AC GT3 @ Imola - Friday 27 March 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Another race that was enjoyable but frustrating. Frustrating that me and perhaps a few others, are just moving chicanes to overtake. Starting to get a bit peed off with just being a back marker all the time.:(:notworthy::notworthy: Might just go back to offline play.

Yes, that's all we seem to be here for. :rolleyes:

I totally understand what you mean, and I think we've all been there once. I hope you'll get confortable someday in multiplayer events, because racing offline against the AI as they are now is not the greatest expericence...

I remember a thread where you suggested a club for the "lesser skilled" drivers. Even if it's maybe not logistically easy to set up, I think that the idea is good. And even if I know that the Club Racing is not about winning, it's still frustrating to be slower or off the pace (when you can't be racing or having fun battling for positions). But at least, given the amount of races you've signed up for so far, we can't say that you're giving up easily. ;)

Another day, another race ruined by Assetto Corsa.
Really really competitive grid and qually and a huge lag spike cost me (and Tomi) our races, and with their in-genius penalty system, I got DQ'd for lagging through the chicane.

@Ross Balfour, I might have had the same problem, but I need some precisions. Do you know whether it is a computer related problem (GPU or CPU causing huge FPS drops or freezes) or a connection issue (ping going very high for a few seconds)?

Anyway, I lost a lot of spots during my first laps, trying to be careful, and I got a penalty in the chicane (turn 11). But, after that, I found myself in a great group (@IRobot, @Hristo Milushev, and then @EireGreen™), and had some awesome racing moments! It was great knowing we could race fair with everyone letting room for each other. This, is simracing. :thumbsup:
By the way, apologies to @EireGreen™ about the little contact in turn 1 when I braked a bit late, I hope your car didn't get any damage...

Thanks to @Mid-pack Jack, @Beikirch, and @Coen for nailing the job when lapped.

Not the best result for me, but one of the best races I had so far! See you for the next one. :)
No problem Charles, that happens.Side by Side,Real and fair SimRacing.:thumbsup:
Greets!

Well it was a very fun first half of the race! We had great battle with @Nasos Charalampou who was about 1s behind me for 12-13 laps and had my mirrors full of his GTR.
Had @Mitja Bonca just ahead and was trying to close the gap but looking too much in the mirror didn't help my case and Mitja was pulling away. Sadly, we got together with Nasos and I got rear damage so had to pit and that was the end of the close racing for me. The second half of the race I was pretty much lapping alone and the only fight I had was with @Tomi Manninen but me being on a fresh set of tires really decided the fight quickly.

Overall mixed feelings about my pace but the first 13 laps were a blast! :thumbsup:
@Akis thanks for organizing it!

What a great race @Galin Dimov while it lasted.

I tried to be on your toes and for 12-13 laps i was close but a mental lapse caused me to hit you -i was checking my tyre % on my tablet and thought that our speed would be as usual but that wasnt the case-.

Sorry for that cause if it were not for the damage i believe it would have been a 30 laps qual pace between us. -the hit from my pov wasnt that severe (it felt like a little push) so i was puzzled to see you pitting-.

Sorry again.

As for my race,i wasnt able to make the front end have any grip -i think having less than 10 laps of practise might be at fault :) - but all in all it was fun.

The oxymoron highlight of the race was the last lap coming together of me and a lapped car which spun trying to avoid another spun car lol.

As for the ''moving chicanes'' discussion we all were more or less the same.Also keep in mind that some of us have raced a lot aka years, to get comfortable racing close and trying to be fair -giving room and not making stupid banzai moves-.Kudos to all the lapped cars.

Thanks for organizing the race @Akis.

@Ross Balfour, I might have had the same problem, but I need some precisions. Do you know whether it is a computer related problem (GPU or CPU causing huge FPS drops or freezes) or a connection issue (ping going very high for a few seconds)?

It's not a connection issue, as my PING is solid and doesn't change, meaning it must be a GPU issue. But my GPU is brand new, and the issues never happened before v1.1, making me think it's an Assetto issue.

It's not a connection issue, as my PING is solid and doesn't change, meaning it must be a GPU issue. But my GPU is brand new, and the issues never happened before v1.1, making me think it's an Assetto issue.

OK. Then, I feel you, because I think I had the exact same problem. Like you, my ping is pretty good, my GPU is pretty decent, and things were OK before the 1.1 update. Whether you call it "lag spiking", "random FPS drops", "image stuttering": you see your screen freezing, and when it refreshes again it's often too late, and some sh*t has happened. That's it, right?

@Akis told me to remove some apps, especially the most consuming ones (OV1, F1 HUD,...). It helped for sure, but the heart of the problem is somemwhere else. I uninstalled the game and all the apps, ran the lowest settings I could... and the freezes kept appearing when other cars were on the track.

I have an nVidia video card, and I did some researches. I tweaked almost everything that could be tweaked. But most elements seems to have zero infuence on the problem. However, some general adjustments kinda worked for me (I can't say if it will work for you):
  • In the nVidia control panel
    • enable the tripple buffering (last line)
    • only allow one pre rendered frame
    • enable the adaptive vsync
  • In Assetto Corsa
    • disable the vsync (yes, disable)
    • limit the framerate (to 50, 60,...)
The problem won't go away, but it will be reduced so that the game becomes playable again (the stutters will be much shorter). Not the best solution, but we'll have to wait for Kunos to actually fix the problem... :(

Was sitting kind of alright at the back of the field (I hate Imola) and managed to scrape up a couple of places through some bumps and mistakes up ahead, i think it was between lap 3 and 5 when i had a coming together with @Beikirch (I think, apologies if i'm wrong) when he came flying down the inside, i think he clipped the inside curb doing so sending his car slamming into the side of mine pretty much rendering the car undrivable and ending my race.
Pure racing accident and no bad intentions meant i'm sure but with the way i was driving it was probably better i took an early bath.
Looking forward to seeing you all on track soon :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back