AC GT3 @ Monza Friday 28th November 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Try to keep two wheels within track limits at all times! They are the standard rules. Where is there cutting opportunitys? ascari?
Turn 1 = first sausage curb (orange one)
Turn 3-4(2nd chicane) = little sausage and big sausage curb
Lesmo1-lesmo2 = exit curbs
Ascari = 1st apex, 2nd apex, 3rd apex and the exit curb

In short, every single corner apart from Parabolica! That's why a gain is almost a second in such short period.

looks like im going to have to watch the replay file closely then!
@Niki Đaković would you mind recording a video of a 'illegal' lap that doesn't bring up the 5sec penalty and posting it here.

great! thanks for vid!

turn 1 and 2....fine.
Turn 3-4(2nd chicane) totally illegal
lesmo 1 and 2.....borderline....but acceptable!
ascari....illegal!

Its true for me, too (SLS Soft).
With: ~1:46,6-1:47
Without: 1:45,8-1:46,2
This video that Tobias has posted is of your 1:46.5 lap. That is with 5 sec penalty on. With 5 sec penalty off I don't know where else you go cutting and do this 1:45.8, but we are talking about the 2 wheels insider or on white line as a limit of the road (that means tarmac), which then makes any 46 beyond impossible (no cutting inside orange sausage curbs either bcos u need to keep inside wheels on tarmac). Low 47 on soft tires is also highly suspicious. Edit: I barely managed a 47 at all with soft tires and sls is only marginally quicker. Also stability control is not allowed unlike the RSR.

Thank you Simon for acting quick and adressing the potential problem.
I know it's a lot of work, but you guys have a great reputation. :)

Last edited:
So we will just trust people that they don't cut?

well what else can I do?

Surely if you were about to cut and some one behind you saw it, you would be ashamed if you got called out by it on ts!

Then it would have to be investigated by admin (me) and they would probably get banned!

well what else can I do?

Surely if you were about to cut and some one behind you saw it, you would be ashamed if you got called out by it on ts!

Then it would have to be investigated by admin (me) and they would probably get banned!
IMO there shouldn't be any extra rules about cutting, in Spa for example there were a couple of spots you could "illegally" cut and not get a penalty like Eau Rouge. Why should we now make extra rules when we haven't had them before and nobody complained? I mean, we all have the possibility to cut so it's not really unfair in any way. Because just trusting that people won't cut anywhere is rather unreliable... Though if others agree with Simon, then it's fine to have extra rules, and I'll go with them.

Though if others agree with Simon, then it's fine to have extra rules, and I'll go with them.

These are NOT extra rules!

please read Racing Club Rules: click here** point 7 specifically is about cutting.

In general ALL racing website clubs/leagues use the two wheel rule so its nothing new!

So can we please all conduct ourselves in the manner that we signed up for in applying for a licence!

Does AC have slipstream now? It's been ages now since I last raced it. If not there's no point racing Monza :p

Looking forward to this race a bit more now! Was getting crappy times but managed to find an old setup on here, tweaked it a bit and now getting some times I'm pretty happy with (at least for my level :D).

Edit: Any chance we could get the 24/7 server set up to practice for this at any point before Friday?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back