AC GT3 @ Magione - Wed 4 June 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I haven't had time to get on the sim since we raced Sunday. I need some setups practice time. Wish I could join in on @Chris Stacey practice session but I don't get off of work till 6:45 pm and have at worse at 35 - 40 minute drive home.

Last edited:
Awesome :)

How about 60 minutes before the booking time begins? And I can spend an hour with you to run you through setting up GT cars, and more specifically setting them up for Magione, which is a b*tch of a circuit! ahah

@Chris Stacey I'd like to get in on this lession too if your not feeling too intimidated by the growing class size haha. As long as im able to get on in time that is....

@Keith Griffall I gave your setups a try and I really cant get the hang of the BMW. I'm still half a sec slower than with the McLaren. I have a feeling I cant hit my spots right because of the view from the BMW. I was tweaking some things on the McLaren and feel a little more comfortable with it and had been doing more consistent times. The tweaks were with gearing though. Now if I can find a tad more grip...

Weird thing (this happened to me the last race), I was doing the tweaking with the car on Mediums + ~10laps of fuel. I then gave things a shot with slicks + less fuel and couldn't improve.

@Michael Hornbuckle I will probably be on TS an hr or so before the booking period starts, did you want to start up a server so we could talk about setups and do some practice laps and such?

@Fred Locklear

"Weird thing (this happened to me the last race), I was doing the tweaking with the car on Mediums + ~10laps of fuel. I then gave things a shot with slicks + less fuel and couldn't improve."

Their both slicks lol! Just giving you crap man!

@Michael Hornbuckle I gave @Chris Stacey a message to see if he can launch the server for practice later. Not sure if I will have the time to do both since I will be driving still.

@Fred Locklear Not a problem. After @Michael Hornbuckle said the McLaren was more agile (or something like that) I gave it a try and it does drive very nicely on this track. I'm still looking for more consistency at the moment so sticking with one car, but that certainly doesn't mean it is better! Your lap times on RSR with the McLaren were pretty darn fast if you ask me. If the Euro server is a lot faster that is usually because they are just much better drivers than I am. I guess we will see tonight but the best part is that hotlaps and racing aren't very much the same. I can't begin to match the speed of some of you yet but staying on the track and getting a good line does pretty well in racing it seems. Still learning to online race, but it is great fun so that is what I am looking for.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 220 14.2%