rF2 GT3 Club @ Spa Francorchamps - Friday 23rd October 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Jumped on the server yesterday and it was wet. Are we going to get rain in the race?

A "fata morgana". :D
Turn off the "road reflections" in you graphic settings. ;)
aegypten1989_0560.jpg

HAHA! What you've come across there is a classic bug with the RaceRfactor tracks. It wasn't actually wet; the server is never set to rain. The problem is that under certain light conditions that track surface appears to be shiny, and reflects as if it had been rained upon. Apologies for the confusion. But I can confirm that the race will be dry... that is unless you would like some rain! :sneaky:

I can only speak for myself but RF2 is the only proper sim that provides us with actual changing conditions so it would be weird not to take advantage of that.
Maybe set the weather according to a track specific forecast (not real time, just have a looksie on some website and plan the event out accordingly).

Sidenote: I'll probably be on thr server today at around 18:00 GMT to decide which car im gonna use

But there was spray and I was 20 sec off the pace and the car was undriveable with slicks, also, liveracers showed the track was wet.
There is no way the server wasn't in wet conditions.
Hmmm, that's very strange indeed. I have restarted the server using a newly regenerate weather and track settings file (I deleted the old one in case there were any anomolies), so it should be back to normal again now. :thumbsup:

@Gijs van Elderen: I changed the 'forced driving views' setting when restarting the server, so there are now no restrictions; the perfect chance to check whether or not this setting was having an effect on the driving FOV. ;)

HAHA! What you've come across there is a classic bug with the RaceRfactor tracks. It wasn't actually wet; the server is never set to rain. The problem is that under certain light conditions that track surface appears to be shiny, and reflects as if it had been rained upon. Apologies for the confusion. But I can confirm that the race will be dry... that is unless you would like some rain! :sneaky:

No rain yet please ive only just got the game lol gonna be hard enough for me to stay on track in the dry lol maybe for the championship would be a good idea though.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 403 40.0%