AC GT3 @ Imola - Wednesday February 10th 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
THX @D_Moriarty for the nice and fair fight!
Yeah, it was really good, I've just checked the replay :) My race in one shot:
Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_imola_11-2-116-15-29-49.jpg

"@monsieurjackb vanished again :rolleyes: but I won't let you go that easy :D This race at Road America was still one of my best :)" @Herbie

I have disappeared again :( definitely one of my best too no doubt about that..I've just struggled to find time for races recently :cry: but definitely keep up the tags herbie please :) sooner or later my evenings will match up with race times :thumbsup::thumbsup:

until lap 20, when some very low flying objects tried to enforce their god-given right for a free track

I'm not sure is that a some kind of hint that I did something wrong or that I was somehow arrogant in that situation:confused:.

50skAC2.gif

First I tried outside but you hold your line, then I tried to pass you at straight and you did that unexpected and unnecessary move to the left:O_o: I really didn't expect that. I wouldn't do anything differently;)

I'm not sure is that a some kind of hint that I did something wrong or that I was somehow arrogant in that situation:confused:.

First I tried outside but you hold your line, then I tried to pass you at straight and you did that unexpected and unnecessary move to the left:O_o: I really didn't expect that. I wouldn't do anything differently;)

Well ... there are many areas to pass a blueflagged car in Imola, the Tamburello Chicane definitely isn't one of those! Inside the chicane there's no way to leave the line, therefore it's useless to try to pass there. At the exit I tried to stay as far as possible to the right until I ran out of curbs. With two wheels in the grass it then made the "unnecessary move" to the left, when I got grip again back on the tarmac. We made contact then and you sent me spinning to the left. You were a bit unfortunate to hit the fence at that specific spot :O_o:
But seriously: Blue Flag or not ... Please just don't try to force your way through the field! I'll let anyone pass under blue flag as soon as possible, but definitely not sooner! My race was also wasted after that scene ... .. long talk no sense .. Don't mess with Godzilla ... unless you're King Kong!! ;) ...

However, looking forward being lapped by you in the next race :)

Well ... there are many areas to pass a blueflagged car in Imola, the Tamburello Chicane definitely isn't one of those! Inside the chicane there's no way to leave the line, therefore it's useless to try to pass there.
I drove 20 laps almost glued to Geoff's rear bumber and trying to find place to pass him, there were only two laps to go so no way I settle down, let leader get away and wait better place to owertake a lapped car, because what's better place to do that than corner exit and start of the straight line;) I didn't try to pass you at the chicane but after that. To be more accurate, I tried to pick as much speed as possible to that straight and therefore I almost came side of you already at the corner, but when that didn't work I back down a little, let you drive your line and make my move at the straight.

But seriously: Blue Flag or not ... Please just don't try to force your way through the field! I'll let anyone pass under blue flag as soon as possible, but definitely not sooner! My race was also wasted after that scene
It's not an excuse but it's always a surprise how much there is speed difference when you reach a lapped car, therefore it might feel that we force our way almost through you, but please tell me where in that situation I did that so I can do things differently in the future, because I don't see anything wrong there.;)

Although this discussion is quite pointless, I think you should have taken Rami's line and both of you would have passed without problems ;) Now let's forget about it and both of us will do better next time, alright?! :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%