rF2 GT3 Club @ South Shore - Friday 9th October 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Stenne I took a look at the replay of our contact. I would advice that you be predictable at all times, and in that situation it would've been predictable to stay on the extreme left at the exit of the corner and driver straight along the racing line :)

@Stenne I took a look at the replay of our contact. I would advice that you be predictable at all times, and in that situation it would've been predictable to stay on the extreme left at the exit of the corner and driver straight along the racing line :)

Thanks for your advice Tero. :thumbsup:
I saw you in my mirrors and some idea got to my head to leave the racing line and leave you space on the outside. Also had a look att the racing rules after the race and realised that it was the wrong move. Gaining experience all the time. :)

Looked at the replay and watched you fast guys and realised what I really need to practice more. My good laps were quite good but I was not very consistent in stayin on the race line over the whole race. So for me these club races are really priceless for gaining experience and learning.

Btw. Saw you were driving the BMW. That was my second choice for the race and I've planned to work on a setup during the weekend. I wonder if it would be possible for you to share your setup for this race. It would be nice to have as a bench-mark.

Thanks for your advice Tero. :thumbsup:
I saw you in my mirrors and some idea got to my head to leave the racing line and leave you space on the outside. Also had a look att the racing rules after the race and realised that it was the wrong move. Gaining experience all the time. :)

Looked at the replay and watched you fast guys and realised what I really need to practice more. My good laps were quite good but I was not very consistent in stayin on the race line over the whole race. So for me these club races are really priceless for gaining experience and learning.

Btw. Saw you were driving the BMW. That was my second choice for the race and I've planned to work on a setup during the weekend. I wonder if it would be possible for you to share your setup for this race. It would be nice to have as a bench-mark.
Yeah it was a bit tricky situation as I went to a sort of blind spot for you after the apex as you were so wide. And then I was next to you and the only way you could've seen me is if you pressed the look right button. Or locate me by engine sound. But a good rule is that ig you don't see someone that was near you just moments a go, stay calm and predictable :) Well that's just a good rule all the timee actually :D

Staying on the rubbered line is especially important here in rFactor 2 as there's more grip there. Though I have to point out that for some reason the rubbered line in T5 to T6 tonight wasn't correct in my humble opinion. Rubber is layed down where people drive, but tracks also come with some pre-defined rubber and that is often driven by the AI and the AI drives roughly the line it is told to drive. That's why I didn't stick to the rubbered line there and neither did Cristian I believe.

We've got cars from two different mod packs in use here. So we have two different Z4 GT3's and setups between them aren't compatible. I was using the Apex Z4 tonight, but I've also driven the BES Z4 in the past so I've got a setup for each. Just no setup for the BES Z4 for South Shore specifically. Which one would you like?

Though I have to point out that for some reason the rubbered line in T5 to T6 tonight wasn't correct in my humble opinion.
I'll have a look at the replay and your race line in these turns. I still find it very tricky to find the best race line when coming to new tracks so I'll usually trust the AI cars. As GT racing is new to me it's a new track every week, unless we end up at one of the F1 GP tracks some day. :D

We've got cars from two different mod packs in use here. So we have two different Z4 GT3's and setups between them aren't compatible. I was using the Apex Z4 tonight, but I've also driven the BES Z4 in the past so I've got a setup for each. Just no setup for the BES Z4 for South Shore specifically. Which one would you like?

I did 5-6 laps with all of the cars for this race just to find out which default setups felt most comfortable for me. One of those were the Apex Z4, together with the Apex MP412, BES 458 and BES Nissan GT-R. The BES Z4 I found very hard to drive with the default setup.

So it's mainly the Apex Z4 from the N24 mod pack I'm interested in..

Many thx. :thumbsup:

I've got a feeling you don't like my setup if you thought the default setup was comfortable for you. But have a go :)
I'll sure give it a try. It would anyhow be interesting to see how it fits me. And maybe also give a hint on how my driving style goes with different setups.

I still have a lot of F1 driving in me so it might be a way for me to adapt a more "GT-friendly" driving style by trying to get good lap times out of your setup. No matter how it works out, it will surely give me hints on which direction I need to go when making my own setups.

See you in Adelaide :)

Good race Tero :) was nice to race.

I think i had a bad race setup or pushed to hard behind you because my tire was around 50% left (after i dropped to 2s behind you) and i was worried about a tyre failure and i pited, 2nd mistake i didn't checked the pit strategy and filled the car with 60l :D before my PC Crashed :( :( .

How do you started that good is it the car or how should this GT3 cars started in rF2 ?
How was your tire wear after 30mins at that pace ?

T5 is all about early as possible full throttle cause u have the longest straight and every kph counts at the end.
T6 is very tricky if u don't get it right later braking (hard) and trail braking come off the brakes as you turn in and get a consistent speed, if u turn to late in there is no grip available.

Hmm, maybe I got the turn numbers wrong :D I counted that T6 is the one leading to the backstraight.

Yeah we had a good race going but then you pitted :/ Shame about the PC crash too :(

Start was just pure luck as it was the first time I did a standing start with the car :D

My setup wasn't great either. It was understeering mid corner but also somewhat unstable under braking. Wasn't able to tune that out enough in this short time. First time racing this car. I did maybe 20 laps the other day to work on a base setup. Plus then whatever laps I did on the server. My right front was also around 50% at 30 min mark. I don't think there's any fear of tyre failure unless the tyre goes to 0%. I've never had one anyway.

I feel like I was abusing the tyres quite a bit. Maybe going a bit slower and keeping the tyres slightly cooler could've given a bit faster laptimes overall in the race.

The two guys up front were much faster than us mere mortals on the back.:D

With that in mind i just wanted a race with few mistakes and a good rhythm. Right on the second lap lost control of the car and although no big damage to the car the tires were done. I couldn't do the rest of the race with that vibration so had to stop to change them.

After that it was time to recover the time lost and it sure was fun. Pushing the car to my limit and in the end was able to fight right until the last lap for second position. :thumbsup:

After that it was time to recover the time lost and it sure was fun. Pushing the car to my limit and in the end was able to fight right until the last lap for second position.

Yeah, you really pushed me hard on the final laps. I had to squeeze everything I could out of my driving to defend. But, I got on the throttle to hard after a turn and the back end came in front just a few corners from the finish line, and that was it. :mad: A bit frustrating, but it was really good racing and great fun! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years