AC GT3 @ Mugello - Saturday February 13th 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Wow, i tried a few laps in the z4 - the first real laps at pace in AC - and i gotta say I like it.
A few questions before I commit to a premium account and perhaps tonights race:
- Is cockpit view mandatory? Because that makes a huge difference. If so, what are the field of view settings?
- The practise was done with all aids off except ABS. Is ABS allowed? I only noticed after running that this was on.
- What kind of laptimes are you guys doing? The standard mugello setup brought me to 1.58 after 4 laps.
- If you race online, how do you guys communicate? Do I head a headset or something?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to our clubs @jacktorrance!:thumbsup:

Answering your questions:

- Is cockpit view mandatory? Because that makes a huge difference. If so, what are the field of view settings?
It isn't mandatory. We have some of our drivers using cockpit and some of them using other cams. Whatever you prefer, you can use it. For FoV settings you can have a look at this site (project immersion FoV calculator. Just get a measuring tape, enter the data and the site will give your correct number, if there is a huge difference than what you have now, start lowering it gradually to get used to.

- The practise was done with all aids off except ABS. Is ABS allowed? I only noticed after running that this was on.
We allow factory assists in our clubs. So all the aids the car have in real life are allowed, in this case the GT3 have both TC and ABS, so you can use that if you want.

- What kind of laptimes are you guys doing? The standard mugello setup brought me to 1.58 after 4 laps.
First of all, don't worry about your pace. The point of the club races is having fun and gaining experience. I was 7 seconds off the pace when I started 1,5 years ago, now I'm about 1 sec off. If you need help learning driving skills we have our driving academy for premium members, where you can learn what you need on driving skills and I'm sure you will find lots of people willing ot help about specific tracks and setups.

- If you race online, how do you guys communicate? Do I head a headset or something?
We use Teamspeak3 software for that. Once you are a premium member you will have access to the password and address of our server and there is a guide on how to set it up.
A headset with mic isn't mandatory, but highly reccommended, as it is better for communication. You can also log into without a mic just to hear what is going on and type messages. I'm sure you will find some nice guys around there!

If you need any extra info, just ask;)

Welcome again and hope to see you on track,
Matheus Machado

Welcome to our clubs @jacktorrance!:thumbsup:

Answering your questions:

It isn't mandatory. We have some of our drivers using cockpit and some of them using other cams. Whatever you prefer, you can use it. For FoV settings you can have a look at this site (project immersion FoV calculator. Just get a measuring tape, enter the data and the site will give your correct number, if there is a huge difference than what you have now, start lowering it gradually to get used to.

We allow factory assists in our clubs. So all the aids the car have in real life are allowed, in this case the GT3 have both TC and ABS, so you can use that if you want.

First of all, don't worry about your pace. The point of the club races is having fun and gaining experience. I was 7 seconds off the pace when I started 1,5 years ago, now I'm about 1 sec off. If you need help learning driving skills we have our driving academy for premium members, where you can learn what you need on driving skills and I'm sure you will find lots of people willing ot help about specific tracks and setups.

We use Teamspeak3 software for that. Once you are a premium member you will have access to the password and address of our server and there is a guide on how to set it up.
A headset with mic isn't mandatory, but highly reccommended, as it is better for communication. You can also log into without a mic just to hear what is going on and type messages. I'm sure you will find some nice guys around there!

If you need any extra info, just ask;)

Welcome again and hope to see you on track,
Matheus Machado

Thanks so much! I think you can call me experienced enough - I did hundreds of laps in various sims on this track, I just like to know what kind of laptimes the top guys are doing. Fun is the biggest factor but surely beating eachother is a close 2nd? ;)

Despite knowing the track very well, I feel the vision from the cockpit is very poor. Maybe I have to get used to it a little more, or fiddle the settings. For now ill test with the outside cam.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back