AC GT3 @ Mugello - Sat 7 Mar 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
As usual, thanks to @Akis for the organization and the results. That race was pretty enjoyable. I went for a single stint in hard tyres. They were predictable all race long, and did not wear that much, so that was nice. The track is a hard one in my opinion, it does not leave much room for mistakes. I did two or three escapades in the sand, which made me lose two or three spots... But I don't think I would have ended higher than I did, you guys in the front were so fast! :alien:

Hunter: @Costi Trandafir (avg gap to car in front 1.19 secs)
Hunted: @mancSLO (avg gap to car behind 1.80 secs)
I can confirm that! Most of the race I was battling with this group (and @Tasos Olympou too) with a gap constantly under two seconds. By the way, thanks to @Costi Trandafir in the last laps for that fair battle, my heart was racing (no pun intended) under your pressure! ;)

I tried the SLS today, because I liked its stability. Too bad the tool used for the consistency calculations is not the one from the simresults.net one, I would have been leading the charts somewhere today. :whistling:

I'd like to emphasize the fact that the race was mosly incident free (from what I saw, at least). Thanks to the lapped cars that did a great job too (@Andrew Harper and @Coen). Even if you gave me a heart attack when you span in front of me, @Coen! ;)

Anyway, i'm going to post the first half of the replay in some hours if somebody want it.
It's always cool to see our great driving skills on TV. :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys. Awesome race. My first ever endurance race and my 1st pitstop.

Really enjoyed my first race on assetto corsa and happy to have finished 11th after starting 19th had some good battles along the way look forward to having many more races with you guys :)

@Jim Liak @Craig Patteson I'm also pretty new on these RD races, I like the way they go and the community around here. Hope to see you guys soon on the track, even more confortable. :)

Gave the MP4 a try tonight. It has been like 7 months since I tried the MP4 @ Mugello so It was going to be interesting. I was happy that I hopped for spots (to 12th) in qualifying with an under the wire lap.

Unfortunately I was again a car magnet in the first two turns. Bumped into T1 and then taken out in T2 by the same person. At the time I thought I might have been sliding into traffic, but after looking at the video I captured, other than running onto the grass, I would have been punted no matter what.

With wing damage and cold tires, I quickly spun again and wasn't sure if I should hit the pits to get the damage fixed or if I should stay out until the mediums gave out. I stayed out and turned a bunch of 1:51 laps, but after a spin at around the 23rd lap I went in for new tyres and fix the wings. It took forever for the wings to get fixed though. When I came out I turned some laps in the 1:49 range.

The race was kinda lonely at the back of the pack. I did end up having a 2 lap battle with @Craig Patteson that was fun. I still need to learn how to get pass better :) Thought I could get by him on the front straight but he must have had a lower wing. Finished at the back of the pack but I did need the experience though.

Wow....my hands are never that active on the wheel when driving. Guess that is one of the reasons I am not an alien :). I try to be smooth, but I guess smooth doesn't help you get the max grip out of the tyres.
From what I learned on Earth you've got to try to be as smooth as possible, but when driving at the edge of tires' grip corrections are necessary.

Wow....my hands are never that active on the wheel when driving. Guess that is one of the reasons I am not an alien :). I try to be smooth, but I guess smooth doesn't help you get the max grip out of the tyres.

You dont need to be that active on the wheel, depends on the driver.

Usually RFactor 1 drivers drive like that because they are used to the FFB of Rfactor.

@Mitja Bonca, I've take a look at the replay and saw that your car was slightly wrapping back and forth (not really matter who's connection nor matrix troubles).
The point is that I usually try to keep my mouth shut except to give helpfull informations regarding the race... and I would have to stick to this other golden rule ;).
Good driving and race:thumbsup: !

Thx all for the race, and especially to our local Bernie... @Akis ;)
See you next.

PS: Medium lasted quite nicely with the Z4 : 97% after 33 laps .
Yes, I know, my internet conn. isn`t so perfect, but that my ISP`s issue. Sometimes its good sometimes its not. I cannot do anything. But I am aware of that, and thats why I try to stay away of wheel to wheel battles.
Else the race was pretty good, I enjoyed every moment. The only thing that I was looking for and didnt get it, is that Akis spun just infront of me. I was looking for into the battle for the 1st position, but he somehow just gave me as a present the leading position.
Else nice and clean race from all you guys. I love racing here.

Akis and Mitja your drive is impressive and your laps is fast and constant many compliments ...i need yuo in my car for my strategy.;) ah ah ah

Henri i like your reply and the sound of your Z4...sry for touch you in the S .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow @Henri Sinik , that is some serious fight with the wheel and also do you really have all those apps? I want also but my pc struggles with many apps.

Also guys i need your opinion. Just saw the replay (thanks @Matheus Machado )

I had a contact with @Marc Brockmeyer on lap 4 (i think) on 2nd turn and i want to know if i did something wrong.
I managed to pass him on main straight, then on brakes he brakes late. I give him space(thanks to helicorsa), so he pass me again. But i had a better line so on next left turn i had more speed than him. While on apex of 2nd turn, my car was on left side of him about half a car length behind and i kept my car as left as possible expecting that he will give me space.
But that wasn't enough so i touch him and we both span.
He shouted that i should continue and so i did but i need to know. Thanks and sorry if it was my mistake.

@Jim Liak these things can happen in wheel to wheel racing :) If I were you and didn't know the driver in front well enough, I'd 100% brake just to play it safe. You cannot be 100% sure that the other driver won't misjudge the space he leaves for you. I'm sure @Marc didn't want to shut the door.

edit: seeing the replay again, your cars weren't overlapping before the braking phase. Thus Marc was owning the inside of the next corner. You should have lifted off.
braking.jpg

It's so easy to judge when I'm comfortably drinking my coffee and watching the replay in slow motion :D

By the way I want to thank @Matheus Machado for sending the first laps replay. I had my own sneaky Camera Car (its driver shall remain nameless!!) in the server too, but I wasn't sure he was in during the race.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 142 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%