AC GT3 @ Imola - Wed 28 May 2014 (PDT)

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Woah! That was very strange :\

Sorry about my car jumping around a bit. It must be difficult to race against.
I hope Kunos can improve the netcode enough so that higher pings won't be so negatively affected.
With a ping of around 390 I was surprised you weren't warping even worse - most were around 120-150.

Hmm, maybe that's why you were fast, your tires weren't wearing from lack of contact with the tarmac :laugh:

Yeah, there were a few incidents that can be chalked up to net-code/lag/high-ping but, it was a great experience anyway being in a club-race environment. Of course, it's the nature of things in racing to push it right to the edge at times. Those of us with less experience may not know where that edge exists. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

@Saleem Hodge @Chris Stacey

So since I ducked out early, I still have the first 2 laps in my replay folder, and managed to snag the bump between Chris and I. I'll chalk it up to lag and the still very buggy collision system. Not the end of the world though, there's always next time. :thumbsup:

P.S. If anyone else had anything in the first 2 laps that they'd like to see, let me know, and I'll do my best to get a video of it up.

Yo man! I'm actually really curious about what happened with me at the very beginning... could you upload the accident that saw me involved?
That would be great... (possibly with the wingman view of the car behind me so I can see a bit more of the surroundings)
THANKSS!!

Actually that could make a really interesting dynamic.
If the fastest guys drove the Lotus GTC, and the slower guys drove GT3's.

It could make for some pretty epic racing :)

Set like a benchmark time or something, and anyone who gets within a certain percentage of it has to drive the Lotus.

In that caseI I don't need the gt3 I need to drive the exos s1 to keep up with you!!:D

Yo man! I'm actually really curious about what happened with me at the very beginning... could you upload the accident that saw me involved?
That would be great... (possibly with the wingman view of the car behind me so I can see a bit more of the surroundings)
THANKSS!!

I would like to know also. I have a feeling I drifted too far right at the start, but would like to know for sure.

I'm going to try out that spotter app, if only to remind me that there may be someone besides me

I've just finished to watch at the video uploaded by @Joao M Alves and I've seen he got a mechanical failure after the crash (broken wheel).
That means the server was running with this feature enable, correct? I'm asking this as it didn't seem to me to have had any problem during my driving after the accident but I did hit a wall (if I remember well)...

I was spun and hit the wall in the first lap incident but, had no damage at all. Things happened fast so I don't recall how hard the hit was.

THANKSS!!
Yeah, I can toss a video up. I'll be at my PC with the files on it later tonight.

I've just finished to watch at the video uploaded by @Joao M Alves and I've seen he got a mechanical failure after the crash (broken wheel).
That means the server was running with this feature enable, correct? I'm asking this as it didn't seem to me to have had any problem during my driving after the accident but I did hit a wall (if I remember well)...
No, AC doesn't have chassis damage modeled yet. The wheel breaking off and folding inside is a glitch that's existed for a little while.

Thanks Joao, I had a feeling that I drifted to the right and that confirms it. Sorry about that Emilio :(

Joao, what keys do you use to get those different views you have in your videos. I'm thinking there are key combinations I haven't found yet.

Chris, I probably should have been more left. Its hard to remember what is going through my mind at the point, but I am pretty sure that I just totally forgot that there was someone on my right. Too busy concentrating on what is going on in front of me.

Wish I had triple screens to have a better situational awareness. I'm pretty sure that even though Emilio was ahead on the right, he wasn't visible in my FOV. My first grid start on the track, so it is something I still need to keep in mind in the future.

Thanks Joao, I had a feeling that I drifted to the right and that confirms it. Sorry about that Emilio :(

Yo man! No worries at all! As Chris is saying it's just a combination of things. I actually enjoyed the race despite the accident.

I'm pretty sure that even though Emilio was ahead on the right, he wasn't visible in my FOV.

Actually I saw the anxious red arrow on my left and tried to glance behind and left but I couldn't see you... so I assume you were in my blind spot when doing that...

Anyway I was forced to leave the event shortly after cause of a "domestic problem" (as posted above)! :D But considering this was my very first club race, it has been really cool!

I just wish Kunos could fix/improve the replay size so we would be able to have entire races like this one once and for all... :(

Looking forward to race with you again soon... actually it's gonna be tomorrow!;)

@Joao M Alves Man, thank you so much for the video and for your time!

Last edited:
Its been a couple of years since I have used it, but I just dug out my TrackIR3 and going to see how it works in the game. If it works well, it will help on my situational awareness and maybe help me hit apexes a little bit better.

It will probably be better than searching for the look left/right buttons on my wheel.

• Deleted member 151827

Its been a couple of years since I have used it, but I just dug out my TrackIR3 and going to see how it works in the game. If it works well, it will help on my situational awareness and maybe help me hit apexes a little bit better.

It will probably be better than searching for the look left/right buttons on my wheel.
I still cannot figure out what the big deal is for Kunos to code proper button\stick configurations? I mean, this is the only game i cannot map the look left, right and back to my left stick on my csw. :confused:

Thanks for the replay Joao, I was a little concerned that my high-ping might have contributed somehow but, if it did - it was with spun cars false location making it impossible for me to avoid. Rough start for a few of us but, it was great fun battling my way forward.

Regarding situational awareness, it'll be interesting to see how the Oculus Rift works in such cases.

Glad you guys like the video. And to anyone that wants to know how to setup the camera like in my 2 videos:

• Follow this file path- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa Or where ever your AC is installed to.
  • Now, from there, navigate over to- \assettocorsa\system\cfg
  • Find the file labeled- camera_onboard_free and open it in notepad.
  • At the very bottom of the now open file, you should see SPHERICAL_COORDS=1. Change that 1 to a 0. Save the file and close all windows.
  • Now go into AC and once loaded, hit F5. You can now pan around using W,A,S,D and the mouse while holing left click.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%