AC GT3 @ Monza - Sunday January 29th 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Why, is it difficult to keep fronts warm, or rears in the right temperature range?
Easy to overheat the rears with the throttle, and then it's slippery slope (pun intentional) to accelerating tyre wear, as you slide even more with less grip... The GT3 softs are good from 60 degC, and the fronts stay there easily with the Porker. It's actually very hard to overheat the fronts with this car. It's always about not overheating the rears.

Also I agree on the softs over meds. They are the bettter tire whenever you can run them.

Reactions: Si
I was on softs too and they were dead by the end of the race. I already started to struggle around 3 laps before the finish line and almost lost my position (was going up from 13th to 7th) :). What wing settings were you guys using on the 911 and did you tweak for a soft or hard setup? My setup felt kind of slow compared to the Huracans and GTRs. I think Vmax was around 273 kph. Too bad I only had about two hours to get a setup complete. :unsure: Even did some changes to the car after qualification and before the race. :D

I've seen some heavy crashes, like the one with the leaders before the first chicane (what happend?) but was able to avoid tricky situations. Overall I enjoyed the race. Thanks everyone and see you soon. :thumbsup:

I was using wing 1 on the Lambo and was getting to about 281 kph on the straight but the car had damage so was probably slower than normal.

Not sure what happened at the start. I got a good start from 3rd and got along side the Pole Porsche heading to the first corner:-

Anyway, I managed to recover to 2nd place so no worries :thumbsup:.

I was using wing 1 on the Lambo and was getting to about 281 kph on the straight but the car had damage so was probably slower than normal.

Not sure what happened at the start. I got a good start from 3rd and got along side the Pole Porsche heading to the first corner:-

Anyway, I managed to recover to 2nd place so no worries :thumbsup:.
What happened was I tried to move to the inside line in order to defend the position.. As you can see, you slammed the brakes on at ~150 meters, as one would on a flying lap. But on the first lap, with the standing start, I thought you would go way deeper, and so I hit you in the rear.

One could argue I moved in the braking zone, someone else could say I moved way before it.. Glad to hear your race wasn't ruined :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 235 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.2%