rF2 GT3 @ Montreal - Friday November 4th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Terribly sorry I've missed it :(. Not used to racing on Fridays. But I still want to try those cars in an RD club race. Will do everything not to sign up and not show up again, sorry again.

Hope you had mad fun though.

Race 1 was lag lag lag lag all the way, so I left and adjusted all my settings to min. Was involved in a heavy shunt at the start of race 2, and lost the splitter. Fixed this in the pits, but the distance up was too big, and the car never really became itself again after this.

Too bad to end the run in these cars like this, but there goes... Thanks for all the effort for creating fun for us, it is a really nice way to spend a friday evening :)

First of all congrats all finishers.Two nice races in Race 1 someone spun at start front me:) and so I had to wait no damage car but lost all drivers in front of me so i did an alone race until last laps when i meet Francesco and in last lap at hairpin brake too late so him pass me,in Race2 first laps fun and clean battles with Francesco (again):) but in T3 brake and blocked front wheels so go on grass cut the track and ( rules:good:)I lift my feet, Francesco pass me after I push hard for catch him but I learn one thing there are some kurbs that is better dont touch:D lost car 2 time:frown: and 20sec but finish in 4th like in quali first time for me 2nd row at start.

Congratulations to podium and Thanks Lee and RD for event

So they have... Didn't use it as I didn't want to change before the races.

Q1: Joined 1 minute before the end to hastily put a lame set together.

R1: Managed to slalom my way around some cars and went up to 6th. It became P4 a bit later, before I spun and dropped to 6th again.

Just as I had caught Francesco and Omer, he tapped the back of his Ferrari and they spun at the same place as me, thus I was handed P4 again which I kept until the the finish line, close to Tommi who had a little problem at the last chicane:tongue:(I watched the replay).

Q2: Changed some settings, and astonished myself to get pole, although the R1 winner had left, and several fast guys were in the pack.

R2: Lost the lead to Rocket-Tommi, and we got away from everyone quickly to settle for a 4s gap between us. Tommi lost it and spun, I narrowly avoided him to get into the lead.

He then nearly took me out at the hairpin as he braked even later than me, and the cars are sensible under braking(or my brake bias are bad).

Just as he had passed me on the back straight a lap later, he spun after the last chicane and called it a day:frown:

But I wasn't getting lonely as the Alpina of Balazs had caught up meanwhile, and we started battling with about 3 laps to go.

I spun into T1, quickly spun it around as Balazs let me stay in P1, although he could have taken it there.

I was driving carefully then, braking early as I felt my tyres somehow wearing out, and we braked late for the hairpin again, resulting in a half-spin for Balazs.

He got right up to me when I went half-off in T1, and we went bumper to bumper the next turns. Nearly side by side, we entered the last chicane, when Balazs went alongside me for a photo-finish, I kept the lead and win with just 0.047s!!!

Thanks for that battle to Balazs, he was very gentlemanly at times and deserved the win with a 1:39.0 when I just managed 1:40.0!

Lucky win, I take it gladly though:D

Thanks for the racing guys, see you soon, hopefully.

Q: I haven't made a good quali, the times i did didn't matched my best times in the practice, although i was able to put me in 8º (i think)

R1: At the start i got involved in an incident ( sorry for that, but i didn't had time to brake), which fortunately didn't cause too much damage to my car and i was able to proceed, the rest of the race went whitout any incidents.

R2: This time i did a clean start and i was able to keep up whit the guys in front of me during the first lap, after that i dropped back and kept there until the end of the race.

Congratulations to those who finished, especially for the podium ;)

Sorry guys for missing 2nd race. Qualy and 1st race have been a pleasure. Seeing Balazs Kiss in my mirror always caught my attention. Thx to all you who keep up with rfactor. Believe it or not, that was my first RDClub-Event in rFactor. *g*

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%