1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU GT3 Endurance @ Paul Ricard - Fri 19 June 2015

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Nox, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Mod: Ferrari F430 Vs. Porsche 997 RSR (Download)
    + Improved Lights Download
    Paul Ricard (Le Castellet) (Download) - GT Layout

This weekend is the Blancpain Endurance 6 hour race at Paul Ricard! Get into the perfect mood with our own endurance race in the same format.

Practice: 18:00 GMT
    Quali: 18:20 GMT (20 minutes)
    Warm-up: 18:40 (3 minutes)
    Race: 18:45 GMT approx - 80 Minutes (+1 Lap) 1 Pit Stop Mandatory to change at least 2 tyres! You'll probably have to refuel too.

Tyre Wear & Fuel Consumption: Normal
    Time Scale: x5
    Start: Rolling! Follow the pace car around the lap, no weaving, no overtaking, maintain your speed. This is because the start grid is very tight.
    Assists: As in real life, ABS and TC will be available (on low)

Special Notes
    Time scale will be x5, which means in an 80 minute race, the game will simulate an entire 6 hours. Assign a button to your headlights, it will get dark towards the end. In game start time 17:00. If after further testing it is considered too difficult to race at night, I will move the start time ahead a little bit. If there aren't enough sign ups, we will reduce the length of the race. Please sign up early and tag your friends so we can make this a great event.

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification.

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

Example of track limits for a track.

This race is for premium members only. For information on how we run our clubs, see here. You can upgrade your account here. Places in the race will be assigned on a first come first serve basis.
    1. Andrew James
    2. Franklin Stegink
    3. Frank van Oeveren
    4. Dennis Phelan
    5. Jörn Horbelt
    6. Raphael Zanardi
    7. Theo van den Brink
    8. Warren Schembri
    9. Alessandro Dalledonne
    10. Tal Segal
    11. Yuri Kasdorp
    12. Joshua Vorderman
    13. Mark "Big IF" Breslin
    14. Alex Parker
    15. Sam Hill
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
    26. Driver
    27. Driver
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2015
  2. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium Member

Sign me in with the Porsche @Nox
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JeffL

Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

Maybe I can a beat this Paul Ricard guy, sign me up:)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Frank

Administrator Staff Premium Member

Never driven the track, but I'll give it a try.
  5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

GT, PR or SH layout of this track?
    Count me in as well.
  6. Nox

Staff Premium Member

GT Layout; sorry, I thought I'd added that info, my bad! Corrected now.
  7. bömii

Premium Member

sign me up as well
  8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

This tack might be a bit better at night, the blue areas around the track appear to show more of the surrounding areas, showing more of what's to come than Le Mans did. I haven't tested into darkness yet but despite the tracks own difficulties, it's looking good.
  9. I try to be there.

About racing at night I looked at it and made the Radius for both cars a bit greather so now it should be much easier to drive at night.

View attachment 96085

<mod edit: I uploaded your mod under your name to the download section, please don't use external links>
  10. *
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Thanks Raphael, I'll definitely test that out!
  12. ARG1980

Copenhagen APEX Premium Member

I am in
  13. Theo van den Brink

Theo van den Brink
    tyzje Premium Member

In please!?
  14. Frank

Administrator Staff Premium Member

15. Nox

Staff Premium Member

I'll test the new headlights and hopefully we'll use 'em. Race start 17:00 in game, ending 23:00 in game, so we'll drive into the night. Makes you wonder if it was this easy to fix the lights why Reiza haven't done it. But happy to have this anyway.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Tal

Premium Member

I thought this fix is for the mod, not the game itself?
  17. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Yes, but I assume something similar would fix the default cars too. I might be wrong.
  18. Nox

Staff Premium Member

@Raphael Zanardi 's new and improved lights work perfectly! Thanks Raphael!!

Please go download it if you haven't already done so. We'll be driving into the night!

(Also, avoid the cones at all costs, they are solid walls :D)
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

I got curious about this event and the improved lights and I had a blast last night. Great mod/track combo. Very much fun to play with the curbs. The lighting is good enough to drive fast but doesn't give the impression of being unrealistic bright. Well done @Raphael Zanardi! Hope it's possible to make it available for other cars (any?).

The track isn't very hardware consuming, so even on my weak PC I was able to have some fun with the AI when driving from dawn into the night. After a while I recorded my fastest lap live. Will upload lap and setup later when getting home...