AC GT3 @ Mugello - Saturday 31st October 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That really was one of the best races I've been involved in. So clean and fair between all drivers and basically a whole lot of fun!

@Sniper, I'm sorta glad you touched the grass cause I don't think I would have been able to pass you otherwise, too much straight line speed. At least I know now how you and @Casper took off at the start, you had only half the petrol I had!

Great race boys, look forward to more :D

Awesome race :D

That battle we had after your pitstop was epic @Chris Stacey! I knew you were faster overall, but lacked the straight-line speed. Tried my best to stay ahead somehow, worked for many laps :D. Unlucky that you ran out of fuel on the final meters. Also close call in the opening laps when I overshot in turn 1, was so lucky not to hit you there.

@SK our contact in the double right hander was ping related, I was driving ~2 car lengths behind you when your ping went from 340 to 356 and teleported you straight into me. Probably the worst spot for that to happen, saw you flying straight off and was lucky myself to keep it on the track.

1.jpg

Good race everyone.

The race kinda sucked for me though. I went slightly wide on T5, and although I didn't spin, I hit the inside wall and the damage was just too much to go on. That meant a slowish pitstop and then trying to go 27 laps on mediums. The tires weren't actually that bad at the end and were only down to 97%. Thing about screwing up early is that you are overly cautious afterwards and can never get back into the groove.

Qualifying sucked since I have yet to figure out the soft tires on the SCG. By the time I get to Arribbiata the rear left is ~115C and is like mush going around that turn. Then I lose grip and spin. Never got a good lap in for qualifying. I'm wondering if I had full TC going instead of the 9/12 I was running, that the TC may have prevented the back end from going out. May just say screw it and just keep TC on full in the future.

Hands down one of the best club races I've ever had! Great combo, great pace, great start & great racing :thumbsup: @Jeremy Talbot Impressive pass on the outside out of turn 1, I was a bit surprised by that :rolleyes: Shame you had that small mistake man, you had the pace to keep in front for sure :thumbsup:

Race seemed clean all through out the race so well done guys! Thanks @Chris Stacey & @Sniper for the event!!

@kedy89 I was using my personal Audi skin :)

GTMugelloo_zps4rit3h0m.jpg~original

Last edited:
Despite my result, the positives were I got down to 155.00 , bear in mind I'm taking sun and Chris advice, and adjusting nothing in set up, so straight out of standard, I'm sure if could understand the set up tweaks I'd squeeze a bit more, the track and cars are my Favorite, I took a new approch at mugello, and drove with much more aggression when entering corners, and spending time hitting apex, I knew I would be last, but I'm actually cool with that.. The race, well I was slowly dropping back, obviously, but was happy I kept people in view for a while, I made a bad mistake lap 9 , too early to pit, so carried on with lots damage, then pitted and slammed the wall head on :), lost a full lap in pit, the big Spin again chasing down Jack( lapped though).

After playing two full soccer games in 32 degrees, at Buderim international ,melchester rovers from Melbourne, and Canterbury fossils from nz, I was slowly falling asleep at wheel, and the second crash, was asleep :)

Agree the race was a good one though, thanks all.

@Jeremy Talbot Impressive pass on the outside out of turn 1, I was a bit surprised by that :rolleyes: Shame you had that small mistake man, you had the pace to keep in front for sure

Thanks Sun, I was a bit surprised myself! You had the run on me coming out of the last corner but I managed to get back in your draft and braked just that little bit later :ninja:
While gutted that I made that mistake which made me lose a few positions, as well as lots of time, there was no way I could have stayed with you anyway. You were nearly 2 seconds a lap faster than me!

Still I am stoked with second place. Totally thought I would have crashed or something, had just managed to make it in time for quali after getting up at 4:50 am, driving an hour to work, working for 15.5 hours and driving an hour home to jump on the pc at 10:45pm and do more driving :roflmao::roflmao: My last few laps I was pretty much away with the fairies...

Wow, great fun that was. First pole albeit artificial with @Sun Levi running race fuel etc. :notworthy: Got a good start and drove pretty consistently for the first stint. Probably my best work ever with the tyres in the first stint. Kept lap times pretty solid throughout before the tyre change. Great battle with @Sniper, really close clean racing. Awesome Audi mid turn speed nearly had me in his boot in the Arrabiata turns a few times. We made a nice little gap with our fuel strategy and then the bloody pit stop stuffed me again. All the work gone in the missed clicks on the mouse !!!
Came out with @Sniper @Jeremy Talbot and @Michael Stead on my hammer but they rounded me up pretty quickly on my cold tyres. Nice clean racing for the next couple of laps then I had a slight lose and dropped off 5 seconds to them. Had decent speed in the finishing laps and perhaps could have challenged if I hadn't dropped behind them. Couldn't bridge the gap though and ended up with a reasonable result.
Thanks @Chris Stacey and @Sniper for the race.
This combo was awesome. Are we totally against GT cars for a league. They seem to promote really good racing throughout the field on a regular basis:unsure:

No I'm not against it. It's just a significantly greater amount of work involved as a GT league is far more complex than anything we've run before especially considering AC's current limitations. But, see here.
Ok thanks. I assume you are meaning with multiple cars i.e. differing fuel consumption etc ??? If so does it make it easier if its a one make/model league??

If so does it make it easier if its a one make/model league??
Yes, but with a GT league we'd never do that. Spec series leagues are only good for open wheelers, where the performance is purely based on a driver's skill.

GT gets more complex with the balance of performance, much larger grids and longer races.

I was thinking the same thing after the last race. Seems that each car is suited to different tracks so it would actually mix it up quite a bit.

However I do like the single car league because as you say it's more about driver skill than car performance

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 487 39.1%