AC GT3 @ Donington Grand Prix - Fri 20 June 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Good race guys. No contact for me again -> progress!

@Jason Semerau were you in ts during the race? You didn't seem to react to voice.

My Damn TS had some kind of Teamspeak.exe fatal error. Not enough time to try to reboot and reconnect.
Had a tough time too with my dang setup too..
:(
Was very unhappy.
However, it was nice to see a good field! Lots of tight lap times.
Hope to run a CLEANER race with you guys next time.
J

My Damn TS had some kind of Teamspeak.exe fatal error. Not enough time to try to reboot and reconnect.
Had a tough time too with my dang setup too..
:(
Was very unhappy.
However, it was nice to see a good field! Lots of tight lap times.
Hope to run a CLEANER race with you guys next time.
J
k, Jason. I've just had a look at the replay, you really need to pay attention to: letting faster cars overtake you (lapping), being more carefull when you rejoin the track - You and Akis almost had a collision on lap 16 and you and Tony on lap 15

Last edited:
TS is essential for these races and paying attention when being lapped. I'm not the fastest of racers but on a couple of occasions I've been quick enough to lap other racers on some of these RD events.
Most of the time you guys know you are being lapped and make room accordingly for the faster guy. But...there are some of you guys that do not move over or slow down enough as a back marker to let the faster car pass. I know no one would do this deliberately but racers need to be more aware of whats going on in the race around them.
I will always give a back marker a chance to move over when I catch them but if they do not make the effort to let lapping cars through then I call their name on TS and just say "Blue flag",this should be enough to warn said racer to move over but on a couple of occasions it has been ignored. I don't mean to sound rude on TS but racing can be intense and concentration on a high level. If I have to speak on TS a 2nd time to get someone to move over I tend to just say "COME ON GET OUT THE WAY"...which may be wrong on my part.
Today a back marker cost me big time (leading the race) as I could not get past and I ended up spinning trying to overtake....after 2 warnings on TS.
Please guys listen to TS and pay attention to faster racers lapping you. :thumbsup:

About @Jason Semerau 's driving: Thank God collisions between cars were disabled at this race! You were constantly out of track during the whole race and you were going back on the road without caring or looking back.

Plus for some reason @Andrew Mooney 's car was sitting in the middle of the straight for the whole race. It would be nice if you just put your car in the car the pits mate!

About @Jason Semerau 's driving: Thank God collisions between cars were disabled at this race! You were constantly out of track during the whole race and you were going back on the road without caring or looking back.

Plus for some reason @Andrew Mooney 's car was sitting in the middle of the straight for the whole race. It would be nice if you just put your car in the car the pits mate!

was it? I had internet problems so I couldn't race. I think I must have left the game running and not quit the game.

sorry to everybody for not sorting myself out, it won't happen again.

was it? I had internet problems so I couldn't race. I think I must have left the game running and not quit the game.

sorry to everybody for not sorting myself out, it won't happen again.
Like i said bro, jacked up setup....... Rear was TOTALLLY LOOSE!! Was SO PISSED!!!

k, Jason. I've just had a look at the replay, you really need to pay attention to: letting faster cars overtake you (lapping), being more carefull when you rejoin the track - You and Akis almost had a collision on lap 16 and you and Tony on lap 15

Ghost cars defeat collisions.... Hence being not an issue, as i didn't bitch when it happened to me too.

Ghost cars defeat collisions.... Hence being not an issue, as i didn't bitch when it happened to me too.
Yes, this is very well an issue - as you can take away from Akis' and Tony's response.
This race was an anomaly - held during the collision bug was in effect. This is not a valid argument to make. Many people didn't knew that during the race and only read about it after the fact - and it was fixed in the last little update.
I've watched the replay extensively, from the perspectives of all drivers in the race. The fact is, drivers did take evasive action, if in danger of hitting somebody else. Even if drivers knew about the bug, it's second nature for a racing driver to try avoiding collisions. Most participants in this race acted like in a normal race situation.
It's not only good racing practice to avoid collisions in general but a quality expected from every driver here at RD (to quote Spock from Star Trek 2009).

We don't want to slam you about it, we want to make you aware of it and that you act differently in the future.

And if you need help with setting up the car, we are more than happy to help out.
Edit: Help for setting up a car in Assetto Corsa even for a SCE Champion ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 331 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing