I had a clue how to setup a car and proceeded to keep making things worse with every new move.. decided for quali to throw default back on and just take out some fuel which worked out surprisingly well with a very pleasant P5 on the grid. Had a solid start and after things settled down got myself into a great fight with @Enzo Fazzi for the final podium spot, which was working out great for a good 20 - 30 minutes until the guys behind caught us up and some fighting dropped me further down the field to P7 (aided by some grass cutting out in the wilds for a bit by me :) ). After that the car was pretty much finished for me, so it was a case of just hanging on until the end and bringing home a solid P7.

All in all some lovely racing and nice hard and clean fights. Thoroughly enjoyed myself, thanks guys!

Thank you to @Eugene Abramoff for setting up the event mate, top stuff.

Get yourselves signed up to next week's event at Nurburgring nice and early, let's have ourselves another nice full server :D

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gt3-nurburgring-gt-sunday-2nd-of-april-2017.133665/

Not sure what happened at the start, sure i was shifting up.
Down to p6, 1 lap later p3 +3,6 sec behind the leader and thats where i thought the story ends ...
Did not expect to match @BhZ times, i was surprised by my own pace.
@BhZ were you driving at your limit?
At one point i thought you were struggling but then you were able to push the car again without me gaining time.
Another amazing experience.

Did something like that too and finished last - with a lot of blue flags. O felt so lonely on the track. :cry: Going below 1:54 was impossible for me. But hey - it's another experience for a rookie like me, so maybe someday I'll hold the race pace.

I would like to help you, if you could upload 3-4 laps of you driving (no replay) to twitch/youtube and give me more infos, like how long you have been simracing, biggest struggle etc.
What car did you drive?

Not sure what happened at the start, sure i was shifting up.
Down to p6, 1 lap later p3 +3,6 sec behind the leader and thats where i thought the story ends ...
Did not expect to match @BhZ times, i was surprised by my own pace.
@BhZ were you driving at your limit?
At one point i thought you were struggling but then you were able to push the car again without me gaining time.
Another amazing experience.

The server setting didn't allow to shift gears until lights went off. Also these cars have clutch pedal that you need to use in order to get off the line, because if you don't, irl, you would stall, in AC you just loose all power. So basically you have to get it off the line like a manual car.
Clutch in, wait for lights off, put in gear, release clutch.

I would like to help you
Thanks! This week I'll be driving in Abarthy Party and Mighty Mazda cup where I don't have any problems to keep up with others. Finished 9th in Tatuus race. But GT3 is a little mystery for me.

So when I'll practice for the 2.04 race I'll send You my laps. I was watching You guys in practice and for sure the race line isn't a problem. Maybe I'm not driving aggresively enough. Will see. Thanks!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 164 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%